ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he will be the most hated man in Brisbane if that happens, IMO.

I read he would have to first go to Supreme Court to get bail as he's charged on murder. Is that correct?

Where would he get the money for bail. As far as we know he has no property to use for surety and didn't someone post that his parents property is mortgaged to the bank.

Or, COD could still have been strangulation, and the blood was from another aspect of the crime - remember a rumour that was revealed and then sort of quieted down quite a while back? ... attempts to remove the possibility of identifying skin/DNA under fingernails? (which it turns out wouldnt have even been there after submersion in water for even a couple of days)

I hope that rumour doesn't turn out to be true. There must have been a significant amount of blood found in the car if it is true they are searching for blood at the house. They also could be testing for urine that was a result of post mortem release. That could confirm that she passed away at the house. jmo

You know it strikes me as odd that the girls were taken from school to the ferny grove cop shop whilst their father was being squeezed for info at indro cop shop?

My friend suggested to me that ferny grove is where the social workers for child protection may be at.....so, perhaps one of the girls mentioned something their earlier then they swooped upon GBC at toowong and hammered him for info whilst searching the house????

who knows...but more importantly....I think Paul Tully's blog about the immunity being granted may point to the father's NBC involvement and subsequent confession of something....IMHO

Re the girls and how it played out today, IMO the police planned today very well although it all happened quite quickly. Child protection would have been organised and I believe Ferny Grove would have been chosen as a location well away from any route to the Indooroopilly Police Station or the crime scenes etc. They would have wanted the girls well away from media. Could have been additional reasons why Ferny Grove in particular, maybe it is a larger station with the space for the kids to wait for the Dickie grandparents.

Correct. And they also said that they had police permission to release this information.

In another report online (Courier Mail, I think), it was stated that the police knew on Saturday 21 April (the day after Allison was reported missing) where she was murdered. Sorry I don't have a link to this as the online report has now been wiped and updated. (Wish they wouldn't do that!).

IMO that indicates that she was either murdered in the house or in one of the cars and there must have been enough evidence, both visible and otherwise for police to come to this conclusion. So they knew from Saturday, 21 April that they were looking for Allison's body.

Love your sunflower.
You are right about they new she was murdered, and they said that she knew her murderer from very early days. GBC said that he just wanted a normal life........his expectations were a little high.

I agree that stabbing or strangulation is much likelier than murder by firearm.

I apologise if my post wasn't very clear - "sonic boom" sounds like the kind of thing you would expect to hear upon a comet imploding into the surface of the earth :) All I meant was that many firearms are so powerful that when they are discharged and the bullet exits the barrel, it creates a sonic boom as it travels. Wikipedia's definition of a sonic boom: "A sonic boom is the sound associated with the shock waves created by an object traveling through the air faster than the speed of sound. Sonic booms generate enormous amounts of sound energy, sounding much like an explosion. The crack of a supersonic bullet passing overhead is an example of a sonic boom in miniature."

It is the pressure behind the bullet (caused by hot gas from ignited gunpowder) that creates the "gunshot" sound. When a silencer is attached to a firearm, it allows the hot gas to expand into a much larger space, so the residual noise is lessened. That said, it would still more than likely create enough noise to be detected. This is all speculation on my behalf and I am happy to be proven wrong (well, not "happy", but you know what I mean) - I simply think it is unlikely.

The basis of my opinion on this comes from nothing but a personal devotion to and interest in science and forensics. I am certainly not an expert.

lol, thanks. I know what a sonic boom is, I meant your basis for the knowledge of how the sonic boom would still be noticed and how loud it would be. I appreciate you clarifiying it coming from your interest in those areas. To my mind the sound of a sonic boom in a situation like that, would be quite a low sound?(in comparison to a gunshot) I just thought it may be less likely to be noticed with other noises around and not many neighbours. (and possibly they not knowing what they heard)..However we don't know Allison was actually murdered at home yet.

Thanks for your post.

Where did the claim that Allison had a $900,000 Insurance Policy come from? To pay the premiums on such a policy would be an enormous amount for people who seemed to have no visible means of support and very high living + business costs. And, life insurance policies have clauses which preclude payment if the insured meets foul play.

I would like to see some substantiation of this claim before it took it with more than a very tiny grain of salt.

RIP Allison

I agree. It seems strange if you'd murder someone for their life insurance if there was a clause like that but even if there wasn't wouldn't you need death to be established to make the claim? I don't think the murderer intended for her body to be found so that seems contradictory to that and it could be years to never to get that money. Also to do that to your wife, to your kids, for money... Would he really do that?

Interesting that blood was found. So perhaps death wasn't strangulation as rumoured or if it was she'd sustained other injuries from the sounds of it.

:rose:I have no sunflowers..but in spirit I do, lol.. I missed what they were about at the time as I had a bit of a break.. I have since read they are to honour Allisons memory..correct?

Yes. The group just started adding them in the last couple of days. What a kind tribute.

If GBC was to get bail do you think they'd allow him to continue having the girls with him?

Re the girls and how it played out today, IMO the police planned today very well although it all happened quite quickly. Child protection would have been organised and I believe Ferny Grove would have been chosen as a location well away from any route to the Indooroopilly Police Station or the crime scenes etc. They would have wanted the girls well away from media. Could have been additional reasons why Ferny Grove in particular, maybe it is a larger station with the space for the kids to wait for the Dickie grandparents.

