17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll agree that he may be feel he was justified in calling in, following and confronting. I don't necessarily agree that he feels justified in killing TM at this time. Saying it like that makes it seem like he meant to shoot him and I don't have enough evidence to make that determination yet.

I have always thought, based on what we have learned of GZ's habits, and mindset, that he determined in his own mind that never would another "___" get away. So, I do believe he was very aware that it might happen, and as Nancy Grace says the intent was formed when he pulled the gun on Trayvon. The intent to kill under the law. jmo

You know Cityslick she is a kind and gentle woman. Had that been me in the courtroom I am sure I would not have maintained my composure and had faith in the system after that stunt. I would probably be in jail for physically assaulting both men. I can't for the life of me understand why the legal system allows gamesmanship. It gives our legal system a black eye. FACT should all that is allowed. Not these lawyer games on either side.

I think it was big of GZ to offer an apology, whether it is viewed as condolences or not, to people who spent the prior 50 days calling him a racist and a cold blooded murderer in front of the entire free world - people who continue to call him both at churches, rallies, and press conferences. People who said nothing when a $10,000 bounty was put on his head.

What we do know, according to witnesses and has never been disputed by Crump or his clients, is TM was on top of GZ refusing to let him retreat. Just as one might feel GZ had no right to shoot TM, TM had no right to hold someone down who was begging for help. I think it was mighty big of GZ to swallow his pride and give condolences to the parents. I can agree with everyone in this regard, I wish he hadn't wasted his time.

JMO

Yes, it was during the bond hearing which just happened to be broadcast live on HLN, clickorlando, wftv, etc.

OK.. I was at work during the hearing.. Am I inderstanding it was on one occasion he revealed her name and that was in the courtroom but the hearing was carried by MSM and the name was revealed on national tv?

IMHO.. Once was one time too many... There was/is no excuse for him to have stated her name so everyone would know who she is..JMHO

Could it have been motivated by "consciousness of guilt"? It is a form of fleeing?

I suspect he was advised to move after Mr Martin came forward early the next day and favorable info became available about Trayvon.

Does O'Mara think the entire population of the United States fell off the turnip truck yesterday? He is playing to the wrong audience when he goes on National News and National News talk shows. We are not dumb, those of us who do keep up with current events heard it, and saw it. So for O'Mara to claim dumb makes him look like he is disingenuous and game playing. Epic fail. Defense attorney dirty trick.

Dumb like a fox.

OK.. I was at work during the hearing.. Am I inderstanding it was on one occasion he revealed her name and that was in the courtroom but the hearing was carried by MSM and the name was revealed on national tv?

IMHO.. Once was one time too many... There was/is no excuse for him to have stated her name so everyone would know who she is..JMHO

Everyone who cared to know already knew her name. All of her friends, neighbors, social media "friends", schoolmates of both her and Trayvon and all of THEIR social media "friends," as well as anyone who cared to know and could google. Another example of much ado about nothing, imo.

Oh yes Emeralgem. He blurted it out in the middle of the hearing.

~jmo~

It was at O'Mara's request...the SA agreed and the Judge to review the paperwork to redact names and other identifying info about witnesses and/or potential witnesses on both sides.

O'Mara requested the names be redacted, how long can that take?

I guess I'm asking when he came into that knowledge. What stops RZjr from getting in touch with GZ after he gets out of jail saying 'hey bro, remember that account we had on that website, guess how much is in there now'?

It sounds like some people believe the family members that none of them knew how much money was in the account. I don't, and the one who they said knew just happened not be present. It was all calculated and dishonest on purpose in my opinion. As to why, I suspect O'Mara and the family wanted to spend any money in the account on other things other than the bond, jmo.

Right, something like, he saw the gun, grabbed it and in the scuffle, the gun accidently fired, killing Trayvon. I am surprised he hasn't already claimed that.

Accidentally fired right into Trayvon's chest at very close range? Darn, what a coincidence.

I think it was mighty big of GZ to swallow his pride and give condolences to the parents.
JMO

I agree with you. Although we'll be attacked here for stating our opinion, I think it took a tremendous amount of courage to get up in front of the court, TMs Parents, the SA, and the entire world watching and say what he had to say.

Okay, give me a minute to get my flamesuit on before everyone tells me how awful it was for him to tell the family that he was sorry for their loss.

--do we really know WHEN he initially moved out?

--there are a number of articles (dated march17-march21) w/ the "moved out last week" line.

