CANADA: Luka Rocco Magnotta, wanted for murder and dismemberment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guests! Please join us!! We need to find this freak before he strikes again!!

I read this whole thread at lunch and then signed off. I had to come back. I'm in Florida. Do we know why the gentleman who reported the video to the Police mentions the Miami PD also? Does he have a connection there that I missed? TIA!

They could have investigated the kitten killing videos. That was a red flag he was dangling/taunting them with. They didn't bite so, he went further.
Must start taking animal abuse/murder more seriously as a society especially law enforcement not jay-walking or smoking a joint.

Where was the report about the kittens filed? It seems that no one really knew who this Luka person was and no one knew where he was ... so I'm wondering who received a report/complaint about kitten killing?

I read this whole thread at lunch and then signed off. I had to come back. I'm in Florida. Do we know why the gentleman who reported the video to the Police mentions the Miami PD also? Does he have a connection there that I missed? TIA!

Sorry, where did you read that? I may have missed it. I know he lived in California and possible connection to Arizona and it appears he's traveled worldwide.

All I've read about the videos is that they were posted on a site that is hosted by someone that lives in Edmonton. Neither the website owner, nor any of the 20,000 viewers of the snuff film, were able to determine if the videos were real or fake. Without knowing that a snuff film was authentic, I would expect that police would not make it a priority. Realistically, police cannot spend time examining youtube files for authenticity ... especially when they can't determine in advance where (country) the file was uploaded.

Regarding Miami PD, it's quite possible that someone in Miami viewed the content and thought that police should be informed ... but still ... without knowing the jurisdiction where the file was uploaded, they could easily dismiss it as "not in the job description".

saw a fellow on the hwy in NB yesterday before I heard about this story. He was carrying a sign that asked for money on one side; got any smokes on the other. So we quickly got some change/smokes and passed it out the window to him. He had what looked like dirt but I had thought more like black cam paint all over his face and really short dark hair which I had thought odd because usually the homeless here don't have their hair cut short and trim and shaved face but something dark smeared on his face. Then later saw him again and he was buying a can of carrots and using the washroom at the gas station. When I got home I saw this story and the pictures and I thought of the short hair and the paint on his face. I realized this guy could be anywhere; he could be the guy we gave money and smokes to, or he could be in any province or out of country or still in Montreal. Wish I had seen the news BEFORE this and I would have paid more attention to this fellow as u just never know. MOO Wonders if this guy currently had short scissor cut really dark hair and this person was a very "striking" yet odd looking fellow.

It seems that Luka's website info gradually becoming "service unavailable". If the police didn't do something to shut it down, then Luka is shutting it down. If that's the case, police should have no problem tracing the virtual connections that are leading to the shut down.

peeps: don't forget.... we cannot copy and paste comments. You can post the link and paraphrase what they say but no copy and paste...

geez... they haven't caught this dude yet??? :eek: you guys stay safe up there! (and he looks like he could easily disguise himself as anything including a woman imhoo)

bbm
SIGH...No he hasn't.

I was listening to the radio as I ran errands this morning and the Ottawa radio station hosts are all pumped up getting the info out on this guy...
They are asking listeners to print a copy or copies of his photo and pass it out...this guy needs to be caught ASAP

Not sure if this was already posted or not. My brain is like mush after reading so many articles.

Anyway it starts here:

This is where it gets confusing, in September 2010 in a post on the Miami-Dade City-Data site, he claims he lives in Russia and wants to move to Miami, FL but other posts starting in August 2010 he claims he is already living in Miami, FL. Then another in August 2010 he claims to be living in Miami but moving to Russia. He also frequents the gay posting sites and is posting he lives in Miami and looking for some fun.

http://www.examiner.com/article/luka-magnotta-the-cat-s-eye-to-evil?render=print

which brings us here:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/miami/1093303-moving-moscow-russia-miami-florida.html

He used sonic 3000 as his handle for that site. Wonder what else comes up if we sleuth sonic 3000. :eek:

Sorry, where did you read that? I may have missed it. I know he lived in California and possible connection to Arizona and it appears he's traveled worldwide.

CA and AZ .. the skull of Hervey Medellin was found near the Hollywood Hills sign a few months back (hands and feet subsequently found, iirc), and there was a dismemberment case in Arizona, i think around the same time.

I recall that in Hervey Medellin's case, there was reference to a young b/f and a love triangle, but I don't recall if either of the two cases was solved.

QUESTIONS:

1. When one (anyone.....you and me!) posts on the internet, aren't LE able to locate us? At least our IP number.

2. Worse yet, when someone posts disgusting, ungodly material, vids, etc. aren't LE aware if it ASAP?

3. We know that LE post as 'young people' on teen sites in order to locate/catch pedophiles. Why isn't there a section of LE for these types of internet activities?

