Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re the new blue very high fence at the neighbours property next to NBC - it sounds like there may be development construction or redevelopment construction about to start. That's what is often seen in surburban Melbourne - helps to keep the dust and noise down. MOO

Hopefully the pollen will place him there. Or if the Face time video copy can be obtained from Apple - wow! Done and dusted.

What are the chances of the Face time call being obtained... all the gory details? Is it something that CAN be done?

Hopefully the pollen will place him there. Or if the Face time video copy can be obtained from Apple - wow! Done and dusted.

Mmmm however IF not pollen/blood they can prove this money trail then it will be more conclusive to a layman jury person to show the motive more...even though motive is not needed in a murder...his intention to have a lot of money quickly as a husband, IS good for a murder brief

Thanks Rational. I've been looking for this or similar. I've done some screencaps of the tides and moon phases for the relevant dates and I'll post them in the media thread for quick reference.

* #240 * *
05-03-2012, 09:22 PM
Gorecki
That was it Zorro and Gorecki were he tidal weather kings/queens!

Kholo Creek tide times:
http://tides.willyweather.com.au/qld...olo-creek.html

Moon phases - waning on the night she disappeared.
http://moonphases.willyweather.com.a...olo-creek.html

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gorecki For This Useful Post:

I recall mention of this at that time possum. Did the elder predict that particular spot, or just that she would be found in or near the waterways? I can't recall the details.

I think it was an 'eventual' prediction by someone with a long understanding of the catchment that a body disposed to the elements would wash down and get trapped at Kholo. Need sleep. Those who see ebbs and flows of waterways over generations have great knowledge. Wonder where the word/meaning of 'Kholo' comes pfrom?

Am I correct in my memory that GBC went to the chemist on the Thursday morning?

IMO

Firesnake I meant to go find this post this morning but didn't have time until tonight....the poster mentions "the day before Allison was reported missing, ie. Wednesday"....but she was reported missing on the Friday, in which case this poster maybe meant to say Thursday.

Extract from quite a long post...

#771 05-04-2012, 10:11 PM
Roma
Registered User Join Date: May 2012

She told me that a friend of hers works in a doctors practice and that GBC had come into the practice the day before Allison was reported missing, ie. Wednesday, and that he had scratches on his face. This would indicate that if he had other scratches on his body at all, maybe they were sustained at the same time - Wednesday or before

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7871205&highlight=gbc+doctor#post7871205

IF he went to the doctor that Thursday morning then he probably went to the chemist from the doc.

Globe, what are you basing your thoughts on? Have you seen water over that bottom pipe in normal weather conditions (not the Jan floods)?

That bottom pipe has quite a bit of clearance at high tide but there is a waterline on it that could have been from flooding IMO

Hi Mani,

I'm only guessing (perhaps wrongly) from the media photo of the bank looking downstream directly at pipes (the one showing police/SES clean-up crew after vegetation was slashed - sorry, I should try to find link but haven't time right now), plus comments describing the geocache in that spot requiring geocache searchers to access the area via kayak ONLY at high tide.

Regarding the latter I assume searchers are meant to climb atop the lower pipe to access the bank to find the geocache. If that assumption is true, the pipe or pipes would partially obstruct the creek in flood.

Happy to stand corrected. MOO
Cheers :)

I'm just a bit shocked that the judge would actually show that he was annoyed with the police.... infront of the defence. I know, it's the way it is, but to me it's like giving the defence a bit of 'something' to enjoy.

Magistrates and Judges quite often give prosecutors, defence and police investigators a 'rocket'. Their comments can be very scathing and belittling at times.

There is one local judge who seems to take great delight in delivering a withering verbal tirade at lawyers when they stuff up. Especially when the gallery is full of law students....IMO!!

The wonderful ceremony of Shrimant, is also referred to as called “Kholo bharvano” in Gujarati.* It literally means "to fill the lap of the expectant lady" with auspicious items.* Usually, this is one of the few “female only” functions.* In our progressive times, with equal rights for all, now we often celebrate this with everyone from the family being present on the occasion.

???

The wonderful ceremony of Shrimant, is also referred to as called “Kholo bharvano” in Gujarati.* It literally means "to fill the lap of the expectant lady" with auspicious items.* Usually, this is one of the few “female only” functions.* In our progressive times, with equal rights for all, now we often celebrate this with everyone from the family being present on the occasion.

???

Interesting isn't it possum...I just read that then looked an Ipswich Council site....kind of odd...

UGLY CREEK: Now called Kholo

http://www.ipswich.qld.gov.au/documents/heritage/place_names_origins.pdf

Hi Doc,

I am reposting a post I did on the last thread yesterday or day before - re information in relation to blood ageing. Would appreciate any comments.

I have found a couple of articles which may be of interest in relation to the ability to 'age' bloodstains. The first one is from 2006 and sounded promising, insofar as my ability to interpret scientific data is concerned, and the second attachment pdf is in relation to an instrument developed to read and age the bloodstains to assist forensics. So it seems that the process, if not already available is well on the way.

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/213892.pdf

Hi KG1 - yes, that one from 2006 is the technique that I'd heard about a few years ago, using RNA degradation. I don't know that it ever went anywhere or fulfilled its promise.

I asked one of my contacts today about the ageing of blood stains, and it is still, apparently, highly unreliable. I have also emailed another contact in the UK for more information from the point of view of the Police Scientific Service, but so far haven't heard back. One of the questions I asked was whether or not the results of any testing were admissible in court.

Incidentally, it should be noted that a lot of the laboratory forensic testing here is done by the Police Scientific Service in their own labs, while the forensic pathology is carried out by the Forensic and Scientific Services (FSS) on the campus of Griffith University. Two separate institutions. The FSS is the one that used to be called the John Tonge Centre - but actually hasn't been called that officially now for several years.

If I hear back from the UK re the lab testing of blood stains to determine their age, I'll post the answer.

And of course I'm talking about stains more than a couple of hours old - that first 2-3 hours has certain changes in the form of coagulation and the formation of fibrin, etc etc (it gets complicated) that can give a pretty good idea of the age. But once that stage has passed, I'm not sure that stains - especially when "rubbed in" to material like a carpet, car lining material, etc can be aged accurately.

Hi Mani,

I'm only guessing (perhaps wrongly) from the media photo of the bank looking downstream directly at pipes (the one showing police/SES clean-up crew after vegetation was slashed - sorry, I should try to find link but haven't time right now), plus comments describing the geocache in that spot requiring geocache searchers to access the area via kayak ONLY at high tide.

Regarding the latter I assume searchers are meant to climb atop the lower pipe to access the bank to find the geocache. If that assumption is true, the pipe or pipes would partially obstruct the creek in flood.

Happy to stand corrected. MOO
Cheers :)

Geocatcher found it with a welded ankle and a dog. Can't be that hard. No way I would climb the pipes. NO WAY. Nope

Yeah, but he forgot to take note that this guy got caught. :floorlaugh:

I hate to give anyone ideas, but if that bloke had stuck with his plan but instead of throttling/drowning her had hit her head on the side of the bath then held her under water he may have been off scott free.

What are the chances of the Face time call being obtained... all the gory details? Is it something that CAN be done?

Oh I hope so, it really will be the money shot then haha.

A huge possibility IMO, given that he googled 'taking the fifth' which relates to the 5th amendment of the American Constitution.

But his father, NBC, was professionally involved in the insurance game. I'm guessing a conversation may have recently transpired in which GBC asked his dad how much ABC's life insurance was worth and what its conditions might be ... MOO.

Not sure, but there are more and more forensic devices being developed very quickly, to keep up with the ever changing advances in technology.

Hi KG1 - yes, that one from 2006 is the technique that I'd heard about a few years ago, using RNA degradation. I don't know that it ever went anywhere or fulfilled its promise.

I asked one of my contacts today about the ageing of blood stains, and it is still, apparently, highly unreliable. I have also emailed another contact in the UK for more information from the point of view of the Police Scientific Service, but so far haven't heard back. One of the questions I asked was whether or not the results of any testing were admissible in court.

Incidentally, it should be noted that a lot of the laboratory forensic testing here is done by the Police Scientific Service in their own labs, while the forensic pathology is carried out by the Forensic and Scientific Services (FSS) on the campus of Griffith University. Two separate institutions. The FSS is the one that used to be called the John Tonge Centre - but actually hasn't been called that officially now for several years.

If I hear back from the UK re the lab testing of blood stains to determine their age, I'll post the answer.

And of course I'm talking about stains more than a couple of hours old - that first 2-3 hours has certain changes in the form of coagulation and the formation of fibrin, etc etc (it gets complicated) that can give a pretty good idea of the age. But once that stage has passed, I'm not sure that stains - especially when "rubbed in" to material like a carpet, car lining material, etc can be aged accurately.

Thank you sir!

I'm still most curious about the blood and hair evidence.....and how QPS is tying this to murder?? Will be interesting to see the details. Eventually.

Would you (please and kindly???) also ask about the hair banding questions? Can you really tell if a strand of hair is from ante mortem/post mortem? And is this admissible in (Australian) court?

I never considered Rohypnol - but that makes sense is it detectable after wards and for how long?
Silly GBC ? Really:skip:

funny. benzo's make me wired. but they've knocked men 3 times my size to the ground. pseudoephidrine makes me extremely sleepy while others will abuse it as a pick me up. I suffer from narcolepsy though & P.O.T.S..so I would add that it makes sense I'd react differently to certian medications.
On topic, Rational - remember our ASIC searches pergaps 25 threads back, we were so on point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici