Allison Baden-Clay, GENERAL CASE DISCUSSION THREAD -#31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Violence Against Women. International Conference, Brisbane, 7-9 August, 2012

Key speakers

I have a suggestion in mind to delegate someone from the forum (better someone from Brisbane to save on accommodation) to this conference (or similar) to address the most prominent researchers, activists, government officials and talk to them about the WS phenomenon, Allison's tragic fate, how social networking brings together people with similar experiences (abuse, violence), etc. I think, the whole collection of contributions from various members carries great potential for further research studies, apart from the actual murder case. The conference is not free, of course, but if, say, 50 people donate a few bucks each, it will cover the registration fee.

Well, it is just a suggestion, something to consider.

Grannie what a great idea! I am happy to contribute some funds.

Violence Against Women. International Conference, Brisbane, 7-9 August, 2012

Key speakers

I have a suggestion in mind to delegate someone from the forum (better someone from Brisbane to save on accommodation) to this conference (or similar) to address the most prominent researchers, activists, government officials and talk to them about the WS phenomenon, Allison's tragic fate, how social networking brings together people with similar experiences (abuse, violence), etc. I think, the whole collection of contributions from various members carries great potential for further research studies, apart from the actual murder case. The conference is not free, of course, but if, say, 50 people donate a few bucks each, it will cover the registration fee.

Well, it is just a suggestion, something to consider.
GRANNIE: Well this is just so appropriate for both the women and men on this forum who are outraged by Allison's death and who support an end to violence against women. Women need to support women. We also need good men to support the end of violence towards women. What a timely conference. It would be great if websleuthers from this forum could attend just as suggested.

Well here's a little reminder of Allison. A lot like most of us here I think.

"She was just always happy, never got cross, never angry.

"Al never took herself too seriously. She was happy to have a laugh even if it was at herself. She had a cheeky sense of humour and often played the joker just to make everyone feel better in a crisis"

http://www.couriermail.com.au/ipad/tears-for-girl-next-door/story-fn6ck45n-1226347238522

From my knowledge she was very relaxed about adventure and travel and reaching out. Comfortable about getting on stage and with traveling. Very confident. Encouraging in a quiet and self-realized Psychologist's way. But with a huge phobia of the water.

Is there a 13POLICE number in QLD yet? Like there is a 13HEALTH?

I did find this
To Report a crime use one of the following services
If it is an emergency or the crime is happening now call triple zero
If it is not an emergency and the crime has already happened call
Policelink 131 444
If you have any information that might help solve a crime call
Crime Stoppers 1800 333 000

I heard today from a source that it was EBC who spoke to QPS about immunity.
Maybe that is why she hasn't been to visit GBC. IMO

GRANNIE: Well this is just so appropriate for both the women and men on this forum who are outraged by Allison's death and who support an end to violence against women. Women need to support women. We also need good men to support the end of violence towards women. What a timely conference. It would be great if websleuthers from this forum could attend just as suggested.

Fuskier
It would be great, and so agree that it needs men and women to put an end to this violence. So many stories in our threads, that even if it gives one young woman the courage to not go into a bad relationship, or for one man to stop going any further it would be worthwhile.

Hawkins put up a great post early on in the threads and it was so poignant about how endemic this violence still is. See if I can find it.

Who really knows if GBC was physically violent towards A? Before he allegedly killed her that is?

I do believe there was emotional abuse though, for sure.

Many men who have affairs also do the emotional abuse route. That site someone put up the other day, something about crazy b!tch, was very enlightening to me and made me (lightbulb) realise that I didn't give back as good as I got like I thought in my marriage, it was actually emotional abuse. And it was all designed for me to look like the crazy one.

This was the site.
http://www.heartless-*****es.com/rants/manipulator/emotional_abuse.shtml

I heard today from a source that it was EBC who spoke to QPS about immunity.
Maybe that is why she hasn't been to visit GBC. IMO

If this is true it's a stunning revelation and does open up a new angle for thought about the case and the family dynamics within it. Thanks, dear Indromum. Let's see if anything more comes out regarding this rumour.

A couple who covered up their son's murder have been jailed in the UK

Leigh Turner, 54, and Anita Turner, 51, were each given 27 month terms after being found guilty of perverting the course of justice.

