Trial Thread, May 1, 2012 Defense begins it case in chief

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have got to be kidding me! I find that hard to be believe, that the media would be exemplary in their reporting, and during the 1 day of defense, run after the jurors? Come on!

Is this what Derstine had to run by the Judge? Looking for a mistrial?

Thats what I am thinking..................... thats low, and I hope it didnt happen

Steven D'Souza ‏ @cbcsteve
Defence closing arguments go on Friday. Crown's closing goes on Monday, judge charges the jury on Tuesday #Rafferty #sl

RaffertyLFP: Jury dismissed until Friday 10 a.m. when they will hear closing from defence. Monday will be the Crown's turn.

Jurors will not be back until Friday at 10 am for Derstine's closing. The crown's closing is on Monday. The jury charge will be Tuesday.

You've got to be kidding me!!!

Do I sound like a broken record, or what?

Come on!

Avery Moore ‏ @AveryFreeFMNews
Jury back in court room. Derstine presents admission that says Apr. 8th there were 326 attending Tori's public school. #Rafferty

JMO I don't know if I can explain this simply but IMO so far..the questions that Dirk has thrown out there on cross and the info he has garnered by asking short simple questions and not going around and around leads me to believe that this Dirk is a smart cookie..those questions and responses cannot be ignored because it leaves some doubt in the crown's case IMO... I believe he knows exactly what he is doing..he must because he has people wondering and talking....JMO It will be interesting to hear his closing remarks...JMO

Avery Moore ‏ @AveryFreeFMNews
With that #Rafferty's lawyer Dirk Derstine rests his case. Jury excused until Friday morning when court will hear Derstine's closing remarks

Well I guess the jury would need time to digest the defense's case today :). It's just a waiting game from here on out.

Well im quite shocked they have nothing to bring to the table but then again Im very glad that they didnt try and twist anything and are allowing the evidence speak for itself which to me speaks volumes..

Tori Justice will be served and may you rest in peace and forever your smiling face will be etched into so many minds.

JMO I don't know if I can explain this simply but IMO so far..the questions that Dirk has thrown out there on cross and the info he has garnered by asking short simple questions and not going around and around leads me to believe that this Dirk is a smart cookie..those questions and responses cannot be ignored because it leaves some doubt in the crown's case IMO... I believe he knows exactly what he is doing..he must because he has people wondering and talking....JMO It will be interesting to hear his closing remarks...JMO

Agree. He got his points in during cross.

Well I guess the jury would need time to digest the defense's case today :). It's just a waiting game from here on out.

OK that made me laugh out loud. hahahaha!

I guess the Judge must need time to write his charge, because the Shafia charge to the jury was over 200 pages.

That is the only thing I can think of, why a 2 day break would be allowed, after what I can only surmise as a non-existant effort for defense.

You can see Justice for Victoria Stafford, just around the corner.

I only wish Justice could bring her back. :(

JMO

Let's hope by this time next week we have a verdict and Justice is served in it's entirety!!!!!

Thats what I think. His closing arguments have to do with all the weird questions he has asked witnesses and it will all come together. I dont think he is stupid at all just surprised really that there was one witness.

The defense, or crown for that matter, cannot reveal new info in their closing statements without facts? In other words, we shouldn't be anticipating a bombshell from either side during closing?

...all I have to say is ...Thank God the trial is official over...!:)....closing statements are due Friday at !0;00...I hope Tori is smiling fro above...RIP our little angel !...May Tori's family finally Not have to deal with MR and this whole horrendous MURDER!...My heart is broken...as IMO ...this NEVER should have occurred in Ontario..the end from me for now ...Robynhood ..exhausted is how I feel...The end ...may we all remeber Tori in our hearts and consider what Rodney said below....I pray another child never has to have this occur as I love children with all my heart...robynhood!<3

Wow, that really is it. All there is. He's toast. JMO

So Friday closing arguments and Monday the crown has closing arguments? So we should find out next week if the jury comes to a verdict or not?

Guess we'll be on verdict watch on Tuesday, IMO a guilty verdict the same day, don't think this will take long

I am quite confident that he will be found guilty on all charges. Where he is going he will not need POF to find partners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member