Trial Thread 4/19/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is MR"s laptop included in this chapter? I'm sure he probably had it wiped too but it will be interesting to see what they found. Or didn't find. Moo

even if he wiped it the info is still on the hard drive and could be retrieved..MOO

Doesn't it also depend on someone's privacy settings. Some areas of a person's FB are visible without having to be their friend.

Please correct if I am wrong here.

Yes, if your whole FB page is public then you can see everything, or you can prevent someone from seeing certain areas, like your friend list. Eveything can be made public or private or only accessible to certain people, or groups or lists.

Did it say what time these calls were made?????

The tweets lead me to believe it was on April 8 (read bottom to top)

BBM messages not sorted by time sent.

Rafferty was messaging with a woman named Charity Spitzig on April 8th. More than 2 dozen messages.

Showing VERY detailed list of blackberry pins sent by Rafferty on April 8th, 2009.

Between April 8th and May 19th, Rafferty used one blackberry. Separate log for the blackberry he only used on may 19th before being arrested

jmo

There are 5800 logs on Rafferty's blackberry between April 8th and May 19th. Doesn't mean there were that many messages.

13,000 people were looking for Tori.

The triangulation from cell phone pings of 1 person led the Det. Smyth to find her remains.

THAT is extremely strong evidence.

JMO

In this instance, it was a 7:47 p.m. voice call from Mr. Rafferty’s BlackBerry, connecting with a tower near Mount Forest, close to where Tori’s body was eventually found, that first pointed detectives in that direction.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/phone-records-link-rafferty-to-route-allegedly-taken-on-day-of-toris-disappearance-trial-hears/article2407739/?utm_medium=Feeds%3A%20RSS%2FAtom&utm_source=Home&utm_content=2407739

Hello Kitty ! Am I correct in my understanding that:

1. RIM can track BBM activity as it is the service provider for Blackberries. RIM does not have a record of what the BBM messages said ... but does know who originated them, who received them, and the times sent and received - including any delay in reciept.

2. RIM does not have a record of text messages as they are not internet based.

3. RIM does keep track of phone calls made from a Blackberry for billing purposes - the same I assume for incoming calls as it is air time.

4. It is possible that RIMs records would therefore show BBM activity (ie 24 messages to one BBM contact) and cell phone voice calls. If there was text activity AT ANY TIME during those 24 hours, RIM would have no record.

Thx! You rock at this stuff!!!

Just because you have public information out there for people to see, it doesn't mean you can't be stalked.

Not sure if this is the case with MR or not, cause we haven't heard anything about him hiding out in the bushes outside her home or anything.

13,000 people were looking for Tori.

The triangulation from cell phone pings of 1 person led the Det. Smyth to find her remains.

THAT is extremely strong evidence.

JMO

I wish some of you here could go and translate for the Jury

For someone who is constantly on his phone to be off of it for that long.

...while he has been placed in the vicinity of a girl he has been accused of murdering.

...with that girl's blood in his car.

...with a witness to put him there.

I'm so tired and my brain is fried, so someone else can add to the list.

Let me try a different scenario of what could have happened.

*TLM had MR drive her to HD with a girl she was babysitting (who decided to play hide and seek in the back seat) so she could buy some supplies for them to build a treehouse. MR was too tired from his construction job all morning, plus he had to teach a dance class in the evening and cater a party at night so he decided to let TLM borrow his car. TLM drove up to Mt Forrest and...well you know.

**italics are a crock

Sorry, I just have to add to this and I might get snipped.

Or was it that he had a sudden case of indigestion and couldn't leave Timmie's as he knows he's full of it too, so TLM took TS for a dust.

UGH!!!!! Sorry, just had to say this.

And always MOO

You are correct ... without access all you can see is their main page - not too much information there - possibly photos of some of their contacts - but you cannot see their `wall`where friends post, or updates or their private photos etc. It would take less than a minute to look at the main page and digest its content.

JMO

It certainly depends on security settings. I just spent time looking on someone's FB Wall yesterday, and i am not on their friends list.

@RaffertyLFP
  • Derstine suggest there was disruption in Rafferty's Blackberry around 16:35 on April 8th with various possible explanations
Did he spill tea on his phone? JMO

LOL...we were already told why there was a "disruption" in his phone Mr Derstine. He pulled the battery out. Because he had an abducted child in his car and he didn't want to be tracked. And he didn't watch enough CSI or read enough Websleuths to know that he just had to turn it off. ;)

MOO

Public Safety Minister Vic Toews announces closure of Kingston, Laval prisons

Two of Canada’s federal prisons, including the maximum security Kingston Penitentiary, will be permanently closed, Public Safety Minister Vic Toews announced Thursday

The three facilities will be decommissioned within the next two years, Toews said.

http://www.nationalpost.com/index.html

It certainly depends on security settings. I just spent time looking on someone's FB Wall yesterday, and i am not on their friends list.

Agreed! Some people are an open book. I am not sure I agree with that, as along with opening themselves up to public scrutiny, they also leave their friends exposed.

IMO

Public Safety Minister Vic Toews announces closure of Kingston, Laval prisons

Two of Canada’s federal prisons, including the maximum security Kingston Penitentiary, will be permanently closed, Public Safety Minister Vic Toews announced Thursday

The three facilities will be decommissioned within the next two years, Toews said.

http://www.nationalpost.com/index.html

Well how nice for MR to know he won't be going to that dump. Maybe he'll get a nice new state of the art home. He really does get a lot of breaks doesn't he?

MOO

Another thing in common with CA!!! They should add excessive cell phone usage to the list of behaviours of a psychopath. Good for the carriers, bad for the population

what were CS and MTR blatting about on the 8th so much back and forth? we haven't heard from her yet. JMO

Well how nice for MR to know he won't be going to that dump. Maybe he'll get a nice new state of the art home. He really does get a lot of breaks doesn't he?

MOO

How about a landscaping chain gang!!

You are correct ... without access all you can see is their main page - not too much information there - possibly photos of some of their contacts - but you cannot see their `wall`where friends post, or updates or their private photos etc. It would take less than a minute to look at the main page and digest its content.

JMO

This isn't exactly right. The facebook page owner can set viewing options. There are many pages out there, someone could spend 20 minutes on without being friends of the page owner.

So it depends on how AL set her privacy features. MR may have had access because she had not de-friended him yet. Or she may have an open facebook page, or who knows...............

Salem

MOO

Nice shiney new floors in <modsnip>s Ballroom ;)

Moo. Moo..

Stick a fork in him! He's D-O-N-E! !

Am only sad this cannot be a Death Penalty case
blowup.gif
If ever a crime that deserves it.. THIS IS IT!!

MOO.. MOO..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member