--that would suggest he took off around the time trayvon's parents attorney(s) got the media in motion.
--i can't seem to find the original "moved out" article on WFTV that is referenced.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/17/2700249_p3/trayvon-martin-shooter-a-habitual.html
--March 21/2012

Police Chief Bill Lee said that although police do not encourage watch program volunteers to carry weapons, he recognizes a citizen’s constitutional right to do so. No arrest was made, Lee said, because there was no evidence to disprove Zimmerman’s account.

He has cooperated with the investigation and never retained an attorney, Lee said. His phone numbers are disconnected and no one answered the door at his home or his parents’ home. His in-laws shooed a reporter away. After death threats and an avalanche of hate mail, Lee said Zimmerman went into hiding. Local station WFTV Channel 9 reported that he showed up with a truck last week and moved out.
Or when the Black Panthers put out the contract on him.

Everyone who cared to know already knew her name. All of her friends, neighbors, social media "friends", schoolmates of both her and Trayvon and all of THEIR social media "friends," as well as anyone who cared to know and could google. Another example of much ado about nothing, imo.
JMO/IMO
As a mother, I find sleuthing of minors unthinkable. Protecting children and teens is not "much ado about nothing" to me.

There are some things I wouldn't dream of googling, this is one.

I guess I'm asking when he came into that knowledge. What stops RZjr from getting in touch with GZ after he gets out of jail saying 'hey bro, remember that account we had on that website, guess how much is in there now'?

It sounds like some people believe the family members that none of them knew how much money was in the account. I don't, and the one who they said knew just happened not be present. It was all calculated and dishonest on purpose in my opinion. As to why, I suspect O'Mara and the family wanted to spend any money in the account on other things other than the bond, jmo.[/quote]

What makes you think he was not in touch with his family while in jail. He bought phone minutes while in jail. I doubt they were for MOM.

JMO/IMO
As a mother, I find sleuthing of minors unthinkable. Protecting children and teens is not "much ado about nothing" to me.

And you're entitled to follow your moral compass, certainly. Just sayin'. . . most people don't view it as "sleuthing" and aren't governed by a TOS. If they want to look, they look. Which is why I tell my minors not to put it out there if they don't want the whole world to know about it. In fact, I think that's something many have discussed here time and time again. If it's on the internet, it's there forever (in some form or another). My only point is that O'Mara saying her name in court is a red herring, imo, in terms of what information was already available to her "circle" and to the general public.

I think that name slipped out. He said he was sorry and the judge seemed to accept that.

I don't, for one second, think he said that name to place that witness in danger or to have the media camping at her doorstep.

Show me one person on this planet that has not let something slip before and been sorry after.

I don't think there are any.

JMO

Crump put her in the public's eye on March 20th. She has a ton of "friends" on her social media sites and it didn't take long for some of them to give out her information and copies of her tweets, her name, and pictures from the accounts. Crump put her out there, not O'Mara.

JMO

I agree with you. Although we'll be attacked here for stating our opinion, I think it took a tremendous amount of courage to get up in front of the court, TMs Parents, the SA, and the entire world watching and say what he had to say.

Okay, give me a minute to get my flamesuit on before everyone tells me how awful it was for him to tell the family that he was sorry for their loss

I better not see anyone personally attack another member for stating their opinion. I completely understand what you are saying but I am sitting right here on this thread. Please alert if that happens.

JMO/IMO

I think Karmandy was referring to MOM saying her name at the hearing was not a big deal, since it was already easily obtainable online had anyone wanted to know it.

Once again, I dont consider examing a timeline sleuthing. I certainly would not advocate looking into this person's personal life, but examining the statement that has been provided, and comparing that statement to what else was happening at the time should not be unreasonable.

By just examining the timeline of events of the call, and a couple of other events, I will venture to say she will never take the stand.

O'Mara requested the names be redacted, how long can that take?

Even on O'Mara's website he says it is up to him to file the proper motions for this and that he has not done so yet. So I guess you should take it up with O'Mara as to how long it takes him to file the proper motions.

What makes you think he was not in touch with his family while in jail. He bought phone minutes while in jail. I doubt they were for MOM.

I understand exactly what you are saying and I agree, I think all the family members were in touch, and that just makes the idea that NOBODY with the exception of possibly RZ knew anything at all about the money collected from that website quite simply highly unlikely, it just looks like a big scam to make sure that the bail was set lower than it would have been if the money had been discolosed since one of the requirements be that bail be set at an amount that is reasonable for the person to pay, if they are a millionaire and have the ability to pay a lot then it is set higher, the amount of bail should not be so high that the person has no ability to pay it.

I believe they gamed the system with MOM's help and assistance IMO JMHO and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiouscanadian