17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #35

Discussion in 'George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion' started by imamaze, Apr 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harmony 2

Harmony 2 Administrator

New day new thread... :seeya:

I will be closing this one in a few..

2. CathyinTexas

CathyinTexas Well-Known Member

I'm behind this thread but I want to say that I don't believe Trayvon walked toward GZ's car. I picture that GZ was slowly following Trayvon in his vehicle. TM probably turned and maybe leaned toward it to get a look at who was following him, maybe to see if he knew that person. I think Trayvon told his female friend at some point in the conversation that the guy looked like he was going to do something to him. Trayvon sensed danger in the beginning I think. He must have conveyed this very well to her because she told him to RUN! Maybe when Trayvon looked at GZ, he saw an angry, murderous look on his face. I thought GZ's facial expression looked menacing when he was on the stand during some of the testimony, but that anger was probably more pronounced when Trayvon saw him. jmo

3. cityslick

cityslick New Member

Well his father was a magistrate, perhaps he called him because he would be knowledgeable on how to handle the situation.

4. Donjeta

Donjeta Adji Desir, missing from Florida

While I understand the concern about the father's influence calling him does not signify that GZ is overly dependent on his parents imo. He may be but I wouldn't take a phone call as evidence of that.

When they get in legal trouble, any reasonable adult could imo think, "who do I know who can advise me about the law and my rights in this mess", and if their relative is a legal professional it would be the obvious person to call imo.

5. saguaro

saguaro New Member

I don't know of many people who have a lawyers phone number on their person.

I know I would call someone I was close to and ask them to call a lawyer.

6. Just K

Just K New Member

:) I'd still call a lawyer...especially if I had just killed someone.

7. LambChop

LambChop Former Member

BBM: While this is normally unusual it may not be that uncommon when you have a parent whose title included the word "judge". I think that would have been highly beneficial when you thought you were in trouble. jmo

8. saguaro

saguaro New Member

How would you get the phone number to a lawyer?

I don't know if I'd be wanting to sit there looking through the yellow pages if they even have those.

9. LambChop

LambChop Former Member

And with all the descriptions GZ gave to LE he had to have been staring at TM. I guess he did not think about that part. GZ is first at the clubhouse when he calls LE and then we find his car is parked by the cut through so he did follow TM in his car. jmo

10. suzihawk

suzihawk New Member

I'm sure the authorities would be happy to provide a phone book, if not the number itself.

IMO

11. Aedrys

Aedrys If justice doesn't get you, karma will.

I can see calling for legal advice, but unless that relative is an actual lawyer, I would not have them present during an interrogation. The only time a parent needs to be present during an interrogation is for minors, not grown men. Shoot, I would even be embarrassed to have my own dad present if I were interrogated and he is a lawyer! I think GZ tends to go directly to dad when anything happens and dad takes care of it for him, usually. But GZ took a life this time. Dad can't clean this one up for him.

12. Just K

Just K New Member

GZ probably had a lawyer for his other felony charges from 2005. A lot of people, at age 28, have had to hire a lawyer for one thing or another. And, I bet a lot of people have the lawyer's number in their phone. In today's environment, IMO, everyone should keep the name and number of a good lawyer in their cellphone.

13. LambChop

LambChop Former Member

Plus it was not an attorney that showed up with him the next day when GZ walked through the reenactment, it was his father. jmo

14. LambChop

LambChop Former Member

Kind of reflects on GZ's maturity level, wouldn't you think???

15. Aedrys

Aedrys If justice doesn't get you, karma will.

Yes. He and Casey Anthony have a lot in common including parents who cleaned up their messes their whole lives until they murdered someone. The lesson is here to let kids face consequences, not make them feel so special tha they can't do anything wrong and everyone else is at fault but them.

16. Elley Mae

Elley Mae Well-Known Member

17. cityslick

cityslick New Member

I just find this method of thinking hilarious. I can only imagine how the conversation would be (on here and elsewhere) if he had talked to and hired a lawyer on day one, when he got arrested. The same people saying he should of got a lawyer that night would be criticizing that decision if it actually happened, saying it makes him look guilty, what does he need a lawyer for, etc, etc, etc.

18. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Former Member

New thread is now open, please move over. This one closing in 3, 2, 1...

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170960"]Thread #36[/ame]

19. Just K

Just K New Member

A lawyer would probably have advised him not to say anything and most likely would not have wanted GZ to do the re-enactment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.