Allison Baden-Clay, GENERAL CASE DISCUSSION THREAD -#31

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so sorry to hear about your son MG. I have heard it said though that it's common for suicidal people to feel on top of the world once they have decided what they are going to do, therefore it makes it almost impossible for someone to pick up on just how their mental state is at the time. It's as though the weight of the world has been lifted from their shoulders because they know it'll all be over for them soon.

It's a very sad thing all round. It can be so hard to tell what's really happening, can't it?

Life is strange and magical. Since being wheelchair bound he had found new meaning in his life like never before in helping others with depression and paraplegia. I speak to him almost daily and he is always happy he makes me smile and counts his blessings. Aint life grand :great:

Life is strange and magical. Since being wheelchair bound he had found new meaning in his life like never before in helping others with depression and paraplegia. I speak to him almost daily and he is always happy he makes me smile and counts his blessings. Aint life grand :great:

Well I am glad of that, MG. I was wondering how he copes now, and I am glad he has found a new meaning to life. As you said, strange and magical. Who knows why these things happen to us!!
:)

This was the first mention re the vacuum cleaner bag from member "itsthevibe"...

"Also from the same source was that when police were doing their searches, they wanted to seize the contents of a vacuum cleaner dust bag, and NBC refused to give it to them if they didn't have a search warrant. (I'm assuming this was at the NBC house but I dont know for sure)"

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 #19

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175051&page=17

Oh thank you Marlywings. I knew I'd be able to count on you to find it...

I also have no idea how you do it ( all the links ) either but thanks and keep up the great work...:rocker:

Thanks Marlywings I was just eluding to the fact that when THAT interview was discussed some posters thought he was "Just saying that" (she was depressed) to detract suspicion from himself. After reading it was common knowledge to her friends I was just wonder how seriously she was depressed.The defense will milk it dry I'm sure. What a dreadful situation she was in coping with all she had on her shoulders whilst in the depths of depression. IMO

http://www.news.com.au/national/sear...-1226337675767

If the truth is known it's more like these "friends" in this report....

Friends claim she suffered from depression but would have returned home for her daughters' sake by now

http://www.news.com.au/national/sea...lison-baden-clay/story-e6frfkvr-1226337675767

....are the same "friends" as in this report...

Friends yesterday described the 41-year-old real estate principal as a "mess" who believed his wife's disappearance was linked to depression.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/ipad/...for-wife-goes-on/story-fn6ck45n-1226339259308

....along with OW who said Allison was depressed.

I've not read any reports which state Allison's family or friends said it was "common knowledge" she was suffering from depression or "in depths of depression"

What a lovely post Cyansea.....I think you've described very well what this forum means to all of us. Allison represents all of us in many different ways, be it giving up what would have been a glittering career for her family, or staying with a partner, when you really deserved so much more respect and devotion, because you loved them very much (been there, done that!) etc. etc. Also LOVE the sleuthing going on at the mo.....great stuff - tossing ideas back and forth, providing previous posts and links and relevant articles etc. with quite a few 'funnies' interspersed....it's great reading, thanks everyone!

Love your 'name' Cyansea....hubby and I are are buying a boat when we've sold our houses this year, and I'd been tossing up calling her something related to Allison (as I don't really want MY name on it, as hubby suggests!) I was tossing around variations of Allison's names in my head, and 'A. Dickie' was passed over as not appropriate....then I thought of what had been done to my maiden name when a kid, and wondered what Allison might have had to put up with if her name was called out at roll call as A. Dickie....this is what makes her so very 'real' to us I feel, we relate to her in so many many ways, even silly little thoughts like this! (It crossed my mind that I could always name the yacht after GBC ie. 'A *advertiser censored*' :what: *Wozzle slaps herself for being so facetious!*)

Special shout out to Marlywings and those with such extraordinary (and rapid) 'link-ability'...you have no idea how helpful it is to the forum (I, of course, remember all the things you link to.....but how to find them - and the time! - is completely beyond me! I actually wanted to find a 'dinosaur' for my avatar as I feel technologically challenged, but had to settle for 'Scrat' from Ice Age....who is a ridiculous and inept little fellow....but is amusing, means well and tries hard!)

On I go with the reading (wearing blinkers to dishes in sink...bird needing to be put out....dog hair on carpet....pile of washing....recycling bin overflowing....*sigh*.....)

Oh good to see another boat lover here. I am currently sitting on the shore under a tree overlooking our boat as hubby packs it up ready for our trip back home. I wish I could attach a pic on here from my ipad to show how beautiful it is now.

