Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
And how can we, as a society, stop this? Is it a product of their environment or is it inherited? Can we, as parents to our children, raise them in a different manner to avoid creating these destructive personalities? Can we, as parents, give lesser importance to the role of boys (men) in society by instilling in them that women and men are equal, that men do not have to be the breadwinners and heads of the household, etc.? I am so sick of seeing so many cases of domestic violence where it appears that nothing is being done by us, as a society, to put a stop to these abusive people!

I love that quote {can't remember it all} ... but it says about 10 things to teach your daughter about the difference between a man who USES her and one who LOVES her... and at the very end it says "and we need to raise our sons to be this type of man." {the good one} Ahh, it would make so much more sense if I knew it off by heart. Sorry. But I always instill in my sons that they must respect women, and I can say that my 26 yr old is a very decent man. My other son is only 12 but he's getting the drift. I wouldn't stand for anything less.

Keeping up with the Jones - there is a saying in Spanish, which would fittingly apply to the protagonists of this saga: "Aunque la mona se vista de seda, mona queda!" (Even if the monkey wears silk, it is still a monkey!)

I love that quote {can't remember it all} ... but it says about 10 things to teach your daughter about the difference between a man who USES her and one who LOVES her... and at the very end it says "and we need to raise our sons to be this type of man." {the good one} Ahh, it would make so much more sense if I knew it off by heart. Sorry. But I always instill in my sons that they must respect women, and I can say that my 26 yr old is a very decent man. My other son is only 12 but he's getting the drift. I wouldn't stand for anything less.

That's great! I only have a daughter, but my brother and father are great guys!

Aha...exactly! And that was my original point, wasn't it! If he acted like a 'Mr Big', he no doubt was perceived as being 'big' by a lot of people. After all, how much does one really know about a neighbour's 'finances' unless they are privy to the bank statements and bills, etc. No doubt GBC was perceived by many as 'having it all'. And he is still relatively young, so would any reasonable person really expect him to have the same financial resources as someone who is a 60-odd retiree? There is probably quite a lot of 'hidden' debt behind the walls of those multi-million estates out Brookfield way, I should think. And heaps of envy of 'The Joneses'.

No your original point was the local men would be jealous of him because he seemed to 'have it all'..
And you still have not addressed this incorrect point that you raised. Yes some women may have thought that he was going places and was easy on the eye and thought 'what if' - God Help them!

But local men envious of him? not a chance H
And that was your initial point, whether you accept it or not is a different story.

And yes I agree, there are always hidden debts behind some of the big end of town. But that wasn't your point was it.
Not sure where the 60 y.o retiree comments come in to it? Are you saying he was chatting up retirees?? LOL

Be that as it may, but your point in the initial post was that the 'lads' in the local area would have plenty to be jealous of him because he was enjoying the 'good life' and drove a lexus.

so what is it now?

They are now jealous of him because he is a charmer AND NOT the tall poppy syndrome as you earlier indicated because he drives a lexus and rents an average home and has a failing business, whereas they drive BMW's, own mulit million dollar homes and have success in their business and careers..

you have changed your argument by the looks of things. Perhaps address your initial argument??
I have already done so, in my reply to linette.

Aha...exactly! And that was my original point, wasn't it! If he acted like a 'Mr Big', he no doubt was perceived as being 'big' by a lot of people. After all, how much does one really know about a neighbour's 'finances' unless they are privy to the bank statements and bills, etc. No doubt GBC was perceived by many as 'having it all'. And he is still relatively young, so would any reasonable person really expect him to have the same financial resources as someone who is a 60-odd retiree? There is probably quite a lot of 'hidden' debt behind the walls of those multi-million estates out Brookfield way, I should think. And heaps of envy of 'The Joneses'.

I don't doubt for one minute that there's alot of debt around that area.

But people who lived there would have known he lived in a rented house. We all know there's alot of 'talk'... and there were probably a few who did know his financial situation.

Anyway, alot of affairs have nothing to do with what the person has, because it isn't a life long relationship, it just a bit of a ... well, affair. Also alot of the time it's nothing more than a bonk!! Plus, if he came across like he loved himself, well it usually makes them a laughing stock anyway.

I'm so glad that you came back and continued to explain your thoughts! There are many very average socio-economic working and earning families within the Brookfield/Kenmore/Indro/Pinjarra/Bellbowrie/Moggill areas. They're not all filthy rich in the West.
Precisely!

So, is there a difference in what the suspect could be charged with? I mean in terms of type of murder? Or do you just get charged with the murder of someone and then later the legal people work out what you go on trial for? Eg manslaughter, murder one (or is that just in American TV shows?).

I'm just thinking perhaps that's why the toxicology report is so important ie showing premeditation. So the police know what to charge him with?

Excuse my ignorance.

Aha...exactly! And that was my original point, wasn't it! If he acted like a 'Mr Big', he no doubt was perceived as being 'big' by a lot of people.

It depends on who you ask Heyerdahl. I never perceived him as a 'Mr Big', I think a lot of people saw through the facade.

But I guess there may be some out here who were impressed, I don't know any who were though.

Thanks! My own husband said something that made me a little paranoid.

sorry, had to come out of retirement for this one...lol
the above might be true if it weren't for the fact that most of the guys that crossed his path i.e community and school fathers etc could 'buy and sell' GBC in a heartbeat!
There would be no tall poppy syndrome here I am afriad given a large majority of the guys in his community that he would cross paths with are lawyers, doctors, accountants, business owners, captains of industry etc and not only drive cars twice the value of a lexus (which incidently is half the price of BMW & Mercedez) but also OWN (not rent) homes worth $1-2million dollars.
sorry to bring you down on this point... :)
MOUNTAINHIGH:

:floorlaugh: Really enjoyed how you had to come our of retirement for that one. Great post. This is a very witty thread at times.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...iness-has-closed/story-e6freoof-1226370411425

Gerard Baden-Clay breaks silence for second time since wife Allison's murder to quash rumours his business has closed

"It's very much business as usual and that's what we'd like to get out there," he told The Courier-Mail in the shopping centre's underground carpark.

It's only the second time Mr Baden-Clay has broken his silence since he reported his wife missing to police after she failed to return from an early morning walk at 7.30am on April 20.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...iness-has-closed/story-e6freoof-1226370411425

GERARD HAS MOVED OFFICES - BREAKS HIS SILENCE (GOOD ON YOU GERARD)

wow I am lost for words, how can he break his silence and talk to the media about his business, oviously he cares more about his business than his wife.
IMO

I don't get this. How can you run a R/E office from a 5th floor? What about shop window, passing traffic, etc.??? Hmmm ... is there something fishy here?

Interesting. Here is the final statement in PTully's article:
...It is to be hoped the person responsible will have the decency to admit to the murder and not try to lay any of the blame on Allison or to weasel out of their criminal responsibility with clever lawyers and technical legal arguments and excuses...

Fuskier would you like me to find previous quotes by Paul Tully? On my bike looking, looking.:bicycle:

GERARD HAS MOVED OFFICES - BREAKS HIS SILENCE (GOOD ON YOU GERARD)

wow I am lost for words, how can he break his silence and talk to the media about his business, oviously he cares more about his business than his wife.
IMO

Yes, he'll only break his silence to save his business... not to find his wife or her killer. At least he has his priorities right. Good on ya Gerry!! ;)

"It's very much business as usual and that's what we'd like to get out there," he told The Courier-Mail in the shopping centre's underground carpark.

It's sad that he didn't take the opportunity 'to get out there' something like ... we need to find who murdered my wife, it's never going to be business as usual until we do.

Shouldn't put words in his mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member