I'm just rambling here.......forgive me. This one has me terribly thrown. :eek:

All I've read about the videos is that they were posted on a site that is hosted by someone that lives in Edmonton. Neither the website owner, nor any of the 20,000 viewers of the snuff film, were able to determine if the videos were real or fake. Without knowing that a snuff film was authentic, I would expect that police would not make it a priority. Realistically, police cannot spend time examining youtube files for authenticity ... especially when they can't determine in advance where (country) the file was uploaded.

Regarding Miami PD, it's quite possible that someone in Miami viewed the content and thought that police should be informed ... but still ... without knowing the jurisdiction where the file was uploaded, they could easily dismiss it as "not in the job description".

bbm

Not sure what you mean by my bolded part but I believe every country has a cyber crime unit and it's their JOB to investigate!

In Canada, the RCMP has one

Examples (computer-assisted crimes):

Child *advertiser censored* (sec. 163.1 of the Criminal Code of Canada)
Fraud (sec. 380 of the Criminal Code of Canada)
- Fraudulent telemarketing via Internet
- Identity theft
- Commercial crimes
Public incitement of hatred (sec. 319(1) of the Criminal Code of Canada)
- Electronic transmission of illicit content
Criminal harassment (sec. 264 of the Criminal Code of Canada)
- Indecent phone calls
Drug trafficking (Controlled Drugs and Substances Act)
- Sale of illicit substances via Internet
Computer falsifications – Forgery (sec. 366 of the Criminal Code of Canada)
- Scams
- False payment cards
Invasion of privacy (sec. 183 of the Criminal Code of Canada)
- Illicit collection, storage, modification, disclosure, transmission of personal data
- Cyber espionage
Sabotage (sec. 52 of the Criminal Code of Canada)
- Computer hacking
- Dissemination of viruses
Infringement on intellectual property (Copyright Act)
- Infringement on software and database legal protection, copyright and related rights
Etc.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/qc/services/gict-itcu/lois-laws-eng.htm

This woman , along with her son, believes the hitchhiker she picked up was LRM and he was heading to Ottawa and Toronto..
:gasp:

I think this lady was wrong, imo

If Interpol is involved, I think LE believes he's taken off overseas.

QUESTIONS:

1. When one (anyone.....you and me!) posts on the internet, aren't LE able to locate us? At least our IP number.

2. Worse yet, when someone posts disgusting, ungodly material, vids, etc. aren't LE aware if it ASAP?

3. We know that LE post as 'young people' on teen sites in order to locate/catch pedophiles. Why isn't there a section of LE for these types of internet activities?

I'm just rambling here.......forgive me. This one has me terribly thrown. :eek:

There is!

Where was the report about the kittens filed? It seems that no one really knew who this Luka person was and no one knew where he was ... so I'm wondering who received a report/complaint about kitten killing?

Interpol was made aware of the "kitten killer" as well as the "vacuum kitten killer" and also Sir Cramsalot. He would wear a Santa Claus hat while he would taunt those trying to hunt him down and he is also very intelligent and computer savvy, do not underestimate him. He can and will hack into your accounts if he has a mind to. He will surface, he will not be able to resist, he will surface through social media. He loves the attention, thrives on his monsterous acts. We knew he would move on to humans, but could not get anyone to help or take it too serious. He does do some photoshopping but he does have international connections. He has ties to Florida here in the USA. I must now go look at the scenes of the apartment, curious as to if that is where he would torture the various animals I have seen on video over the past two years. ...IMHO

I want nothing more than this guy to be caught and brought to justice. I never take it personal when someone commits a crime, but in my days have never quite met a monster quite as evil as him. And no I have not met him personally, but have chatted with him....been hunting him for two years.... Now I must do some digging. If anyone knows of a thread where he is actually taunting or speaking would appreciate a lead on it. If not, there will be trust me...he will surface....IMHO

Has anyone heard where the packages were mailed from?

One thing LE should do is release sketches of him with facial hair, or different style hair or even as a woman, imo

HIS CHILDHOOD

http://www.newstalk1010.com/News/localnews/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10388831

According to anonymous sources, Magnotta - know as Eric Newman at the time - spent many of his early years being homeschooled, but attended Charlottetown Junior Public School in grades five and six. He grew up in a home on Pine Trail Drive, a quiet suburban street in Scarborough's Lawrence Avenue East and Centennial Road area, near the school.

"He spoke with a very soft voice, he had his hair slicked back, he wore a lot of gold rings on his fingers and he was just different," describes a former classmate. "Kids being kids, he was picked on a little bit and made fun of...he just seemed unhappy...just off." The woman says Magnotta always walked with his head down at school, but she feels that any emotional "problems" he might have had stemmed from his personal life, and not necessarily how he was treated there. Though, she admits "he had no friends."

That same source says Magnotta once had a violent in-class outburst in grade 6, which resulted in him throwing his chair at a teacher. She doesn't remember what sparked the incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member