GUILTY TX - Kala Golden-Schuchardt, 28, Spring, 17 April 2012

The 3-day-old baby, Keegan Schuchardt, who was found by DPS troopers around 8:15 p.m. at a residence off of FM 1960, where the parents of the defendant live.
The child is now in the custody of the CPS. The father, Keith Schuchardt, had not signed the baby’s birth certificate.
"My son-in-law is trying to get his child, and they got to run background checks on everybody before we can even get our baby back. My daughter’s baby. It was my daughter that was murdered. And it’s just really sad," said Linda Golden, the victim’s mother.
http://www.khou.com/news/Woman-charged-for-shooting-mother-baby-in-CPS-custody-147893285.html

Hmmm. Wonder if she had just purchased the house or was living with someone? I didn't find her name listed anywhere on Sugar Pine Circle, but did find a male 30-35 listed as living with older couple. That's stretching, but I wonder who the male was with her....or was it really a female??

Here's a little map: http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=N...sMW76T4A&oq=Sugar+Pine+Circle&t=h&mra=ls&z=11

She confessed to shooting Golden in order to take her baby. The defendant's sister corroborates that McClain had spoken to her about adopting a baby soon.

Here comes some mental health/insanity gobaldy-gook an she'll probably not get the DP. I hate being nauseated in the morning!

I wonder why the baby hasn't been reunited with dad yet?

NOT SURE...if this is the only reason, but I did read this.

but he had not yet signed the Birth certificate. They are all testing everyone to make sure.

passionflower: you sure were right about overkill, etc etc etc in your earlier post.

I am so glad that this baby was found safe and hope the cps process goes quickly so he can be reunited with his family

I keep trying to figure out...as we all have, why this all happened. We have a couple driving around in a Lexis with a weapon, then parked next to the victim, argument ensues, she murdered in broad daylight and her baby is taken. Then the car is found a mile away and the baby is found in another house...in another county. Where the car is found, SWAT enters and finds a woman on the phone, with another woman...and LE tracks the phone call that leads to the infant. I keep thinking surely drugs are involved for someone to randomly shoot 6-7 bullets into someone and then take the child. Really curious what the motive was and how this all played out. What a waste..... and how sick some people can be. Ugh...

I don’t think it is drugs. I think the crazy women told her sister she would be adopting a new baby, She must have had a plan but it was not a good plan.
I do not think she would have passed any adoption agency’s scrutiny anyway, She probably knew that, now the baby’s Mom is dead and she is going to jail.

I hope he is able to have his child returned to him soon. I dont know how long it takes to establish paternity but in VA if a child is born within a marriage ,the husband is veiwed as the legal father.

I guess that isnt how it is in texas? He should get a lawyer. ASAP.

So is Keegan now at home with his dad and other siblings? I just don't see the family having anything at all to do with this.

I can't believe they are giving dad the runaround on this. He needs to get a lawyer ASAP. How cruel!

First, I want to thank all the witnesses that gave information to LE regarding what happened to Baby Keegan and his mother.

Secondly, I want to thank Texas LE for an outstanding job in locating Baby Keegan and arresting the woman who killed Kala and abducted Baby Keegan.

Thirdly, if it takes an extra day or two to get the paternity test done on Baby Keegan before he is returned to his father, I am okay with that as the paperwork really needs to be in order for Baby Keegan.

Just catching up. Absolutely horrid event!

So they haven't caught the male accomplice yet?

First, I want to thank all the witnesses that gave information to LE regarding what happened to Baby Keegan and his mother.

Secondly, I want to thank Texas LE for an outstanding job in locating Baby Keegan and arresting the woman who killed Kala and abducted Baby Keegan.

Thirdly, if it takes an extra day or two to get the paternity test done on Baby Keegan before he is returned to his father, I am okay with that as the paperwork really needs to be in order for Baby Keegan.

Since Keegan's parents are legally married, the husband is presumed the legal father, so I don't see any reasons for paternity testing at all. I don't understand why the state is keeping this child right now. DA doesn't think that this child's mother was targeted, just that a suspect wanted a baby. Certainly it's not the case of neglect since the mother was killed before the baby was kidnapped. Just give the child back already.

In most of these type of cases (baby kidnapping by a woman), a woman is trying to please some guy by providing this guy with a baby in order to keep the guy. Sometimes the kidnapper has other children but usually not with the new guy they are trying to please.

So odd that she was taking the baby for the first check up at 3 days old. Thank goodness the baby is alive, so sad for the mother.

Baby may have had jaundice while in hops and doc wanted it checked in clinic. Makes sense to me, ex ped nurse.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back