Agree, they planned it that way and that they wanted the girls somewhere completely seperate. Hats off to QPS for their work and dedication to this case.

Just got home from work and heard the news of the arrest.
Those poor little girls. They must be so confused. Their Daddy, who they love, kiled their Mummy. So sad.

The rumour that the accomplice is a known criminal makes me wonder if this is a case of murder for hire. In an earlier thread it was mentioned that the murder was planned for a later date but it happened earlier because an opportunity arose. Maybe GBC decided to handle it himself.
Another thought - maybe police had received information prior to Allison going missing, about someone wanting to have their wife murdered. When GBC reported Allison missing maybe alarm bells started to ring and that is why the police reacted so fast.
These are only theories and MOO. Just putting it out there.

Thanks Louisepiglet. I personally don't believe that the accomplice (and we don't know if there is one yet) is a known criminal. IMO it's just more fanciful gossip.

who are others you suspect would have seen it? Only police would have been anywhere near close enough to her body where it was found, to make out anything. It would have been a sealed off crime scene. i say stabbing or gunshot--(putting my money maybe on stabbing, but don't know.) Because anything else I think would need an autopsy to determine and would not be visible at the scene.(even stranulation with the decomp would have been hard to see) Couple with blood found in the car. IMO

Well I was thinking the canoeist, journo's, WOM ... I just feel the cause of death was hidden under clothes....

For eg....

I have no knowledge of decomposing bodies or strangulation marks eetc what so ever...but years of army taught me gun shot wounds and how they are easily undetected...We were always advised to turn the body over as the entrance of the bullet is clean but the exit was usually not that clean.... but sometimes still can be difficult to see....so....if he had shot her....I thought that maybe he would have changed her shirt before disposing of the body...therefore once the body was examined more closely it may have been discovered that she had been shot, fairly quickly, and she was now wearing a different shirt as the one she had on didnt have bullet holes nor blood stains...which suggests to me the statement regarding 'she knew her killers'

just something that has been playing on my mind for a while....

I am sorry, I can't be happy about this until somebody is charged and convicted. 3 little girls have lost their world and are without answers.
The qps has done an awesome job, but I hope the rest of qld and indeed the rest of Aus does the right thing by the girls. There is no more nobel thing than being a mother and I wish the girls all the best. I think I am done with WS now but ABC's kids and her spirit will be forever in my heart... Thank you every one for the journey.

Ok, now my excitement has turned to tears. Those poor girls. The whole situation is devastating. Sorry guys about my emotions but that news hit me straight in the face and I while I happy about the arrest,I'm not as happy as I thought. I had my feelings it was him of course but all I can think about is the girls, how traumatizing for them. They are with the Dickies which is nice but this will be so painful for all involved.
I haven`t read any posts today and due to my high emotions today may be better for me to just read.
I am sorry for those that truly believed in his innocence but as many of us have said who else was there?
Sorry kimster, off topic but I just felt I could share my feelings this morning. Off to have a strong coffee. Hope everyone is ok today x

Ferny Grove has a Child Protection unit where they have the proper training and resources for the poor little girls.

Apparently most of the media refrained from taking pics of the kids but not all, shame on them.

Possibly also when Gerard gets released on bail he would be with the children. I think it is better for the childrens safety to be away from there. Any man capable of killing his childrens mother is caoable of anything. IMO

Exactly. :thumb:

Perhaps I am over thinking after the big news tonight, but this has me confused. The children have been pretty much been living with Nigel & Elaine at their home. Why would authorities take them from this home and place them with Allison's parents? Are the children being kept away from that house because more arrests will take place from there?

Perhaps, or even that they'll be distracted by what's happening to their son. Who know too whether they'd influence the girls even unintentionally on what to think about it.

Well I was thinking the canoeist, journo's, WOM ... I just feel the cause of death was hidden under clothes....

For eg....

I have no knowledge of decomposing bodies or strangulation marks eetc what so ever...but years of army taught me gun shot wounds and how they are easily undetected...We were always advised to turn the body over as the entrance of the bullet is clean but the exit was usually not that clean.... but sometimes still can be difficult to see....so....if he had shot her....I thought that maybe he would have changed her shirt before disposing of the body...therefore once the body was examined more closely it may have been discovered that she had been shot, fairly quickly, and she was now wearing a different shirt as the one she had on didnt have bullet holes nor blood stains...which suggests to me the statement regarding 'she knew her killers'

just something that has been playing on my mind for a while....

Thanks..not sure who WOM is. lol. But yeah I don't think any one would have been close enough to see. even stab wounds could be concealed if they are under clothing. The canoeist likely would not have seen too much and everyone else as I said wouldn't have been close enough. And like you say not likely visible but to the police who would be checking closely for such things. And yes, from what I know and have read strangulation would likely have ben hard to detect so easily at the scene with the decomposition etc.

Possibly also when Gerard gets released on bail he would be with the children. I think it is better for the childrens safety to be away from there. Any man capable of killing his childrens mother is caoable of anything. IMO

I pray the police and child protective services in Queensland knows about the Josh Powell case. On a SUPERVISED visit he locked the door in front of the social worker and went in the house and blew it up, with him and the two little boys inside!

The USA learned a lesson via nightmare on that day. May the world remember for the sake of children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael C Vang