17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
gated community that had basically become an aprtment complex because of the economy-there were lots of new renters in there and no possible way GZ knew all of the people in the almost 300 units and their family and friends.

Can I also say I find "gated communities" to be both ridiculous and obnoxious. This was not an "upscale" place-it was a little cookie cutter development but to make themselves feel better they build a wall around it. What is it with Florida and the southwest? Every time we rent out in the Phoenix area we're in some stupid gated community where they have codes for gates and pools and clubhouses. I got trapped IN the last gated community as a pedestrian as I didn't have the codes with me and I couldn't get the pedestrian gate to open to let me OUT. Since it waas outside PHX it was also half empty. These places are becoming ghost towns in this economy. I just find them weird-as a New Englander I live in a small town with a college and town center and green and churches that everyone walks to and we don't have any anywhere near the crime they had in GZ's gated complex. I think they're a terrible idea-trying to isolate yourself from your fellow community memebrs is just odd to me. OK, I digressed...sorry.

I want to expand on this because it goes back to the point I made in my first post on this thread, answering why GZ ever left his vehicle.

You really have to understand the "gated community mentality" to get it. On a public street everyone has a right to be there. I can get on a plane, fly to any city, get in a rent a car, drive around, park, and walk down any street, and really nobody has any reason to suspect me.

But if I drive into a private gated community, it all changes. Completely. People expect to know others. If they don't recognize you, they look at how you look, what you're driving, what your'e wearing, to determine if you belong. And if they can't tell, they might confront you, or call security, just to make sure. This is practically unheard of in a public street context.

So I think that's why people have such a hard time understanding GZ's attitude and behavior. Why did he get out of the car? Why did he follow TM? The answer is: gated community mentality. Perfectly normal and legal.

There are a lot of problems with how LE acted that night from the moment they got there. You can see some of this on the station video, cops with no gloves on, casual conversating with GZ, etc. I don't find it out of the realm of possibility that any of this other stuff (didn't cuff him right away, etc) could have happened considering what we already know about LE's actions that night.

spd did the same thing in the collison case. they put collison in the back of the squad car without a pat down or anything and allowed him to make a phone call as well, to his father.

So does this mean that if the picture was taken with a personal phone that the wound is not admissible evidence?

I can see the state fighting not to admit it because as far as we know, there's no way to establish the chain of custody for that picture. If this crime scene was processed correctly, there should be a list of everyone who entered the crime scene, what they did, what evidence was found, where it was, etc. If the picture is not listed, I don't think it should be allowed.

I also think the picture is more prejudicial than probative, because the smallest nicks will bleed like crazy. I'd like to see the wound cleaned up, because there's no way to tell what the actual injury is, or its severity, from that picture.

:moo::twocents:

It would be monumentally stupid to fake a photo like that knowing police will testify that there was no injury or blood visible on the back of his head.

This already hasn't happened. Gilbreath already testified he had two lacerations on the back of his head.

bbm
because at that moment he was not sure where TM was and did not want TM to know where he (GZ) lived. At that moment he could not see TM.

OK something just struck me there. Why was he worried about TM hearing him give an address over the phone. If TM was hiding 5 foot from him why would saying his address to a person on a phone mean anything to someone who was not hearing the whole conversation? What in the world was going on in his paranoid brain? IMO

Is the state paying his protection now? Or paying for him in any sort while he's out on bond? I thought I heard a quote from MOM that said he was 'on his own'.

I believe it was Adrienne37 that first posted the following link:

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...protection-while-out-on-bail-lawyer-says?lite

Mark O'Mara also said he was considering seeking a taxpayer-funded bodyguard for Zimmerman if the threats continue, according to the report.

Thanks, Adrienne! :seeya:

I think it would be difficult for Zimmerman to give a lot of thought to those options, if Trayvon was on top of him, had him pinned down, continually banging his head into the concrete. His focus would be on trying to prevent a severe brain/head injury that could have possibly lead to death. IMO

I think his focus would be fighting.

I can see the state fighting not to admit it because as far as we know, there's no way to establish the chain of custody for that picture. If this crime scene was processed correctly, there should be a list of everyone who entered the crime scene, what they did, what evidence was found, where it was, etc. If the picture is not listed, I don't think it should be allowed.

I also think the picture is more prejudicial than probative, because the smallest nicks will bleed like crazy. I'd like to see the wound cleaned up, because there's no way to tell what the actual injury is, or its severity, from that picture.

:moo::twocents:

So you don't think the jury should be able to see the picture? Do you think it is a fake picture?

I want the jury to see the picture because I really want to see the person who took it on the witness stand explaining why, when arriving the scene of the shooting he decided to photograph the back of someone's head instead of helping the victim.

It is not necessary that Mr. Dershowitz know all the details or evidence in the case in order to give his opinion on the Probable Cause Affidavit. IMO

I don't see how this could be true, seeing as how the probable cause affidavit is based on details and evidence that he is not privy to?

