LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I called it into sheriff dept. she lives outside of city limits but ON UNIVERSITY so it struck me as odd.... I'm sure it's unrelated but the vibe I got is someone wanted to get rid of a boat but didn't do a great job cause it's halfway sticking out of the woods. No driveway no residence. Just a tree line off the highway. Wish I could post a picture cause I have 2 but don't know how to

If you save it onto your hard drive on your computer, that would be the only way I would know that you could upload it here, other than going through something like photobucket.

Ok I called it into sheriff dept. she lives outside of city limits but ON UNIVERSITY so it struck me as odd.... I'm sure it's unrelated but the vibe I got is someone wanted to get rid of a boat but didn't do a great job cause it's halfway sticking out of the woods. No driveway no residence. Just a tree line off the highway. Wish I could post a picture cause I have 2 but don't know how to

I'd like to see the pics but have no idea how to get my info to you w/o putting it here publicly. Would you please post them when you get a chance?

FMN FB page;
There will be an interview on KFLY today at 530 and 10 tonight.

In order to get a hit in CODIS, there first has to be DNA to submit. If Mickey is ever found and was dumped in water, there likely will be no DNA.

But, let's just hypothetically say there is DNA. A detective may not get a hit right away. They will have to dutifully keep resubmitting the DNA on a regular basis because DNA is added over time.

In the abduction/murder of 13-year-old Krystal Baker from Texas City in 1996, they had DNA from the perp's semen found on her dress. His DNA was not submitted into CODIS until 2010 when he was stopped for a DUI in Louisiana. He was arrested in Groves, TX, in 2010, tried this past April, and convicted of capital murder.

This isn't a common occurrence. Many states do not require DNA swabs be taken from criminals. More take lots of time before submitting it into CODIS and some states never submit it at all.

I did not know that. I wonder if he tried to weigh them down or if he tossed them in the water? Maybe he hoped gators would dispose of the evidence.

IMO, he probably thought the gators or the strong current would get rid of them. Odd that he did it again after Kinnamore was found only five days after she went missing.

Question for locals. I find it hard to believe a gator would not "want" the corpses. Any explanation for that? TIA

I'm not an expert but I did go to the zoo one day and they threw our frozen chicken to the gators who didn't budge. The keeper said it was due to the temperature. I think it was hot that day at the zoo. It's been really hot here. Maybe that's it.

Going nuts here, how did whoever took Mickey get past the cams that caught her at Circle K? It's just impossible.

Could they have been on foot, under the camera's eye somewhere?

Not very plausible, I guess.

Don't know? Time of year? Water temp?

What time of year is alligator season in LA? I always got the idea that it was summer time for some reason? If that is the case, I'd bet alligators move into areas less populated by humans at that time. Alligators are pretty intelligent creatures.

OTR trucking is a perfect environment for serial killers. They fly by day & night, no one looks twice. They can park on the side of just about any road all night and no one looks twice. Plus the vehicle itself obscures their appearance on cameras.
On a fast historical note: highways & railroads have been favorite places for serial killers- in the early 1900s one killer traveled across Texas & Louisiana killing families. As you say-people are so busy they almost never notice.

:seeya: I'm right there with ya, Isabelle.

They can have my fingerprints, my DNA,,,,,,they can watch me 24/7.

I got nothing to hide, now go get the thugs off the street. :jail:

Agreed. They can have my DNA. I'd prefer they have mine and everyone else's so that even smaller police departments might have a fighting chance against violent criminals/murderers.

On a fast historical note: highways & railroads have been favorite places for serial killers- in the early 1900s one killer traveled across Texas & Louisiana killing families. As you say-people are so busy they almost never notice.

You know, I wonder if anyone's ever compiled data on pilots.

They touch down all over the world for a few hours at a time.

More invisible people.

Agreed. They can have my DNA. I'd prefer they have mine and everyone else's so that even smaller police departments might have a fighting chance against violent criminals/murderers.

If they have everyone's DNA, what is to stop them from planting evidence? Many smaller police departments don't have the capabilities to collect DNA from a crime scene, so having everyone's DNA in a database is virtually useless to them anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rypie15