Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep..very telling...and i find my own upper lip curling just watching that pathetic man and his lies!!!! You can see how this 'upper lip' mannerism denotes disgust, and its hard to not feel it and hence express it just watching someone like that. I imagine if you did something horrendous, you simply couldn't make your face lie.......

sorry all... I am talking about john sharpe here not gerard bayden clay..........i didnt make that clear

Perhaps alicat could call CrimeStoppers and advise that her friend had mentioned being in the area but doesn't want to get involved, etc... Then perhaps they will contact him to talk about it.

She posted some time ago that she reported his place of work.

Originally Posted by AllyG....
Can I ask what it was that piqued the interest of some of you to this story? I've never really been one to do this kind of thing before when something has happened in my local area. I've never signed up to forums just to get involved in talking about it. Something about ABC going missing grabbed my attention from the moment I heard about it. I don't know if it's that I have that connection with her first name (especially the two L's), or if it was something else...

ditto too. I think the whole way this has gone from the beginning as intrigued all of us. I have never signed up to something such as this before either and I would never have thought I would. In fact I nearly did not. While I had been reading the forum after finding it when looking for updates on the case, I had stopped short of signing up at least for awhile.

Thank you guys who have commented on the reactions of GBC to the questions he asked by the press. Yes the shaking the head is a HUGE marker of deceit and lying. The body's way of coping with a lying mechanism. When there is a disjoint between what we say and know to be the truth -the body gestures we make subconsciously give us away!

Perhaps alicat could call CrimeStoppers and advise that her friend had mentioned being in the area but doesn't want to get involved, etc... Then perhaps they will contact him to talk about it.
Maybe, they would be able to allay any fears or concerns he has with doing so and encourage him just to speak to them to confim he saw nothing at a particular time(?)

I feel quite sad about how upset GBCs sister was on the footage where they spoke to the media. She looked genuinely upset at her disappearance, and I got the feeling that she and ABC must have had a nice relationship as sister-in-laws. I guess it's easy to forget that her in-laws (like GBC siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins) would all be struggling to understand what has happened to. And considering that Gerard and Allison had been together for a considerable amount of time I am sure that many of them were as fond of her as any others we have heard from. It's just all so so sad.

I agree. When i saw her I thought the same thing in relation to the feelings about Allison. I even think she said something like "we just want so see our beautiful Allison found". I commented at the time I also wondered if the sister-in-law was a bit scared it could be her brother. She looked horrifed and was being a supportive sister, but who knows, not everyone in a family is on the same page are they? Sometimes there are members who are much more aware of the shortcomings or even serious flaws in their family members, and have underlying concerns about certain things.

I'm sure there are many of us who understand that from our own families, maybe having a sibling or other family member who is either a 'black sheep' or who has other, deeper, less obvious issues which worry you but which you can do nothing about. Some people even feel quite at odds with their family and forge a different path. Just thoughts, but if GBC has scratches, and is known to have had an affair and an anger problem for example, the sister could be wondering if he really did have something to do with it. And her observations of his reactions might not help either. God knows what it's like inside that family as a group all staying in the same house, as events have unfolded.

Can I ask what it was that piqued the interest of some of you to this story? I've never really been one to do this kind of thing before when something has happened in my local area. I've never signed up to forums just to get involved in talking about it. Something about ABC going missing grabbed my attention from the moment I heard about it. I don't know if it's that I have that connection with her first name (especially the two L's), or if it was something else...

ditto too. I think the whole was this has gone from the beginning as intrigued all of us. I have never signed up to something such as this before either and I would never have though I would. In fact I nearly did not. While I had been reading the forum after finding it when looking for updates on the case, I had stopped short of signing up at least at first.

I also agree that this case intrigued me from the start, I wanted justice for Allison. Then I found this thread, and I like the way you all nutted out the issues together and worked as a team.

Definitely agree. alicat, YOU now have information related to the case. Therefore, YOU should call crimestoppers to report what you were told. I think you need to tell them his number plate, name, etc. I know he doesn't want to be involved, but he has now involved you. For you to not report what you know is as bad as him not telling the police. Don't mean to be harsh, but this is a major case. The police need to know everything.

ditto too. I think the whole was this has gone from the beginning as intrigued all of us. I have never signed up to something such as this before either and I would never have though I would. In fact I nearly did not. While I had been reading the forum after finding it when looking for updates on the case, I had stopped short of signing up at least at first.

For me, it was because I grew up in Kenmore.....went to parties in Brookfield, Moggill, Pullenvale as a teenager, and I remember leaving those parties drunk, FREEZING and walking home for HOURS through Brookfield, either alone or with my girlfriends, and I dont know about now, but Brookfield NEVER had any street lights.. I remember going to the Brooky Show EVERY YEAR. I am 41, married with children. It really struck home for me, and all I could think about was how cold it used to get out there, and when there was still hope that she was alive, I kept hoping she wasn't cold....stupid I know, but thats what did it for me

Can I ask what it was that piqued the interest of some of you to this story? I've never really been one to do this kind of thing before when something has happened in my local area. I've never signed up to forums just to get involved in talking about it. Something about ABC going missing grabbed my attention from the moment I heard about it. I don't know if it's that I have that connection with her first name (especially the two L's), or if it was something else.

If we are able to assist the Police in any way to solve this terribly sad crime (I don't mean by a theory), this forum is wonderful ....... to keep up with the events surrounding the initial reporting of Allison's disappearance by GBC. BUT even though the Police are still appealing for anyone who was in the vicinity of the said roundabout on Thurs 19 Apr between the hours of 11.30pm and 4am, it seems that the evidence that they are trying to verify is not forthcoming. Even though they have heard from some, they are still appealing to more to contact them!!

From memory I watched a news telecast where Superintendent Ainsworth was asked the question about whether or not GBC had been advised not to go to the command post and Ainsworth responded "news to me". I believe GBC's sister was the one who made the statement to the media early on that GBC had been advised not to go to the command post. Perhaps this was his lawyer's instructions? I agree that they would not allow a "person of interest" to participate in the search.

That is what I recall too - and i thought it was very telling the way Ainsworth said that, in quite a strong sort of way, almost as if he was highlighting it.

My feelings on this are - if you loved your wife, didnt kill her, and really were devastated about what happened, you would have done something. If you could search, you would search until you dropped. if your lawyers advised you not to, Ok, but you would have probably searched at the start before they advised you, then after that you could have been at the command post waiting for news. Even if you needed to be at home with the kids some of the time, you could have established a routine of visiting the command post twice a day, maybe at the start and finish of the day, for maybe an hour, checking on progress, talking to people, thanking them etc.

To me not being there indicates he was avoiding scrutiny, probably due to the scratches, and the guilt and concern something would be picked up on by someone, the difficulty of maintaining a fake persona in front of so many people for so long, and the fact that he already knew where she was the whole time!

I agree. When i saw her I thought the same thing in relation to the feelings about Allison. I even think she said something like "we just want so see our beautiful Allison found". I commented at the time I also wondered if the sister-in-law was a bit scared it could be her brother. She looked horrifed and was being a supportive sister, but who knows, not everyone in a family is on the same page are they? Sometimes there are members who are much more aware of the shortcomings or even serious flaws in their family members, and have underlying concerns about certain things.

I'm sure there are many of us who understand that from our own families, maybe having a sibling or other family member who is either a 'black sheep' or who has other, deeper, less obvious issues which worry you but which you can do nothing about. Some people even feel quite at odds with their family and forge a different path. Just thoughts, but if GBC has scratches, and is known to have had an affair and an anger problem for example, the sister could be wondering if he really did have something to do with it. And her observations of his reactions might not help either. God knows what it's like inside that family as a group all staying in the same house, as events have unfolded.
Her sideways glances got to me also. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but they weren't glances of concern. They looked like she was checking his face to see how he was responding.

For me, it was because I grew up in Kenmore.....went to parties in Brookfield, Moggill, Pullenvale as a teenager, and I remember leaving those parties drunk, FREEZING and walking home for HOURS through Brookfield, either alone or with my girlfriends, and I dont know about now, but Brookfield NEVER had any street lights.. I remember going to the Brooky Show EVERY YEAR. I am 41, married with children. It really struck home for me, and all I could think about was how cold it used to get out there, and when there was still hope that she was alive, I kept hoping she wasn't cold....stupid I know, but thats what did it for me

Maybe many of us felt a connection in some way, be it the location, age,situation ets. ANd maybe an Overwhelming desire to help, to figure it out, to have it solved and those responsible brought to justice.

caseclosed

I think the idea behind mentioning the trust fund is not because of donations, but because it implies that her parents might be thinking that the husband won't be around (guilty??) to look after the children financially?? Just speculating.

That's exactly what I was talking about nothing else, nothing to do with NOT wanting to give money.

That is what I recall too - and i thought it was very telling the way Ainsworth said that, in quite a strong sort of way, almost as if he was highlighting it.

The time I recall the Superintendent using 'news to me' was when the reported asked if the "Pajero" (meaning Prado) was returned at 11pm. Was there another interview where they asked about GBC also, when he used the 'news to me' statement too? (I haven't seen it)

Her sideways glances got to me also. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but they weren't glances of concern. They looked like she was checking his face to see how he was responding.
I did note a sideways glance too and made me wonder what that meant.

The time I recall the Superintendent using 'news to me' was when the reported asked if the "Pajero" (meaning Prado) was returned at 11pm. Was there another interview where they asked about GBC also, when he used the 'news to me' statement too? (I haven't seen it)
I am not sure of the exact words, but he did say something along those lines about GBC being told to stay away from the showgrounds.

I was just researching footage on John Sharpe's appeal video as suggested and found this article http://sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/stories/847286/unmasking-the-truth

It is an interview with a "human lie detector", a psychologist who is a master of the art of reading body language. Take a look at what he has to say and maybe then rewatch GBC's interview and see what you think?

Thanks for that link. I am now convinced about what happened. Tossed a few ideas up earlier and now absolutely think that someone is going to have a long paid holiday where the Sun don't Shine!!

ditto too. I think the whole way this has gone from the beginning as intrigued all of us. I have never signed up to something such as this before either and I would never have thought I would. In fact I nearly did not. While I had been reading the forum after finding it when looking for updates on the case, I had stopped short of signing up at least for awhile.

This is my first time too - I live in the local area. I am a 43 year old mother of three so I can relate personally. The way the story has unfolded has been so intriguing. The missing 'walker' (whose physical description almost matches mine), the reported screams, the way police acting so quickly... and all the suspicion and speculation. And on the other side of that is her parents complete devotion to her. I have one daughter who is a young adult and I so completely understand where they are coming from. I'm watching with interest because I want to know who did this and I sincerely want to seem them brought to justice.

His sister looked genuinely distressed and did keep looking at her brother ,
he looked uncomfortable ..
Nots ure we can read anything in to it .. although the growing of beard is odd .. i can understand a few days gowth when your are higlyy stressed ,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member