ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very important, as the sub judice period is about to begin, that people abide by the actual law, not the terms of service of a website. This has moved on from discussion about defamation, to discussion about contempt of court. This is an extremely serious issues, and this forum is going to be very, very interesting from both a legal and a journalistic perspective.

Cheers

I read that on the QPS facebook page when they put their new rules up. I also seen it on the nsw police force page. They even explained about how once a case is before the courts you have to be very careful what you say. I will find the exact wording as soon as i finish dinner but it did mention contempt of court

3 minutes ago.
Baden Clay has left indro police station charged with the murder of his wife @couriermail

Can't keep up with the quick comments about GBC at police station. Just saw on Channel 9 that the girls are at the police station waiting to be picked up. As we know the girls were picked up from school. Grr. Of course everyone is thinking of the girls. To say that on TV was disrespectful to... the Dickie family and the police. Please... It's dinner time. The girls are not at the police station. Sorry for the anger.

The children have already been picked up, the Dickies went to the home and got clothing. I am guessing that the media have respected their privacy and waited for them to be gone before saying anything about the whereabouts of the girls.

Public discussion is not sub judice hence the process for selecting potential jurors

I think what is important to remember is that an arrest does not equate to a conviction. Any statements about the case still need to respect the law, and the law says that everyone is presumed innocent until proved guilty. Calling someone a murderer until they have been proved guilty is actually defamatory.

Current Affair have just said he has now been taken out of the back of the police station to the watch house

I read that on the QPS facebook page when they put their new rules up. I also seen it on the nsw police force page. They even explained about how once a case is before the courts you have to be very careful what you say. I will find the exact wording as soon as i finish dinner but it did mention contempt of court

Thanks, angel1. I very much appreciate it and think the link will be very helpful for those who do not understand the issue.

Cheers

I AM THOROUGHLY EXCITED about this and do feel celebratory. I have an understanding of the children, as I have expressed in my previous posts tonight and feel terrible for them. On two occasions (way back in previous threads) I expressed a stance about "when does anything in life become about the mother"....."are mums just not considered".

Well, to all of you who think we shouldnt celebrate and be excited about this arrest.....POO POO BOO BOO TOO YOO!!!!

We are excited that a woman may now be receiving some justice over her death. Children aside, this is a cause for celebration. The person who allegedly killed her is caught.

Is everything, just ever/aalways about the children? Not in my eyes. RIP Allison. We are so sorry you lived this way in the final stages of your life. We are thankful and celebratory that your killer is caught.

.....Yes......I.......Agree......With.....You........for God sake, the hurt for the little girls is a given...but, Yes we are bloody happy....Why do these people insist on picking on every word some of us say...
So yes, I have just finished a run of SleepOvers at work and even though I come from NSW I have Always gone for QLD in the footy...and I have just poured a wine.....(I have my tongue poked out and my middle finger up)

Just walked in and have seen that he is about to be charged with murder.

I am in tears thinking of Allison's parents, her daughters, her family, her friends. Let those dear little girls be wrapped in the Dickies loving arms.

He deserves to rot in hell for what he has done. I hope the grief and sorrow on his daughters faces at their loving mothers funeral haunts him forever.

Somehow I think he will always think of this. Sadly, even though he will obviously fight to his last breath, I do think he was sad for the girls. Only time he has shown emotion.

Firstly, loving the sunflower avatars....so fitting that on the day many change to Sunshine Flowers, a new ray of light in this case happens.

I am totally devastated for the girls, just awful. I am thrilled that there appears to be sound progress in Justice for their mum.

However, I am not going to be happy until justice is SERVED. GBC may well get arrested tonight, but I am going to wait until the verdict of any impending trial.

The alleged Life Insurance angle that the media were inferring to tonight does not suprise me one bit. We'll have to wait and see what part that plays in this tragic story.

As for the alleged blood in the back of the car. I would not rely on the media when they say it was Allisons car (in the sense I'm not convinced they know who's car is whose). Allisons car was the Prado, but GBC and ABC did drive both and if was not uncommon to see them driving each others.

Please be careful everyone on what you write. GBC and others are STILL innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Only write on here what you would be allowed to write in any publication.

Well done to the Police on getting this far. I have my fingers crossed for 100% justice and no less.

:grouphug: for all of you that have ever been involved with or lived through something like this..
and just one :fireworks: for the person(s) responsible. Moo

This is also why the police will not be commenting on the case now. From this point forward the only details that can be discussed are those which will not be able to be disputed in court during the trial.

I think the 'granny-pash' is broadly considered inappropriate under the circumstances of the time and Ch9 know that. By using it again tonight I think Ch9 is dog-whistling that NBC may be implicated.

I would expect NBC and TM to be charged with something in relation to Allison's death.

Totally agree, especially given their slo-mo, zoom-in of NBC trying to sneak inside.

Was just so overwhelmed by the sight of him and the Mrs going at it on my big screen TV - I hadn't had a chance to compute the reasoning behind its replay (besides making me reach for another drink!).

I'm celebrating with you Snails. Here's cheers.
I'm with you Makara as I have three girls of my own and escaped from a similar person a few years ago so this whole case strikes a very personal chord. Go the QPS!

Here, here!!

I "escaped" from a similar psychopath (and, yes, IMO he has ALL the hallmarks of that) with four sons. I thank my lucky stars that I got away with my life as my ex had threatened my life more than once. I am sure that if I'd had any monetary value to my ex I wouldn't be here to post tonight.

Psychopaths are the chameleons of the human world - fitting in faultlessly with whoever or whatever they need.

All totally IMO and has no bearing on GBC at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member