Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #18 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad he left the money in her bag. He can't claim robbery as an excuse for getting his DNA on the contents.

:waitasec: Reading this made me think of something ... so just jumping off the post here :

JMO and MOO ... but I find it very ODD that he did NOT take the money ... that makes absolutely NO sense to me ...

Again, JMO and MOO ... but someone who committed "kidnapping" and "murder" would not even think twice about taking money -- they would take the cash !

JMO and MOO ...

:waitasec: Reading this made me think of something ... so just jumping off the post here :

JMO and MOO ... but I find it very ODD that he did NOT take the money ... that makes absolutely NO sense to me ...

Again, JMO and MOO ... but someone who committed "kidnapping" and "murder" would not even think twice about taking money -- they would take the cash !

JMO and MOO ...

Very odd, I agree.... has me thinking he may never have looked in the bag... has me thinking he had SL take off her clothing and she placed them herself inside the bag, neatly folding them to buy more time....
Before anyone says, what about his DNA being on her things -
We don't know (do we?) what kind of DNA was on her clothing, and DNA does not mean he packed her bag...

Just wondering, can/are they gonna charge him with the attack they have "100%" match for him today?

ETA: Anyone hear AGT's family "explaination" (read as "excuse") for THIS one???

To be fair, so far it seems to me that AGT's mother has been saying (heavily paraphrasing) that in her personal experience, he's a good son but acknowledging that she has no way to know what he's doing out of her sight.

I don't think it takes anything away from Sierra's family to acknowledge that AGT's mother is going through a tragedy of her own.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/garcia-torres-set-enter-plea-sierra-lamar-case/nPH2D/

District Attorney Jeff Rosen said after the hearing that Garcia-Torres is eligible for the death penalty, but that his office hasn't yet decided whether to pursue capital punishment.
"My office and law enforcement, aided by many volunteers in this county, continue to devote all available resources to finding her body," Rosen said of 15-year-old Sierra.
BBM so this tells me that the DA wants to offer no DP in exchange to telling where Sierra is. AGT will not do that until he is convienced that the DA has enough to convict.

JMO and MOO ...

If my guess about AGT being a power assertive rapist is correct, then it makes perfect sense that he didn't take her money.

For a power assertive rapist, the big fantasy is that he is so wonderful that his victim is overcome with lust at the very sight of him and that she enjoys the encounter. In his fantasy, it's almost like a date.

The high danger point for the victim happens when the power assertive rapist starts to think his victim is not falling for him. That's the point at which he is likely to become enraged and strike out at the victim.

Most guys don't rob their dates. Not only is it not couth, it doesn't even cross their minds. Normal men don't date women hoping to get a grab at her cash, they want her attention, companionship, etc.

Very odd, I agree.... has me thinking he may never have looked in the bag... has me thinking he had SL take off her clothing and she placed them herself inside the bag, neatly folding them to buy more time....
We don't know (do we?) what kind of DNA was on her clothing, and DNA does not mean he packed her bag...

I agree!

I find it difficult to believe that he just pulled up beside Sierra and she hopped into his car. I think he stopped and grabbed her, which would leave his DNA on the parts of her clothes he touched.

There may even be skin fragments, if she grabbed the skin on his arms or hands and raked off some under her own fingernails, then transferred it into her own clothing by hugging herself (self reassurance).

Too bad AGT had a job described as either tree trimming or collecting scrap metal; either of those occupations would lead to lots of scratches which wouldn't stand out to his family or friends.

Yes, there are accused's skin fragments on Sierra's clothing, according to CBS reporter Len Ramirez who was with Sheriff Laurie Smith at her last presser.

A.G.-T. knew enough, just from his fishing, to seal off a victim's body. If he did not deposit Sierra in water, he may have used a pressure sealed container or drum to conceal her.

There is a lot of ranch land in California that is unguarded. Even though A.G.-T. had no legitimate access, he would have an easy time stealing onto such property. Eventually, whatever he had done would come to light but it could be months. The only reason to choose private property like this would be if it afforded drums and containers. Since A.G.-T. used to live on farm land, he would know what might be available.

because of the surrounding farm land (and a Criminal Minds episode), i keep wondering if he may have had access to Pigs/Hogs and got rid of her remains that way. :(

Thinking about the money still being in the bag, I was wondering if it says anything about who placed her clothing in there and under what circumstance.

If he did it, I'd think it would have been done by him it would have been done after the crime, and I think he would be in a hurry to collect the evidence and get rid of it ASAP. I that is how it happened I wouldn't think he was to methodical about it, just shoving the clothes into the bag without paying attention to what might have been in her pockets or what else was in the purse.YKWIM?

If it was done by Sierra during a Power Rapist scenario I can see Sierra taking off her clothing methodically to buy time, in which case he might not have looked through the purse, just grabbing it and disposing it.

Yeah just because he didn't take money doesn't mean anything.

1. May not even have occurred to him
2. May have only been a couple dollars or something

And more than all of that, you have to understand how people's minds work.
Even sickos ...

To him it was his right to do whatever he did to her, she deserved it,
he wouldn't have acted unless he justified his decision in his mind.

So he might think it was ok for him to assault and murder a girl,
but never would he stoop so low as to rob someone.

See how the morality gets all twisted?

Rapists don't rob their victims . I doubt he ever even looked in her purse. JMO

Argh! So when is this court appearance happening? Everywhere says "Thursday afternoon". I'm hoping for more information than "how do you plea?" "Not guilty" and done!

To be fair, so far it seems to me that AGT's mother has been saying (heavily paraphrasing) that in her personal experience, he's a good son but acknowledging that she has no way to know what he's doing out of her sight.

I don't think it takes anything away from Sierra's family to acknowledge that AGT's mother is going through a tragedy of her own.

No offense meant, GD...wasn't necessarily talking about his mom, actually not her at all.....my heart breaks for his poor mother.....more about the sister/wife/relatives making up excuses for AGT and their nasty comments on social sites about Sierra when AGT just got arrested....basically blaming the victim.

As always, just IMO.

ETA: Was more concerned if LE would charge him today for the other attack where they have definite proof it was he who committed it....or IF they were going to do so anytime soon.

Argh! So when is this court appearance happening? Everywhere says "Thursday afternoon". I'm hoping for more information than "how do you plea?" "Not guilty" and done!

In 1 hour...yep, I waited all day to see if maybe we'll get some other news, it's gonna be like 30 seconds in court, and done!

Kind of OT, but since there was speculation of it being Sierra at one point:

The lieutenant said police hope to create a sketch of the woman in the next few days to distribute to the public to help identify the woman.

http://dublin.patch.com/articles/pleasanton-police-to-release-sketch-of-slain-woman
Thank-you for posting this update.I'm following this story very closely, since I'm local to this one. I'm thinking this victim is going to need her own thread very soon. When I get an account to host my photos online, I will post pictures I took of the area.

Patience Grasshopper... It's only 12:40p.m. PST. The courts are probably closed right now on their lunch hour. It will be this afternoon.

I think it is happening at like 1:30PM PST...which is still an hour from now...at least that is what I thought I read.

Is there a live link for the hearing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member