ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
"IMO" is how we tackle this on WS

It's very important, as the sub judice period is about to begin, that people abide by the actual law, not just the terms of service of a website. This has moved on from discussion about defamation, to discussion about contempt of court. This is an extremely serious issue, and this forum is going to be very, very interesting from both a legal and a journalistic perspective.

Cheers

Great coverage on both 7 and 9 news with some interesting new facts, but why, for the love of ..., did Channel 9 replay the granny-pash not just once, but twice!

I think the 'granny-pash' is broadly considered inappropriate under the circumstances of the time and Ch9 know that. By using it again tonight I think Ch9 is dog-whistling that NBC may be implicated.

I would expect NBC and TM to be charged with something in relation to Allison's death.

I AM THOROUGHLY EXCITED about this and do feel celebratory. I have an understanding of the children, as I have expressed in my previous posts tonight and feel terrible for them. On two occasions (way back in previous threads) I expressed a stance about "when does anything in life become about the mother"....."are mums just not considered".

Well, to all of you who think we shouldnt celebrate and be excited about this arrest.....POO POO BOO BOO TOO YOO!!!!

We are excited that a woman may now be receiving some justice over her death. Children aside, this is a cause for celebration. The person who allegedly killed her is caught.

Is everything, just ever/aalways about the children? Not in my eyes. RIP Allison. We are so sorry you lived this way in the final stages of your life. We are thankful and celebratory that your killer is caught.

It's very important, as the sub judice period is about to begin, that people abide by the actual law, not the terms of service of a website. This has moved on from discussion about defamation, to discussion about contempt of court. This is an extremely serious issues, and this forum is going to be very, very interesting from both a legal and a journalistic perspective.

Cheers

It's not the first case Australians have discussed online as it occurs, nor will it be the last. And this forum is hardly unique (no offence ws, think you are ace!).

I'm celebrating with you Snails. Here's cheers.
I'm with you Makara as I have three girls of my own and escaped from a similar person a few years ago so this whole case strikes a very personal chord. Go the QPS!

It's very important, as the sub judice period is about to begin, that people abide by the actual law, not the terms of service of a website. This has moved on from discussion about defamation, to discussion about contempt of court. This is an extremely serious issues, and this forum is going to be very, very interesting from both a legal and a journalistic perspective.

Cheers

Public discussion is not sub judice hence the process for selecting potential jurors

Someone said earlier on here that the captiva was the most recent one Allison drove. I think.
AS told me one car was of more interest to the police than the other. We haven't seen the Captiva, so I am presuming the police still have it.

Just walked in and have seen that he is about to be charged with murder.

I am in tears thinking of Allison's parents, her daughters, her family, her friends. Let those dear little girls be wrapped in the Dickies loving arms.

He deserves to rot in hell for what he has done. I hope the grief and sorrow on his daughters faces at their loving mothers funeral haunts him forever.

I just seen something else that's interesting about an accomplice. It's a person alot of us have been talking about but i don't want to say anything just incase i get banned from here. Also the latest report in the courier mail latest update it says A Queensland Police Service spokeswoman said police would not be making any comment on what remained an ongoing investigation. Does that mean we may not find anything else out??

Returned home from where Stella, do you know? Their holiday or the police station?

Phil Willimington News reporter (he's a local as well) was out side their house and stated that the Couple had returned to the house with another couple and then they showed the pash footage I'm not sure where they had been sorry

On 'The Project' he's being processed now..so not long until it's official.

Just walked in and have seen that he is about to be charged with murder.

I am in tears thinking of Allison's parents, her daughters, her family, her friends. Let those dear little girls be wrapped in the Dickies loving arms.

He deserves to rot in hell for what he has done. I hope the grief and sorrow on his daughters faces at their loving mothers funeral haunts him forever.

You said it all CJ!

Can't keep up with the quick comments about GBC at police station. Just saw on Channel 9 that the girls are at the police station waiting to be picked up. As we know the girls were picked up from school. Grr. Of course everyone is thinking of the girls. To say that on TV was disrespectful to... the Dickie family and the police. Please... It's dinner time. The girls are not at the police station. Sorry for the anger.

Credit to WI. Leave the emotion and look at the facts. It's winter, dark, cold and dinner time. Who in their right mind would leave any child in that circumstance.

Wouldn't they be taking him to the watch house and then he would appear in court in the morning. He won't be released tonight after being charged surely.

I think he has to apply to the court tomorrow, for bail.

So well done for OUR QPS to be able to charge with MURDER and not manslaughter.........those ducks must be in a line so long the quacking will be loud!!!!!!

:rubberducky::rubberducky::rubberducky:

murder = pre-meditated = $900k life insurance policy...

Wouldn't they be taking him to the watch house and then he would appear in court in the morning. He won't be released tonight after being charged surely.

Yes he'll be taken to watch house...court in morning... then go through the motions of applying for bail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member