LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I'll stop posting pictures of the possible bike, I'll just work on it here by myself in case it's nothing more than shadows.

If you truly think it's something, why not call the tip line?

I just see one bike rider that the green box was drawn around...I can't see the other one. Its clear as day to me...LOL

I'm new and I'm not sure if I'm even posting this correctly but I have 2 questions that may have some substance to them. I can't stop replaying in my mind that she was on camera at LUS which is across from Circle K then apparently NOT caught on camera at the area the hooptie was caught at.
1) if there was a camera that saw the hooptie at a certain time, then common sense says that same cam would've caught Mickey if she were to have continued down st Landry since its only about a block further than the LUS cam, Right?

2) Mentions of the stables she has worked at has come up and I completely forgot she worked there. Does anyone know if they have questioned people who worked for stables or is associated with that? After all, as said in a previous thread from a few days ago, the WT look like it may not have a tailgate and could haul a 5th wheel trailer.

Welcome, monicat!
Very good questions/observations.
1.) You would think so.
2.) I've been wondering the same thing myself--someone that takes care of the horses, loads the hay, cleans the stables, an overnighter keeper?

I live where Santa Anita Racetrack is located. There are numerous people that live in the barns, exercise people, hot walkers, etc. Illegal as hell, yet they do.

Could this be someone that Mickey was familiar with and would not have shied away from even at 2 am?

Im only on pg 12 of this thread but gotta post now...wish chicken fried was on...W4D Z71 pulled over by 2 police cars &the police suburban! I had my daughter video as we passed by. Im sure I can't post that but mabey pm...its on Kaliste Saloom right past Max's/T-coons, same sideway of road, bfr you get to the light at Feu Follet.

Why does Chicken Fried need to be here to post a video?

Im only on pg 12 of this thread but gotta post now...wish chicken fried was on...W4D Z71 pulled over by 2 police cars &the police suburban! I had my daughter video as we passed by. Im sure I can't post that but mabey pm...its on Kaliste Saloom right past Max's/T-coons, same sideway of road, bfr you get to the light at Feu Follet.

I saw that. Ran the plate. Nothing special. <modsnip> (slang for cajun around here). The suburban left and the cops were all joking around with them so I dont think it was anything serious

This is a very good point re: the stables. Not sure what those stables are like, but many stables hire hands that move around alot. I think this merits close examination. Good call.

All people she works with/knows/hangs out with, etc were questioned in the beginning. The stables aren't exactly close by and they'd know who it was if it was someone from there with the white Z71 truck - would be odd for someone from there to be randomly going down the saint streets at that time plus it isn't what you are thinking of as a stable with hired-hand cowboys - lots of show/competition horses, its a local business, local riders lots of children, etc etc. From what Im understanding while helping with the searches is that police are covering these types of things like interviews, tracking local leads, tracing her steps and learning about her life thoroughly but they are not able to search the remote places - that's where the manpower of volunteers comes in.

Good golly,

I don't expect that a racoonass would've done something of this magnitude. We must keep looking the bay! Goodness me!

ok, just to play along with this theory....if you look hard enough, can you see lights on the tires? didnt mickey have lights on both of her tires? or just the back one? im not saying i totally believe thats her, im just entertaining the idea.

I don't have the link handy because I'm on my phone but her sister said in an interview that she had lights on her tires. Blinking lights IIRC. I think this was the radio interview mamamia linked to earlier today.

Welcome, monicat!
Very good questions/observations.
1.) You would think so.
2.) I've been wondering the same thing myself--someone that takes care of the horses, loads the hay, cleans the stables, an overnighter keeper?

I live where Santa Anita Racetrack is located. There are numerous people that live in the barns, exercise people, hot walkers, etc. Illegal as hell, yet they do.

Could this be someone that Mickey was familiar with and would not have shied away from even at 2 am?

The driver of the hooptie was found and cleared.

Good golly,

I don't expect that a racoonass would've done something of this magnitude. We must keep looking the bay! Goodness me!

Surely you're not serious that a "coonass [wouldn't have] done something of this magnitude" ... ?!!

I just see one bike rider that the green box was drawn around...I can't see the other one. Its clear as day to me...LOL

The green line farthest from the car correct? Going vertical

A lot of my friends have bikes with the super skinny tires, which are made for speed. They constantly get flats because of little rocks in the road, curbs, and other potential "urban" hazards. If her bike has the skinny tires, which I'm assuming they do, then I highly doubt she was hopping curbs.

JMHO

Road or "racing" bikes have skinny tires, we call them slicks. Mountain and fixed gear bikes have a sturdier tire. We call them knobby, they are perfectly capable of jumping curbs. They are not really a racing bike though so riding it at a racer's pace would be harder to maintain. In all my years of riding, I have only popped a tire once while riding. I was going uphill and hit a bottle opener someone had thrown in the street. I had to carry my bike two miles. Most bike stores sell tires that do not go flat easily, most of us have them.

I would think a constant rider like MS would as well.

LA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member