AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see any articles about this case there. Maybe they moved it.

Since Isabel was apparently alive and well Friday evening, the only relevance I can see to whether or not she was in school during the day would be if she was home alone and someone (perp) was watching her. I do believe if she was home or had an appointment that day whatever she did could have some importance as to whoever may have been where she was perhaps paying too much attention to her.

MOO

I wonder if her brothers were at school that day.

When has LE told parents not to talk to the media? Just curious...I think it is usually the opposite, or at least leaves it up to them.
And then in Ayla's case, LE has been vocal about wanting the families to talk to media.

I've seen it in many cases where LE don't want families revealing what they know to the media. Yes of course it's up to the family but many times LE discourages it especially if it hampers their investigation. I'm guessing they have nothing in this case and that's why LE is encouraging it. IMO

Nothing new, case history, parents speak for the first time, coverage of parents speaking... how to call in, blue shorts and shirt the night she disappeared...

hmm mom does slip up a tiny bit "estamos aqui hoy para suplicar el regreso de mi-de nuestra hija Isabel"...translation "we are hear today to plead for the return of my-OUR daughter Isabel."
Shows a tiny bit of emotional disconnect from the dad, in my opinion. I personally still do not think they are involved, all I am saying is that the mother's first thought is MY daughter, not OUR daughter. I might say the same thing in the same situation, who knows. But she quickly changed it to OUR.

..and just in case anyone wondered, both messages were nearly verbatim English and Spanish from both mom and dad.

I never say "ours" either. It's either MY son or YOUR son (when he does something bad.) :)

I can't think of any reason not to speak to the media. For example:

"Please help us find Isa. I put her to bed at xxpm Friday night and she was wearing xxxxxxx. When xxxx awoke at 8AM Saturday morning, Isa was not in her room. We <did/did not> not hear any disturbances during the night. She has <identifying characteristics of ISA> and can speak <both English and Spanish?>. She is <shy and does not reach out to strangers easily/outgoing and easy around strangers>.....please be on the lookout for her and pass the word to all you know.' etc. etc., etc. etc.

Why on earth would they be keeping out of the media? I can't think of any reason unless there is something they are hiding. And if they are hiding something, I hope they have shared whatever it is with LE.

There is something very strange about this family, IMO.

the sleeping arrangements are hinky to me..........Isabel liked to sleep with her brothers and THAT night she went to bed alone.
How did parents do that?
Did she fuss?
Did she fall asleep on the way home?

We do NOT know if Isa went to school on Friday or not. This thread will REALLY get confusing if the discussion turns into what someone comments under a video or a name that shows up in the scanner thread. :crazy:

Thank you. I was just about to ask if anyone had a link confirming Isabel was not at school. So it's just rumour for now?

the sleeping arrangements are hinky to me..........Isabel liked to sleep with her brothers and THAT night she went to bed alone.
How did parents do that?
Did she fuss?

Althought I suspect the answer is NO, I also wonder if either of her brothers had someone sleeping over.

I saw the coach, but have not seen any of the others you named nor have I seen any reference to what they said posted here. Seemed to me it was just the family getting a lot scrutiny and maybe unfairly. I just think that might be a reason they don't want to speak publically. jmo

Maybe I misunderstood your question. Yes, the family is under scrutiny but I guess when you hear about other parents killing their own children, one becomes suspicious when another child disappears. We live in a sad society.

http://www.kgun9.com/multimedia/videos/?bctid=1597322488001
Isabel Celis' neighbors: "She's still alive and she's coming home"

http://www.kvoa.com/videos/community-comes-together-to-help-find-isabel-celis/
The family's priest speaks.

ETA: http://www.kgun9.com/multimedia/videos/?bctid=1588202362001
Mother's coworker and friend

http://www.kvoa.com/news/isabel-celis-teammates-hold-vigil-after-game/#!prettyPhoto/0/
Isabel's best friend

How did parents do that?
Did she fuss?

A 6 year old at 11 pm I would think would have fallen asleep on the way home. It's a long day for a child that age. More than likely she did and they put her in her room.

I know at that age it's tough to change a child's routine of sleeping arrangements and they get scared at that age, don't like to be far away from parents or siblings, and have bad dreams. Heck, if I had a window like that in my bedroom right now I'd be scared.

How did parents do that?
Did she fuss?

We have only Nancy Grace telling us "there are reports out there that Isa usually sleeps with her brothers". That's it. This is unverified and unconfirmed information at this point.

We have only Nancy Grace telling us "there are reports out there that Isa usually sleeps with her brothers". That's it. This is unverified and unconfirmed information at this point.

WHERE would this come from??
If they were really given this info, it could be important...yet they say it so casually and no one challenged them...

Concert tonight to benefit Celis family

Members of Sergio Celis' choir are holding a benefit concert Sunday night to help with the costs of the search for his 6-year-old daughter, Isabel .

"A wonderful human being, very warm," said Jackie Huber, a member of the Arizona Opera Chorus. "Beautiful family. They're wonderful people.

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...tonight-to-benefit-celis-family#ixzz1tTwmPwCM

WHERE would this come from??
If they were really given this info, it could be important...yet they say it so casually and no one challenged them...

Who would challenge them? Heck we would have a 5 hour series on all the misinformation released on shows like Nancy Grace.

Check this out from her facebook when talking about the neighbour:

She even says the girl seemed ‘comfortable’ enough to go with them.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/NancyGraceHLN

:what:

It is my personal opinion that even if the parents of a missing child are innocent, they should hire an attorney.

Whether they hire one or not doesn't sway me either way.

I have a hypothetical question.

If your child was kidnapped and the kidnappers threatened to kill her if you go public or tell LE, what would you do? If they demanded that this be kept quiet and the ransom money be deposited on such and such a day at a certain location, etc. Would you comply or would you tell LE?

Not saying that is the reason the parents are not going public but it has crossed my mind and I pondered what I would do if my child's life was at stake.

I have a hypothetical question.

If your child was kidnapped and the kidnappers threatened to kill her if you go public or tell LE, what would you do? If they demanded that this be kept quiet and the ransom money be deposited on such and such a day at a certain location, etc. Would you comply or would you tell LE?

Not saying that is the reason the parents are not going public but it has crossed my mind and I pondered what I would do if my child's life was at stake.

maybe that is why dad asked about 'demands'??? kidnappers want??
Are they wealthy? Have something someone wants? Revenge?

Maybe I misunderstood your question. Yes, the family is under scrutiny but I guess when you hear about other parents killing their own children, one becomes suspicious when another child disappears. We live in a sad society.

http://www.kgun9.com/multimedia/videos/?bctid=1597322488001
Isabel Celis' neighbors: "She's still alive and she's coming home"

http://www.kvoa.com/videos/community-comes-together-to-help-find-isabel-celis/
The family's priest speaks.

ETA: http://www.kgun9.com/multimedia/videos/?bctid=1588202362001
Mother's coworker and friend

Thank you. I had not seen those.

Who would challenge them? Heck we would have a 5 hour series on all the misinformation released on shows like Nancy Grace.

Check this out from her facebook when talking about the neighbour:

She even says the girl seemed ‘comfortable’ enough to go with them.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/NancyGraceHLN

:what:

That's interesting,about the neighbor's comment.I watched the video of her again. She was saying that,in her opinion, Isabel may have felt comfortable going with the men she heard. Because,she said, she did not hear Isabel scream, or yell,or any sounds of a female child's voice ...

She also said that she could not tell if they were speaking English or Spanish...MOO

That's interesting,about the neighbor's comment.I watched the video of her again. She was saying that,in her opinion, Isabel may have felt comfortable going with the men she heard. Because,she said, she did not hear Isabel scream, or yell,or any sounds of a female child's voice ...

She also said that she could not tell if they were speaking English or Spanish...MOO

Wouldn't the video show what kind of traffic was in the area? Maybe that is how they determined some trash was picked up that morning. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim