Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing is that article doesn't go into much detail of why the jury agreed it was self-defence (which on the surface seems really strange) - and it's a bit telling how much evidence of her abuse there must have been, to take all of 2 days to reach a verdict ! If her full story was factual, he subjected her to 18 years of abuse including bashings and rape. The killing allegedly happened after he locked her in the house for 4 days. If all that was true, I think that's the least he deserved, personally. JMO.

I remember reading about it when it was in the news...it was just horrific the abuse he put her through. I think she just got to a point where she decided enough was enough.

I detailed an incident where exactly the same thing happened to me. Someone posted a reply but it didn't make much sense to me.
Not sure how to get back to my previous post so you can read how there is an explanation although I doubt it's the same one for this scenario. JMO

KatiKutloose, to retrieve your previous posts, click on your forum name to the left of the main message box that you're looking at now. From the drop-down menu click on Find All Posts by KatiKutloose.

At the risk of stirring up a hornet's nest again on the mobile phone...I think the information is very much wanted by QPS. I do wonder why the phone was still pinging after the event. It tells me that it was thrown away, or dropped, or PLACED somewhere to set up a scene....because if you didn't want anyone to find it, wouldn't you drown it in the river!
Anyway, these days, iphones or smart phones in particular carry FAR more information than regular phones. I was astounded when i looked into it (scary)
interesting reading from the 9th Australian Digital Forensics Conference last year:
http://igneous.scis.ecu.edu.au/proceedings/2011/adf/9thADFProceedings.pdf
and more here: http://www.textually.org/textblog/mt_search.php?IncludeBlogs=1&search=forensics
Mobile forensics turns up heat on suspects Textually has picked up on these kind of stories before, I find them so interesting, how forensic science is developping new tools to investigate cell phone data - even when deleted - and solve crimes. There's an interesting piece in The Register today. "The latest version of the top computer forensics package will be the first to include a mobile phone component. The move signals how vital mobile data has become to many prosecutions. ... A police source told us: "It's [a suspect's mobile phone] one of the first things we look for in serious crimes these days."
I must admit that the idea of digital forensics really has me excited (in the pants)

I think I have a new career goal

What worse than your comment about Nigelaine starring in a *advertiser censored* movie???
Don't think so

No that was in very poor taste. I must have been very very tired. I promise to never be gross again.

By the way, I did a little test this morning to see if that car that GBD crashed would look blue or black at night. I drove to work in the dark (and the rain) and looked for a dark blue car, then drove behind it at a distance to see if it looked black or blue. 20 feet behind, with my headlights on, it certainly looked BLUE. However, I have to concede that if I was travelling in the other direction, approaching the car with his/her headlights on, I would think it was BLACK.

I must admit that the idea of digital forensics really has me excited (in the pants)

I think I have a new career goal

AllyG are you talking sexy talk again? :what::floorlaugh:

It does if the mistress has an interest in the business (works there) A divorce would most probably mean that the business would be sold ?? That's IMO.

respectfully, there was/is nothing to selll apart from debt..

Just on the mobile phone on or off theory. Does it matter if it was turned off?

According to :
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_phone_tracking"]Mobile phone tracking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

"Officially, the authorities (like the police) can obtain permission to position phones in emergency cases where people (including criminals) are missing. The U.S. Justice Department has argued that current laws allow them to track suspects without having probable cause to suspect a law is being violated.[13] In some instances law enforcement may even access a mobile phone's internal microphone to eavesdrop on local conversations while the phone is switched off.[14]"

So law enforcement can even bug a phone via it's microphone and listen to conversations, while it is *off*.

Googling for 'consumer' answers, most people seem to think your iPhone can't be found if switched off. But judging by above, surely there are a lot of iPhones in the USA and if the above tech exists it would be used by Aus if it could. Surely if someone can eavesdrop via a phone that is not turned on, they can also work out where it is? Maybe they need physical access to it first to do something clever?

curious...
is there a '543' Brookfield Road?

wild theory....

I wonder if the iphone is planted in that vicinity to make it 'appear' as though it was a hit & run.

well within the 150m triangulation?

Just google mapped that address and its nearly right outside ABC's house????

Hey 543, :seeya:

I'm a bit confused here. Why would Gerard turn off the phone? Do you mean if he was really guilty? So my understanding is that he's innocent and that's why he didn't turn off the phone. Is that right?

Firstly you say;

And then you say;

Urrgghh 543, you are really confusing me. :floorlaugh:[/QUOTE

:banghead:Ok.....I realize that it's a hard thing to explain to some people. The phone probably has nothing on it!!! It's where it is that is important and why it was left on!!!!!! It's not my fault if you do not understand what I'm saying....I could be nearly as rude as you are....but hey bud....there are rules!!

so, are you implying the phone was left on, on purpose so whoever finds it can see who allison last called and didnt hang up, did she call an answer machine and leave a message? does this person have the phone at their place? i dont understand?

543.... excuse me?? Seriously?? Why do you believe that these police are not doing their job? They are working long hours and it's taking it's toll on them. I just can't understand why you would suggest otherwise?? Is it because they haven't found a phone?

I agree. To understand the long hours and investigative nouse that is being deployed by the QPS, you would have to work with them and see it for yourself. Remember, these are the men and women who never slept on the Daniel Morcombe case and have apprehended a suspect because of their commitment and dedication to duty.

These men and women go home from a day's work and pat their dog, kiss their kids and their spouses and then get up and do it all over again the next day. They are the people who have to see things that we would never like to witness.

So I am full of respect for our police service and IMO it is unfair to suggest that they are not doing the best job that they can.

On a tangent, is there a photographic studio near the roundabout?

By the way, I did a little test this morning to see if that car that GBD crashed would look blue or black at night. I drove to work in the dark (and the rain) and looked for a dark blue car, then drove behind it at a distance to see if it looked black or blue. 20 feet behind, with my headlights on, it certainly looked BLUE. However, I have to concede that if I was travelling in the other direction, approaching the car with his/her headlights on, I would think it was BLACK.

Just watch out for those Singaporean drivers lah, full concentration needed on those roads!

Just google mapped that address and its nearly right outside ABC's house????

The numbers on Brookfield Road aren't sequential - well sorry, they are sequential, but they often vary by 10 or so - eg. 584 might be next door to 572 (numbers fabricated) etc. There is no 543 afaik - google maps has taken a guess at where it should be based on the numbers it has listed (right outside #512 on the version I look at).

On top of that, 543 has confirmed they're not from here :)

We're on a wild goose chase again people ... :twocents:

OMG....Lol....543 is just my name on here. Lol...I live thousands of kilometers away.....nice try...OMG....this site can be very funny sometimes!:floorlaugh:

It is my opinion that Gerard Bayden-Clay killed his wife, can you help me change my opinion?

The numbers on Brookfield Road aren't sequential - well sorry, they are sequential, but they often vary by 10 or so - eg. 584 might be next door to 572 (numbers fabricated) etc. There is no 543 afaik - google maps has taken a guess at where it should be based on the numbers it has listed (right outside #512 on the version I look at).

On top of that, 543 has confirmed they're not from here :)

We're on a wild goose chase again people ... :twocents:

If you read 543's first post I think he/she must have very good knowledge of the local area actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliverfreckles