CANADA: Luka Rocco Magnotta, wanted for murder and dismemberment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where was the report about the kittens filed? It seems that no one really knew who this Luka person was and no one knew where he was ... so I'm wondering who received a report/complaint about kitten killing?

Otto, a large number of people have been trying to catch him for years now as the kitten killer, if you look that up on google you will find some of the groups. I also saw a FB group that has been dedicated to finding him for quite a while. Apparently he has been reported numerous times. I'm at work so I can't post links for you right now.

http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20120531/120531_magnotta_search/20120531/?hub=CP24Home

"We found some evidence on the scene," said Cmdr. Ian Lafreniere.

"We found, also, a letter that was posted on a website making us believe he might be gone out of the country."

He did provide some small details on the victim. He said police believe it is a man reported missing several days ago, whose family lives overseas.

One neighbour said he last saw Magnotta nearly a week ago. That was last Friday.

That neighbour in another second-floor apartment, near Magnotta's, said he saw the man carrying a box to the post office. The neighbour, Richard Payette, said the box looked like the type that would be used to package hockey skates.

INTERPOL joins hunt for Luka Rocco Magnotta

Suspect in body parts case believed to have fled country; Montreal police backtrack on Homolka connection

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/b...s+hunt+Luka+Rocco+Magnotta/6707033/story.html

Police sources told Citizen Thursday that Magnotta has likely been overseas for several days, but did not name a specific country.

Police sources confirmed to the Citizen Thursday that there was a note included with the foot, but dismissed as “completely inaccurate” a CTV News report that the note claimed the killer intended to kill again.

Montreal police backtracked Thursday on claims they made this week that Magnotta had dated Karla Homolka, one of Canada’s most notorious sex killers.
Police officials clarified Thursday that they were aware of the many rumours posted on the Internet, but had no proof to substantiate those stories.

Interpol was made aware of the "kitten killer" as well as the "vacuum kitten killer" and also Sir Cramsalot. He would wear a Santa Claus hat while he would taunt those trying to hunt him down and he is also very intelligent and computer savvy, do not underestimate him. He can and will hack into your accounts if he has a mind to. He will surface, he will not be able to resist, he will surface through social media. He loves the attention, thrives on his monsterous acts. We knew he would move on to humans, but could not get anyone to help or take it too serious. He does do some photoshopping but he does have international connections. He has ties to Florida here in the USA. I must now go look at the scenes of the apartment, curious as to if that is where he would torture the various animals I have seen on video over the past two years. ...IMHO

I want nothing more than this guy to be caught and brought to justice. I never take it personal when someone commits a crime, but in my days have never quite met a monster quite as evil as him. And no I have not met him personally, but have chatted with him....been hunting him for two years.... Now I must do some digging. If anyone knows of a thread where he is actually taunting or speaking would appreciate a lead on it. If not, there will be trust me...he will surface....IMHO

Oh wow. 2 years is a long time. I'm so sorry. I hope they get him and there will be justice for all his victims....human and animals. :(

from Twitter:

#canpoli‏@canpoli

CBCAlerts: Police:#Magnotta, victim were dating; attack wasn't random . Victim's family not fr... http://bit.ly/LKxfxn #cdnpoli #canpoli

Link says victim's family not from Canada

Where was the report about the kittens filed? It seems that no one really knew who this Luka person was and no one knew where he was ... so I'm wondering who received a report/complaint about kitten killing?

I have no idea. There's been protests and talk online for over two years trying to catch the kitten killer. Maybe FBI didn't take it seriously then.

CA and AZ .. the skull of Hervey Medellin was found near the Hollywood Hills sign a few months back (hands and feet subsequently found, iirc), and there was a dismemberment case in Arizona, i think around the same time.

I recall that in Hervey Medellin's case, there was reference to a young b/f and a love triangle, but I don't recall if either of the two cases was solved.

That is interesting ... the similarity between "Hollywood Sign" and "Conservative Party" makes me think that you may be onto something.

Gay connection: "Hervey Medellin shared a Hollywood apartment with his boyfriend and a dog"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/23/hervey-medellin-decapitated_n_1223489.html

The next question is whether Luka was in the area in January of this year. The similarity of head, hands and feet cut off and torso not found (perhaps put out with the garbage) ... I think you may be on to something. That may be a worthwhile tip to forward to investigators.

HIS CHILDHOOD

http://www.newstalk1010.com/News/localnews/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10388831

According to anonymous sources, Magnotta - know as Eric Newman at the time - spent many of his early years being homeschooled, but attended Charlottetown Junior Public School in grades five and six. He grew up in a home on Pine Trail Drive, a quiet suburban street in Scarborough's Lawrence Avenue East and Centennial Road area, near the school.

"He spoke with a very soft voice, he had his hair slicked back, he wore a lot of gold rings on his fingers and he was just different," describes a former classmate. "Kids being kids, he was picked on a little bit and made fun of...he just seemed unhappy...just off." The woman says Magnotta always walked with his head down at school, but she feels that any emotional "problems" he might have had stemmed from his personal life, and not necessarily how he was treated there. Though, she admits "he had no friends."