It would be monumentally stupid to fake a photo like that knowing police will testify that there was no injury or blood visible on the back of his head.

I don't think Zimmerman will ever be mistaken for Albert Einstein.

I agree. However, that doesn't mean it wasn't done. :)

Yep, this loser should have already been fired weeks ago when this little rant of his was first published.

Protestors: Racially Charged Firefighter Rant Investigation Moving Too Slow

MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Dozens of concerned citizens took part in a protest Wednesday in connection with controversial comments made by a Miami-Dade Fire Department Captain in the Trayvon Martin case.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/04/2...refighter-rant-investigation-moving-too-slow/

So you don't think the jury should be able to see the picture? Do you think it is a fake picture?

Not because it is fake, but because there is no, that we know of, official documentation of this picture by LE. Chain of custody is extremely important. LE should have their own photographs and if they don't, then maybe those who support GZ will finally agree that LE did not do their job that night?

MOO

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/24/2765903/trayvons-image-was-irrelevant.html
Column by Fabiola Santiago:

Trayvon’s image was irrelevant in shooting

By Fabiola Santiago
fsantiago@MiamiHerald.com

Nearly two months after killing Trayvon Martin with a gunshot to the chest, George Zimmerman apologized to his parents.

“I wanted to say I am sorry for the loss of your son,” Zimmerman said at his bond hearing.

Then, answering questions Trayvon’s mother had raised on television weeks before, he added: “I did not know how old he was. I thought he was a little bit younger than I am. And I did not know if he was armed or not.”

The awkward apology is illustrative of how little Zimmerman understands of the scope of his crime.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/24/2765903/trayvons-image-was-irrelevant.html#storylink=cpy

I want the jury to see the picture because I really want to see the person who took it on the witness stand explaining why, when arriving the scene of the shooting he decided to photograph the back of someone's head instead of helping the victim.

It would be pretty bad if that IPhone photo was the only one taken that night.

JMHO

gated community that had basically become an aprtment complex because of the economy-there were lots of new renters in there and no possible way GZ knew all of the people in the almost 300 units and their family and friends.

Can I also say I find "gated communities" to be both ridiculous and obnoxious. This was not an "upscale" place-it was a little cookie cutter development but to make themselves feel better they build a wall around it. What is it with Florida and the southwest? Every time we rent out in the Phoenix area we're in some stupid gated community where they have codes for gates and pools and clubhouses. I got trapped IN the last gated community as a pedestrian as I didn't have the codes with me and I couldn't get the pedestrian gate to open to let me OUT. Since it waas outside PHX it was also half empty. These places are becoming ghost towns in this economy. I just find them weird-as a New Englander I live in a small town with a college and town center and green and churches that everyone walks to and we don't have any anywhere near the crime they had in GZ's gated complex. I think they're a terrible idea-trying to isolate yourself from your fellow community memebrs is just odd to me. OK, I digressed...sorry.

Hi there fellow New Englander !!

ITA !! I'll keep my rural home in the country over a gated community any day. I don't think I'd like the restrictions of the gated community. I like being able to do whatever I please on my own property. Obviously gated community's aren't any safer than non gated communities. Especially with people like GZ running loose in them. :D JMO

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/24/2765903/trayvons-image-was-irrelevant.html
Column by Fabiola Santiago:

Trayvon’s image was irrelevant in shooting

By Fabiola Santiago
fsantiago@MiamiHerald.com

Nearly two months after killing Trayvon Martin with a gunshot to the chest, George Zimmerman apologized to his parents.

“I wanted to say I am sorry for the loss of your son,” Zimmerman said at his bond hearing.

Then, answering questions Trayvon’s mother had raised on television weeks before, he added: “I did not know how old he was. I thought he was a little bit younger than I am. And I did not know if he was armed or not.”

The awkward apology is illustrative of how little Zimmerman understands of the scope of his crime.
Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/24/2765903/trayvons-image-was-irrelevant.html#storylink=cpy

BBM Does that mean O'Mara doesn't understand the scope of George's crimes? Wasn't O'Mara the one who wrote it and made George practice it? I think it was awkward because George didn't want to apologize. His true feelings are relevent by that website he set up. He was a hero against evil that night and everything he did was right and just. :banghead:

Great post! I think the theory of a "universal" gated condo mentality thing is just silly. And you're right, these basic units are everywhere. Most places I've seen in the Orlando area have a perimeter fence, empty guard shack, and that's about it. Since the real estate market burst, these places are really suffering from foreclosures, and it shows.

If someone wants to visit a condo with residents who have a "gated condo mentality", I suggest going to Boca. There are folks there who are happily paying 1 million and upwards per unit. At that price, they might have some expectation of excusivity.

There's a pretty big difference between real estate in Boca Raton and Sanford.
All "gated" condos are not the same. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member