In sentencing, Mrs Justice Dobbs said that it was a tragedy that the parents had lost their good character out of misplaced loyalty.

Their actions were uncovered when police bugged their house and recorded conversations where they discussed whether they had done the right thing.

I wonder how many bugs (not catapillars) are residing in Skull Manor?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-18733240

Juicy bit of info there if true.

Nice one Indro
IMO we need to be a bit careful about this alleged information. In earlier threads when this was discussed, we learned that 'Immunity' is a strictly confidential process, that the CMC is so strictly secret that we would never know about it. Refer to Paul Tullly's blog on this. It is unlikely that anyone from the Attorney Generals's Department or QPolice would reveal this information. Too many risks involved I imagine, to the prosecution, to the person and to the Criminal Court proceedings.It also causes us to 'split' between the B C Seniors and deflects our attention away from other more likely targets. My opinion, not fact.

If this is true it's a stunning revelation and does open up a new angle for thought about the case and the family dynamics within it. Thanks, dear Indromum. Let's see if anything more comes out regarding this rumour.

If this means that EBC is feeling the slightest bit of compassion for her daughter-in-law I praise her for her humanity.

How many of the normal average people would know their local police number? I don't and my instinct would prompt me to call 000 but I would not have looked on the police website first nor checked for self incrimination.

Me too. I have the police local number on my phone chart, but in case of partner missing, I would call 000, or, as I have done once, the SES.

IMO we need to be a bit careful about this alleged information. In earlier threads when this was discussed, we learned that 'Immunity' is a strictly confidential process, that the CMC is so strictly secret that we would never know about it. Refer to Paul Tullly's blog on this. It is unlikely that anyone from the Attorney Generals's Department or QPolice would reveal this information. Too many risks involved I imagine, to the prosecution, to the person and to the Criminal Court proceedings. My opinion, not fact.
Don't know whether I agree though re EBC...just putting it out there for discussion.

Not in my house...on my 2nd vodka/Midori/Malibu cocktail...Woohoo!
Sorry guys sooo off topic...I have now regained my composure!

Mmmm malibu....and Midori mmmm

Try malibu,milk and banana liquer one day...

Yep sorry OT

Thanks Fuskier and Maxwellsmart. IMO not all women will grab kids and flee family violence. There are many, many reasons why women stay in abusive situations - whether it be physical or emotional abuse. I don't think abuse was new to ABC. She was just like many others and stayed. And paid the ultimate price. I also think I read that ABC & GBC were attending counselling.

And it's known that leaving can escalate the violence and then you have the joint custody of the children leaving you and them more vulnerable. It's not as easy as "take the kids and run" it's hard to prove family violence and even in instances where there has been violence and documented injuries etc and the police have been involved, the children still have the right to contact with both parents. There's the mindset in the law that just because they hurt you, doesn't mean they'll hurt the children. The children are then often used to get at the other party. There are no simple answers.

How many of the normal average people would know their local police number? I don't and my instinct would prompt me to call 000 but I would not have looked on the police website first nor checked for self incrimination.

I have no reason to ring the police but if i ever did have to i would ring 000 because i have no idea what the local number is. I have nothing against the police but i have been in a situation before where the nosey neighbours called the police because my husband and i were arguing. It had nothing to do with them and they would call the police almost every day. It got to the stage where we had to move away because too many troublemakers lived in the street. I put up with domestic violence for almost 6 years and would still do ANYTHING to be back with my ex. I loved him and still do love him more than anything in the world but it was embarrassing having the police turn up all the time because of interfering neighbours.:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Who really knows if GBC was physically violent towards A? Before he allegedly killed her that is?

I do believe there was emotional abuse though, for sure.

Many men who have affairs also do the emotional abuse route. That site someone put up the other day, something about crazy b!tch, was very enlightening to me and made me (lightbulb) realise that I didn't give back as good as I got like I thought in my marriage, it was actually emotional abuse. And it was all designed for me to look like the crazy one.

This was the site.
http://www.heartless-*****es.com/rants/manipulator/emotional_abuse.shtml

It's called Gaslighting Nads! Sorry you had to go through that! xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads