GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
and he still has to be tried for the child *advertiser censored* and burglary, so if no bond is set for the other charges, can he really get out?

I don't recall him being indicted on either the child *advertiser censored* or the burglary charges and those were from way back in June and August. Pretty sure the newspapers would have covered it as any story that lets them imply "he's a sick and twisted monster!!!" is sure to be covered.

I have a question about the bond order. I can't tell from its wording. Does he still have to prove he is not a danger to himself, the previously discussed mental evaluation? Also, how will they be able to monitor whether or not he is ever left alone with the children? Seems an impossibility to me. I guess we can assume that the children pictured on the *advertiser censored* charges are not his sister's children. I can't believe the court would ever allow him to live with them again if it were these kids.

I don't recall him being indicted on either the child *advertiser censored* or the burglary charges and those were from way back in June and August. Pretty sure the newspapers would have covered it as any story that lets them imply "he's a sick and twisted monster!!!" is sure to be covered.

Sonya, you're right about the burglary charges -- but he WAS indicted on the child exploitation charges, at the same time he was indicted for murder. But in the case of the child exploitation, the indictment did come within 90 days of those charges being made.

I have a question about the bond order. I can't tell from its wording. Does he still have to prove he is not a danger to himself, the previously discussed mental evaluation? Also, how will they be able to monitor whether or not he is ever left alone with the children? Seems an impossibility to me. I guess we can assume that the children pictured on the *advertiser censored* charges are not his sister's children. I can't believe the court would ever allow him to live with them again if it were these kids.

i agreeee

[/B]

okay, how do you know or why do you think? Originally stated you had no real evidence to support this. I'm sorry, you lost me.

Why does the prosecution have to show innocence????

Jeffrey Dahmer...................looks and acts like him.............creeeeeeepy!!!!

THANKS

Well, let me be clear, all this is only just my little humble opinion, hunch, whatever you want to call it . I have no evidence, just suppositions from what I think. I think McD did post the barbecue/v-card to the opchan thread, and I think he engaged in cannabilism based on that post and theories from the very beginning of this thing from AngelEyes. The prosecution does not have to show innocence, what they do have to show is anything at all they have in their possession that could exculpate McDaniel. This is part of the legal process , and this will be part of the April 20th proceedings . There was a case recently on 60 Minutes about a guy who spent about 20 years in jail for a crime he did not commit, the murder of his wife , and the prosecution kept such evidence from the defense, in their zeal to get a conviction .

I have a question about the bond order. I can't tell from its wording. Does he still have to prove he is not a danger to himself, the previously discussed mental evaluation?

I do not think so, there is nothing about that mentioned in the restrictions.

Hogue also filed a really long wordy rather funny motion regarding "danger to himself" claim. It analyzes various words and their meanings "If I tell my wife there isn't "any" butter" that means no butter in the refrigerator, it doesn't mean no butter in town, the word must be taken in context. Plus a long list of possible suicide methods that McDaniel was never accused of.

http://www.13wmaz.com/assetpool/documents/120406045932_stephen-mcdaniel-motion-for-bond.pdf

Still trying to catch up, so my question may be out in left field. But if McD cannot get bond on the CP charges, isn't being granted bond on the murder charge irrelevant?

Given the nature of the other charges, unless alternative living arrangements were made for the children. I can't see him being allowed to live there. How long until this case goes to trial, years?

ETA- Just saw what Lauren's Mom stated, makes me feel comfortable that McD will be staying in jail.
Karen Giddings, Lauren's mother, said by phone Wednesday that she was not concerned about McDaniel getting out of jail because of the other pending charges.

She said she's confident in the District Attorney's office and she's been assured by the DA that McDaniel will remain in jail.

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/local/article/177651/175/Judge-Approves-850000-Bond-for-Stephen-McDaniel

Well, let me be clear, all this is only just my little humble opinion, hunch, whatever you want to call it . I have no evidence, just suppositions from what I think. I think McD did post the barbecue/v-card to the opchan thread, and I think he engaged in cannabilism based on that post and theories from the very beginning of this thing from AngelEyes.

Okay so IF he actually posted this as a confession I pose a few questions:

1) Why didn't he focus on the method of death? He fantasized about murder methods for years, why is it mentioned in passing as "ooops, she O.D." which downplays the act and reduces it to an accident instead of an accomplishment and sign of bravado?

2) Why refer to the drugs as a "Mickey Finn", a term used decades ago, instead of using modern date rape drug lingo such as GHB or Rohypnal if he in fact used drugs and was now bragging about the act?

3) Why did he claim to have murdered her after she returned from a graduation party? All evidence suggests there was no graduation party around the time disappeared, if she had been at a party people would have come forward.

4) Why did he elaborate on barbequing her arms and legs, but not mention anything about the dismemberment, which no doubt would have been the goriest and hardest task of all?

5) Why claim you barbequed someone but then not mention how or what that was like? Why downplay the experience as a sideline comment when you are telling the world about your great act and you tend to be a very wordy person?

6) Why would a guy that is bragging about his macho accomplishment mock himself as being a virgin twice?

I do not think so, there is nothing about that mentioned in the restrictions.

Hogue also filed a really long wordy rather funny motion regarding "danger to himself" claim. It analyzes various words and their meanings "If I tell my wife there isn't "any" butter" that means no butter in the refrigerator, it doesn't mean no butter in town, the word must be taken in context. Plus a long list of possible suicide methods that McDaniel was never accused of.

http://www.13wmaz.com/assetpool/documents/120406045932_stephen-mcdaniel-motion-for-bond.pdf

Also the defendant won't poison his own begonias. :thumb:

1) Why didn't he focus on the method of death? He fantasized about murder methods for years, why is it mentioned in passing as "ooops, she O.D." which downplays the act and reduces it to an accident instead of an accomplishment and sign of bravado?

2) Why refer to the drugs as a "Mickey Finn", a term used decades ago, instead of using modern date rape drug lingo such as GHB or Rohypnal if he in fact used drugs and was now bragging about the act?

3) Why did he claim to have murdered her after she returned from a graduation party? All evidence suggests there was no graduation party around the time disappeared, if she had been at a party people would have come forward.

4) Why did he elaborate on barbequing her arms and legs, but not mention anything about the dismemberment, which no doubt would have been the goriest and hardest task of all?

5) Why claim you barbequed someone but then not mention how or what that was like? Why downplay the experience as a sideline comment when you are telling the world about your great act and you tend to be a very wordy person?

6) Why would a guy that is bragging about his macho accomplishment mock himself as being a virgin twice?

And when did he post it?

Good Afternoon, Sleuthers! I have done a little bit of snooping around and just outright pondering , here are my thoughts, and only my thoughts, I have no real evidence to support, other than a few tidbits :
The barbecue/v-card post did come from McD. The prosecution knows this because of direct evidence obtained from McD's computer that was seized as evidence. Lots of other stuff on there we will get to see in due time .
April 20th will not be a non-event, but nothing in the way of a bombshell day either, I don't believe. Prosecution is not required to show all their cards pointing towards guilt, but they do have to show all their cards pointing towards innocence ( anything that could exculpate McDaniel) I don't think there is anything like that for them to reveal because , plain and simple, he did it.
Cannibalism and/or necrophilia did occur . This is one sick puppy we are dealing with here.

AgentFrankLundy, I have complete confidence in you. Your thoughts have come to pass too many times to discount what you post. However you come to form your opinions, you're doing some good detective work. I look forward to whatever thoughts you will share with us in the future.

IF the post came from McD, I was thinking it was intended as a smart-azz type comment. Picture eye-rolling... "Yeah, riiiight... I did it... just like this.... see how ridiculous it sounds?" and that perhaps it was posted via a mobile device, and so he was not his usual verbose self -- maybe while sitting in the hallway at the police station, realizing he was under suspicion but not really thinking he was going to be locked up (at least, not so quickly).

Still trying to catch up, so my question may be out in left field. But if McD cannot get bond on the CP charges, isn't being granted bond on the murder charge irrelevant?

Given the nature of the other charges, unless alternative living arrangements were made for the children. I can't see him being allowed to live there. How long until this case goes to trial, years?

ETA- Just saw what Lauren's Mom stated, makes me feel comfortable that McD will be staying in jail.

I bet if you asked Lauren's mom in the not-too-distant past whether she thought it was likely McD would ever be granted bond at all in this case, she'd have said, "No way!"

IF the post came from McD, I was thinking it was intended as a smart-azz type comment. Picture eye-rolling... "Yeah, riiiight... I did it... just like this.... see how ridiculous it sounds?" and that perhaps it was posted via a mobile device, and so he was not his usual verbose self -- maybe while sitting in the hallway at the police station, realizing he was under suspicion but not really thinking he was going to be locked up (at least, not so quickly).

When I first read the post on the Telegraph I thought he might be a genius because the post didn't match the crime, it was so whacky and unrealistic it could be used to discredit all of his previous posts as "crazy talk" if they found the site.

I don't think for one moment McDaniel would start joking around on his cell phone while he was in the police station, I don't even think McDaniel had a reputation for joking around online, his posts tended to be wordy and logical.

When I first read the post on the Telegraph I thought he might be a genius because the post didn't match the crime, it was so whacky and unrealistic it could be used to discredit all of his previous posts as "crazy talk" if they found the site.

I don't think for one moment McDaniel would start joking around on his cell phone while he was in the police station, I don't even think McDaniel had a reputation for joking around online, his posts tended to be wordy and logical.

There is always the possibility that this was planned down to the most minute detail and that it was an intentional post with a purpose such as you describe.

When I consider that McD did this, I never picture it as an emotional, out-of-control thing. It's always very calculated... an intellectual exercise.

There is always the possibility that this was planned down to the most minute detail and that it was an intentional post with a purpose such as you describe.

When I consider that McD did this, I never picture it as an emotional, out-of-control thing. It's always very calculated... an intellectual exercise.

Yeah and it would have been SO EASY to avoid all of this! If he did it he knew the police were coming back in the morning...instead of putting the torso in the trash why not put it in the trunk and DRIVE AWAY? Plus ain't no way he was "desperate and crazy" and disposing of evidence without thinking, else the MPD would have found finger prints on the 5 trash bags that held the torso, the killer used gloves even while "hastily dumping" the torso in a last minute panic. So the killer is putting on gloves and thinks "hmmm...the trash can a few feet from the door will be fine, yeah there is an odor but...I bet the trash guy will come before the police arrive. Everything else is spotless, so what is the big deal if the torso is found right here?"

IF he did this it must have been some twisted intellectual chess game type of thing. I just do not know, none of it makes sense, maybe the kid really is innocent and got fingered due to weirdness.

I am confused. :waitasec: I thought the "troll" was trying to make it sound just like the crime and that is why everyone was thinking it was a troll.

I bet if you asked Lauren's mom in the not-too-distant past whether she thought it was likely McD would ever be granted bond at all in this case, she'd have said, "No way!"

I think they are just making it impossible for him, with the appearance of trying becuaes they were cornered.......

For those that are convinced Mcd didn't do it, is there anyone that you think is a more logical choice as the murderer? Any theories? Was it a random serial killer or was this planned and Mcd framed? If you think Mcd was framed, who did he cross?

For those that are convinced Mcd didn't do it, is there anyone that you think is a more logical choice as the murderer? Any theories? Was it a random serial killer or was this planned and Mcd framed? If you think Mcd was framed, who did he cross?

I'm not sure you're going to find anyone here who is convinced McD didn't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loria4mi5