We will have to see if we can come up with some good boat names for you, our boat is named after me.

If the truth is known it's more like these "friends" in this report....

Friends claim she suffered from depression but would have returned home for her daughters' sake by now

http://www.news.com.au/national/sea...lison-baden-clay/story-e6frfkvr-1226337675767

....are the same "friends" as in this report...

Friends yesterday described the 41-year-old real estate principal as a "mess" who believed his wife's disappearance was linked to depression.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/ipad/...for-wife-goes-on/story-fn6ck45n-1226339259308

....along with OW who said Allison was depressed.

I've not read any reports which state Allison's family or friends said it was "common knowledge" she was suffering from depression or "in depths of depression"

I was referring to the highlighted. I have no way of knowing if the "Friends" who spoke of Allison's depression are the same "Friends" who spoke about GBC. If my friends knew of my depression I would consider it common knowledge, as I have many friends. If Allison was depressed how would one describe it? Having been there myself the words "depths of depression" are as accurate as I can get.I guess I could be out of line assuming OW ( as her SIL and friend) was genuinely concerned for Allison when she said she was depressed ..........but I'll take that chance.

Good Morning All

thanks to this forum I give extra thanks to the universe, that I live in a fairly cossetted world with no really "icky" stuff landing on our doorstep. There is so much wrong with this world with women bearing the brunt of dysfunctional male behaviour (but as mentioned earlier there are some female bullies who treat men disgracefully). My sister lives in fear of her ex (all three exes actually) so all her day to day decisions are influenced by this. Statistically most threats aren't carried through, but some are - as this site is testament to. It is this "possibility" that the ex might harm the children on the access visit that keeps these women in "line". How can we break this cycle?

In my opinion, if there is disharmony in the family then an outside person should know. I tell my Mum everything and this is at risk of her criticism of my husband, which in itself is a criticism of my choices - and no one wants to admit that they have made a bad decision (I have a great marriage but it suffers from a few issues that are being worked through - same ol' same ol' - money, alcohol and well-meaning but interfering in-laws).

If my sister had told me or my Mum what had been going on in any of her three marriages, then we would have presented a more united family front. but it only "came out" after the event. Our cries of "why didn't you tell us?" were met with a sense of shame that she had felt embarrassed and ashamed.... hard to put into words, but we all want to project to the world that all is ok.

My heart hurts when I think of the BC girls and how they will never have a mum hug again. When my son went to school camp last month all the kids were lined up ready to board the bus and of course working mothers didn't have to luxury of waving them off. I mingled and called out "anyone want a Mum hug?!" and I was swamped by hugs from 10 year olds. A mother's hug is where all is good in the world and you are safe (even at my age!!!).

On a speculative note, poor Allison's last dying thoughts perhaps would have been about whether the murderer was going back to do the same to her girls......... I would have been distraught that I was no longer going to be able to protect my children

Sorry about being such a bummer of a post but it really is in the disguise of a sense of gratefulness that our family unit is good. We often refer to ourselves as the Team - Together Everyone Achieves More. Just like this forum! There - a positive finish!!!

Better put some IMO's and MOO's in....

Wow, what an amazing woman you are offering hugs like that, so warm and brave and kind!

Hello!

Please try and stay on the topic of Allison's case in here. I'm getting a lot of requests from people who would like this thread to be about Allison and her case. It needs to be mentioned because it is an etiquette rule on Websleuths to stay on topic. That's why we have a chat thread. You can also post personal stories in our Jury Room and you'll find there are a lot of members who will want to discuss them with you.

Here's a link to the Jury Room: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

:cheers:

Maybe a bit OT but not really. Have just found a manufacturer that can do keyrings (beautiful ones to our own design ) for 50 cents or thereabouts. Much better!!
KeentoKnow could you pls check with the Dickies if they would mind if we went ahead with that idea?

I was referring to the highlighted. I have no way of knowing if the "Friends" who spoke of Allison's depression are the same "Friends" who spoke about GBC. If my friends knew of my depression I would consider it common knowledge, as I have many friends. If Allison was depressed how would one describe it? Having been there myself the words "depths of depression" are as accurate as I can get.I guess I could be out of line assuming OW ( as her SIL and friend) was genuinely concerned for Allison when she said she was depressed ..........but I'll take that chance.

I'll take a chance...no, in fact I'd bet the house on it that GBC wanted people to "think" Allison was suffereing from depression & had wandered off somewhere on her own accord...giving four different "walk" versions".

Thank goodness for Inspector Ainsworth being able to see through all that rubbish!!

Hello!

Please try and stay on the topic of Allison's case in here. I'm getting a lot of requests from people who would like this thread to be about Allison and her case. It needs to be mentioned because it is an etiquette rule on Websleuths to stay on topic. That's why we have a chat thread. You can also post personal stories in our Jury Room and you'll find there are a lot of members who will want to discuss them with you.

Here's a link to the Jury Room: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

:cheers:

Oops sorry Kimster!

Btw have you thought of attending the conference Grannie mentioned?? You could speak and catch up with your family (real and WS) whilst you are in Oz.
You would make a great speaker. Topic ' how the Internet and fora overcome previously not spoken about cases of violence and abuse within families'!

I'll take a chance...no, in fact I'd bet the house on it that GBC wanted people to "think" Allison was suffereing from depression & had wandered off somewhere on her own accord...giving four different "walk" versions".

Thank goodness for Inspector Ainsworth being able to see through all that rubbish!!

Totally agree marlywings
Just smoke and mirrors and not very well done at that

Thanks Kimster

It sure get's tough to find the relevant case stuff these days.

Hopefully tomorrow will see some further evidence presented and some more rumour killers.

Let the inner detective back out kind hearted peeps!

Rational, did you take an 'ideas' pill this morning? You are right with it today.
Good on you!

That may be so and probably is. My original reference to ABC's depression was in commenting that (re what the article stated.)... if in fact it were true (ABC suffered from depression) and that it was in fact stated by her friends in MSM.That being the case the defense would surely be making a point of it. My interest was in the validity of the fact and ,if true, how serious her depression was. I have no way of knowing what goes on in others minds, but if her friends felt it was relevant to mention it to the press I would think there would be some truth to it.I also believe Inspector Ainsworth is brilliant however have no idea what he knows about ABC's depression or for that matter what he thinks about it or what there is to see through. I have never indicated at any time that I felt Allison "wandered off somewhere".Do you not think that Allison suffered from depression?

Rational, did you take an 'ideas' pill this morning? You are right with it today.
Good on you!

No I am doing dry July ie no alcohol for a month. Maybe it is firing up my brain cells plus have started running again! Sorry OT just responding will get back on track Kimster!

Just some information which I found on a blog after googling 'Face time' tracing. Interesting. If the iphones of GBC and NBC were not encrypted, it appears that the video call recording could be held by Apple'

http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/apple-gathering-facetime-information-ability-to-see-video-calls/

Thanks for the link KG....interesting stuff isn't it!!....here's to hoping they're able to pull up all the info from that face time call. If they have, I sooo want to be a fly on the wall when that hits the heads of GBC & NBC. I can't see how they'd ever be able to worm their way out of that.

That may be so and probably is. My original reference to ABC's depression was in commenting that (re what the article stated.)... if in fact it were true (ABC suffered from depression) and that it was in fact stated her friends.That being the case the defense would surely be making a point of it. My interest was in the validity of the fact and ,if true, how serious her depression was. I have no way of knowing what goes on in others minds, but if her friends felt it was relevant to mention it to the press I would think there would be some truth to it.I also believe Inspector Ainsworth is brilliant however have no idea what he knows about ABC's depression or for that matter what he thinks about it or what there is to see through. I have never indicated at any time that I felt Allison "wandered off somewhere".Do you not think that Allison suffered from depression?

I agree with both Marlywings and you Mothergoose.
I am sure that part of GBCs scenario was that Allison was depressed (well IMO who wouldn't be living with a narcissistic sociopath as well as the rest of the family). Given that as Allison was qualified in psychology she would have known the signs and probably sought professional help and also told some of her friends. This will come out in the trial (unless GBC does the right thing and pleads guilty ) but I have faith that the judge and jury will see it for what it is. Allison would never have left her girls, but it was a convenient part of GBCs premeditated cold blooded murder of her.
All IMO

That may be so and probably is. My original reference to ABC's depression was in commenting that (re what the article stated.)... if in fact it were true (ABC suffered from depression) and that it was in fact stated her friends.That being the case the defense would surely be making a point of it. My interest was in the validity of the fact and ,if true, how serious her depression was. I have no way of knowing what goes on in others minds, but if her friends felt it was relevant to mention it to the press I would think there would be some truth to it.I also believe Inspector Ainsworth is brilliant however have no idea what he knows about ABC's depression or for that matter what he thinks about it or what there is to see through. I have never indicated at any time that I felt Allison "wandered off somewhere".Do you not think that Allison suffered from depression?

No I don't think so ..I quite clearly said what I thought in my post you've quoted...ie...GBC wanted people to "think" Allison was depressed & wandered off on her own accord.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500