MA MA - Caleigh Harrison, 2, Rockport, 19 April 2012

Sorry to have to ask for more help with questions on water, tide movement etc but cannot seem to grasp an understanding unless the wording of explanation is pretty basic.

Am trying to understand the water flow of Saratoga Creek approx 1 hour after high tide. Does the water flow from the tidal basin consistently flow out towards sea? Or does it wax & wane? Also, would anyone know the depth of tidal basin?

Have searched for such information but what comes up is mostly charts/graphs....not much help when words alone draw a blank. TIA

I too have been looking for water movement. I did come by this description of an experience at Back Beach which is 4 miles to the north of Long Beach. Each beach may have it's own unique movements but this gives us a good description of being in the water. I also included the moon chart...it was almost new moon so the tides were stronger.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-382553.html
http://www.tutiempo.net/en/moon/phases.htm

I too have been looking for water movement. I did come by this description of an experience at Back Beach which is 4 miles to the north of Long Beach. Each beach may have it's own unique movements but this gives us a good description of being in the water. I also included the moon chart...it was almost new moon so the tides were stronger.

Thank you,terracotta. Am thinking of driving up that way again this weekend to pass out fliers. If so, hope to be able to get a view of the tidal basin first hand. I know the basin was checked out by LE. But the Chestnut Hill Reservoir was checked very thoroughly for days for Franco Garcia yet he was still recovered 7 weeks later in the Reservoir.

WOW, the Nancy Grace interview finally and formally said that YES, other people did see Caleigh on the beach that day. Thank goodness that has been confirmed. I feel so bad for the dad, the look on his face right after he said "tragic accident".... he misses his girl. I just wanted to hug him. :-(

According to the interview, the 4 year old mentioned that she saw a man on the beach that took her sister. It took her 3 or 4 days to tell them this. She was interviewed by a state psychologist right after the incident and the psychologist said that the 4 year old didn't know anything. I'm not sure what to make of this. Either the girl was terrified and scared to say anything, or she started saying what she thought the grown-ups wanted to hear.

That was scary to read. Couldn't get the video of the dive at Back Beach to run. When Caleigh went missing it was almost new moon time, was an hour outside of high tide, and winds were heading in towards land. Unfortunately, even within one location there seems to be many unique variables to ocean movement.

The child's delayed statement makes me wonder if someone had asked her, did you see a man on the beach? And so eventually she said she did...or that she heard her mom or someone talking about how a man on the beach could have taken her...something I do not see, personally, if Mom is being truthful about time-frame...JMO

Am VERY confused now. The arrows on the Nancy Grace photo make it look like Caleigh was to the side, towards back of the last house? Did it look that way to anyone else?

Seems like by 2 weeks....the media could present simple and accurate information.

Am VERY confused now. The arrows on the Nancy Grace photo make it look like Caleigh was to the side, towards back of the last house? Did it look that way to anyone else?

Seems like by 2 weeks....the media could present simple and accurate information.

Make it easy and quote myself...

Per family....the diagram Nancy Grace showed re location of children was wrong. Anthony and David could not see the diagram so did not know it presented the wrong information. The children were playing in the sand to front of houses, just feet from footbridge.

According to the interview, the 4 year old mentioned that she saw a man on the beach that took her sister. It took her 3 or 4 days to tell them this. She was interviewed by a state psychologist right after the incident and the psychologist said that the 4 year old didn't know anything. I'm not sure what to make of this. Either the girl was terrified and scared to say anything, or she started saying what she thought the grown-ups wanted to hear.

I'm with you on this, October.

I think the 4 year old has been hearing the grown-ups talk and has adopted this story.

I don't think that little girl saw what happened that fateful day.

I don't think the little girl saw a man take her either...I think the timing was not there, as well as why leave the older one as a witness? He would have no way of knowing how verbal/expressive she was...JMO

I could not believe it when I heard what the sister said! Because the police have been saying all along they have nothing to suggest an abduction occurred!
What is going on??
I can see the parents wanting to believe that-It gives them a little more hope I guess?
If she went in the water I think she would have been found by now.

I don't think the little girl saw a man take her either...I think the timing was not there, as well as why leave the older one as a witness? He would have no way of knowing how verbal/expressive she was...JMO

I agree. They said on NG that the mom yelled down to Elizabeth "where is Caleigh" and she had her arms open wide...like she didn't know. And that was right when it happened. If she saw a man she would have most likely pointed to the bridge or the parking lot area. I think her response right in that moment was the most valid.

Family members should be on Nancy Grace's program again tonight. Possibly mother? Not for sure.....

Have to admit though that were I in similar situation....not sure I'd want Nancy Grace to be the interviewer for my first public interview.

Family members should be on Nancy Grace's program again tonight. Possibly mother? Not for sure.....

Have to admit though that were I in similar situation....not sure I'd want Nancy Grace to be the interviewer for my first public interview.

Either would I!!

I think you only said what we are all feeling. Dont blame yourself, after all thats happened to caylee and sky plus all the other little ones that have been missing, its only human. :grouphug:

UKGirl
I just posted the same thing yesterday in the Isabelle Thread thanks to CA and Susan Smith etc. The first thing we do now is question the parents. It's a shame but it is what it is and we hear about the atrocities parents inflict on their own children almost daily. I hope that GOD forbid if this ever happened to me I would be like Marc Klauss qndnd say " go ahead check me out, hook me up, and then find my child "

This is a very sad story that I cant stop thinking about. I have been going to Long Beach for the last 25 years on vacation. I stay on the opposite side on the beach. I remember being about 6-7 years old playing in the water down that end near the rocks and the current being so strong that it instantly pulled me out and my brother had to swim out and get me. I remember how scared I was. Hoping for the best for Caleigh.

Re mother's behavior...
Have learned that sometimes going to the past can help to lend some understanding to the present. Going by an obituary of an older relative of Caleigh's mother....the Hammond family have experienced a number of family losses. If I am understanding correctly, Caleigh's maternal grandparents have endured the loss of a child, and now must accept the loss of a grandchild. The losses also include 2 cousins of Allison. There are families that just seem to bear more than should be their share of losses. Don't know the ins and outs of each death. Just enough to know that they are not connected so not relevant to Caleigh's disappearance. However, they could be relevant to Allison's reaction to Caleigh's disappearance.

Is my experience that the mind guards itself from traumatic pain. Each incident of pain quickens that mental guard reaction. Add to that pain the knowledge that your behavior puts a burden of pain on loved ones that is unthinkable (loss of child/grandchild)....well, I used to believe I was strong enough to speak out for my child no matter what. Now I know that past emotions affect the present and can evoke an emotional state that is so precarious ....uttering one word at the wrong time holds potential for a near catatonic reaction.

Obviously, I do not know if this is the case with Allison. But do feel it is an aspect that should be taken into consideration when evaluating her behavior.

I just found out about this case yesterday from a post by NG on FB. I've kind of been away from WS lately. Anywho - I have a 2 year old daughter and this is just breaking my heart. I can say that my daughter is very smart for her age and knows pretty well what to stay away from. We have been really good about teaching her these things from day 1. My daughter is very much a mama's girl and will never let me out of her sight, especially if she's in a place that she's unfamiliar with. She will literally follow me around holding on to my clothes or my hand. And she's very good about staying put when I tell her to "stay there". On the other hand, I know of other 2 year olds who are more "wild" and won't listen at all and are very much more curious than my daughter.

It's hard to say how little Caleigh is, but from what I've read, she seems a lot like my daughter.

I can't imagine how the mother must feel. I would never EVER let my daughter out of my site... especially at a beach, and even more so being so close to the water.

But this makes me wonder... did they frequent this beach often? Was it a place where they felt comfortable? I can see mom letting her guard down if they had been there many times before and haven't had any problems. I can only imagine the guilt and regret she's feeling. I sure hope she's not involved in the disappearance in anyway. Also, if they did go to the beach often, maybe little Caleigh wasn't afraid of the water like she might be if it was her first or maybe second time there.

Also - were dogs been brought in? Any word on where they followed her scent to?

I just found out about this case yesterday from a post by NG on FB. I've kind of been away from WS lately. Anywho - I have a 2 year old daughter and this is just breaking my heart. I can say that my daughter is very smart for her age and knows pretty well what to stay away from. We have been really good about teaching her these things from day 1. My daughter is very much a mama's girl and will never let me out of her sight, especially if she's in a place that she's unfamiliar with. She will literally follow me around holding on to my clothes or my hand. And she's very good about staying put when I tell her to "stay there". On the other hand, I know of other 2 year olds who are more "wild" and won't listen at all and are very much more curious than my daughter.

It's hard to say how little Caleigh is, but from what I've read, she seems a lot like my daughter.

I can't imagine how the mother must feel. I would never EVER let my daughter out of my site... especially at a beach, and even more so being so close to the water.

But this makes me wonder... did they frequent this beach often? Was it a place where they felt comfortable? I can see mom letting her guard down if they had been there many times before and haven't had any problems. I can only imagine the guilt and regret she's feeling. I sure hope she's not involved in the disappearance in anyway. Also, if they did go to the beach often, maybe little Caleigh wasn't afraid of the water like she might be if it was her first or maybe second time there.

Also - were dogs been brought in? Any word on where they followed her scent to?

Love your username, mamacita. :)

The mother was familiar with the beach. There were recent photos of Caleigh, with her maternal grandfather and sister, at that very area, posted to the mother's Facebook (am not sure if still posted or if viewable at present). They did go to the beach frequently.

Dogs were brought in....am not 100% certain here but think the dogs picked up her scent in the area of play (which was said to be within feet of bridge/water edge) but did not pick up a scent that led them in any particular direction after that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back