That same source says Magnotta once had a violent in-class outburst in grade 6, which resulted in him throwing his chair at a teacher. She doesn't remember what sparked the incident.

Good Lord! That is about a block and a half from where we live!!!!!!!

There is no missing report for the victim on the Montreal Police website. Maybe it was removed. IDK

http://www.spvm.qc.ca/en/documentation/3_1_3_persdisparues.asp
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/story/2012/05/31/body-parts-killing-suspect.html

I read an article that stated Montreal Police BELIEVE the victim was reported missing.

It doesn't say Where or Who may have reported him missing...
IF a missing persons report was filed it may not have been filed with Montreal police but perhaps with another jurisdiction...
Metro Toronto perhaps?????

QUESTIONS:

1. When one (anyone.....you and me!) posts on the internet, aren't LE able to locate us? At least our IP number.

2. Worse yet, when someone posts disgusting, ungodly material, vids, etc. aren't LE aware if it ASAP?

3. We know that LE post as 'young people' on teen sites in order to locate/catch pedophiles. Why isn't there a section of LE for these types of internet activities?

I'm just rambling here.......forgive me. This one has me terribly thrown. :eek:

Police can easily track an IP address and determine the location from where someone is posting internet files if someone posts from home without disguising where they are. There are also proxy servers, which reroute postings ... so someone using a proxy server can post by sending the message though several routers and make it more difficult to track an IP address. Addtionally, with coffee shops providing internet access, or libraries, people can post somewhat anonymously ... the IP tracks to the coffee shop, but identifying who was in the coffee shop using the internet at that time becomes difficult.

Still, investigators would be able to track internet activity to a location, like a coffee shop, and that would give them a good starting point in terms of determining where Luka is and where he has been. What investigators have probably already done is track down every site that Luka posts on - as much as possible - and they're waiting for him to login. One problem I see with this is that he had multiple identities. Without a computer to analyze, finding the identifies will be difficult ... time consuming. I suspect that he is posting remarks somewhere because he loves the attention.

bbm

Not sure what you mean by my bolded part but I believe every country has a cyber crime unit and it's their JOB to investigate!

In Canada, the RCMP has one

Examples (computer-assisted crimes):

Child *advertiser censored* (sec. 163.1 of the Criminal Code of Canada)
Fraud (sec. 380 of the Criminal Code of Canada)
- Fraudulent telemarketing via Internet
- Identity theft
- Commercial crimes
Public incitement of hatred (sec. 319(1) of the Criminal Code of Canada)
- Electronic transmission of illicit content
Criminal harassment (sec. 264 of the Criminal Code of Canada)
- Indecent phone calls
Drug trafficking (Controlled Drugs and Substances Act)
- Sale of illicit substances via Internet
Computer falsifications – Forgery (sec. 366 of the Criminal Code of Canada)
- Scams
- False payment cards
Invasion of privacy (sec. 183 of the Criminal Code of Canada)
- Illicit collection, storage, modification, disclosure, transmission of personal data
- Cyber espionage
Sabotage (sec. 52 of the Criminal Code of Canada)
- Computer hacking
- Dissemination of viruses
Infringement on intellectual property (Copyright Act)
- Infringement on software and database legal protection, copyright and related rights
Etc.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/qc/services/gict-itcu/lois-laws-eng.htm

The problem is that there are millions of files on youtube. If one of those files appears to be a snuff film, the next question is whether it's fake. It doesn't take much to fake an image these days. Additionally, if a file is uploaded to a Canadian website, that doesn't mean that a Canadian uploaded it.

It seems to me that RCMP would not use their time investigating all possible files uploaded to Canadian hosted websites that may or may not be snuff films. When I say that it is not in the job description, I mean that without a clear connection to a crime, RCMP would not investigate ... neither would the FBI or Interpol or any other police force. It's impossible to police the fake files that are uploaded to the internet on the offhand chance that one is not fake.

That is interesting ... the similarity between "Hollywood Sign" and "Conservative Party" makes me think that you may be onto something.

Gay connection: "Hervey Medellin shared a Hollywood apartment with his boyfriend and a dog"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/23/hervey-medellin-decapitated_n_1223489.html

The next question is whether Luka was in the area in January of this year. The similarity of head, hands and feet cut off and torso not found (perhaps put out with the garbage) ... I think you may be on to something. That may be a worthwhile tip to forward to investigators.

I wonder what kind of dog Medellin had ... there is a photo of LRM with a small white dog at some point, but nothing to indicate he has had one in recent weeks. Also, I would be interested in knowing who reported this Asian victim missing. IIRC, it was Medellin's roomie/bf that reported him missing, but to my knowledge, the b/f has never been identified and when reporters showed up, he never let them in (there is one grainy photo taken through blinds, but hard to tell what the guy looks like).

I suspect LE is reading here, and if there is anything really noteworthy, they will be checking into it. They should be on this like cheese on pizza.

Actually, there are two pics i've seen of him with a small white dog ... looks like two different ones to me. Ugh :(

And ... one with a bigger dog that looks like possibly a rotti cross. Hopefully these dogs just belong to friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishman