IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder why she didn't take her cell ?

Well in one of the last interviews, her mother said that Lyric was supposed to text her from her grandmother's cell. So another discrepancy in reporting? Maybe Lyric didn't have a phone?

:waitasec:

MOO

Thanks for your post. I didn't stop to remember that in a small town, you notice things more simply because you don't see strangers as often as you do in a bigger town.

I think Evansdale is more of a suburb or bedroom community than a small town. It shares city limits with Waterloo, which is one of the larger cities in Iowa (when you count Cedar Falls, which also shares a city limit with Waterloo).

My impression from having been there about ten years ago is that Evansdale is busier than my own small town, which is nowhere near a large urban area.

where is the road work happening? I know this is a file photo.

The road work is happening on the highway that runs parallel to the southern part of the lake trail where the bikes were found.

Remember yesterday on JVM when it was reported that the bikes were found on a dirt path - That would be a dirt path going from Evans/Arbutus cutting thru the trees there to the lake path. I believe something took place right there! And the girls were possibly put in a car at Evans/Arbutus.

Do these come in women's sizes? Neither of those girls would be wearing a toddler sized shoe -and- IMO I find it very hard to believe that this style would be made to fit women sizes.

IMO, JMO, MOO

I think the girls are probably too big for toddler sizes, and too small for women's sizes, at least the littler girl. So far, I've only found them in the toddler sizes (1-5 yrs old.) Either they described an old pair of flip flops, maybe just a memory thing due to stress, or these aren't the pair, or the pair comes in larger sizes that for whatever reason, I can't find on the internet, or the little girl (like my daughter) has extremely small feet for her age. I'm guessing #1 or #2.

Remember yesterday on JVM when it was reported that the bikes were found on a dirt path - That would be a dirt path going from Evans/Arbutus cutting thru the trees there to the lake path. I believe something took place right there! And the girls were possibly put in a car at Evans/Arbutus.

I am thinking JVM was confusing the "nature trail" and calling it a dirt path. again, iowa is establishing n"nature trails" across the state for recreational use. they most generenerally run along roads, through parks, along lakes and rivers, and nest to corn fields.

Does the man, who was watering his lawn and saw the girls, live on that street parallel to the lake? He and his wife were supposedly outside that day. I wonder what else they saw?

I think the girls are probably too big for toddler sizes, and too small for women's sizes, at least the littler girl. So far, I've only found them in the toddler sizes (1-5 yrs old.) Either they described an old pair of flip flops, maybe just a memory thing due to stress, or these aren't the pair, or the pair comes in larger sizes that for whatever reason, I can't find on the internet, or the little girl (like my daughter) has extremely small feet for her age. I'm guessing #1 or #2.

The reports that I have read/heard are that Elizabeth wears a size 6 shoe, which would be a woman's size 6/child's size 4.5, I believe, and that Lyric wears either a woman's size 9 or woman's size 11. Neither of which would be completely outrageous, as kids feet tend to grow fast when they are getting toward puberty.

JMOO

Hollye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am thinking JVM was confusing the "nature trail" and calling it a dirt path. again, iowa is establishing n"nature trails" across the state for recreational use. they most generenerally run along roads, through parks, along lakes and rivers, and nest to corn fields.

From pictures that I have seen, the nature trail around the lake appeared to be compacted dirt, not asphalt as I was originally imagining it to be,

Hollye

Well in one of the last interviews, her mother said that Lyric was supposed to text her from her grandmother's cell. So another discrepancy in reporting? Maybe Lyric didn't have a phone?

:waitasec:

MOO

The mother stated she did have a cell, but not with her that day. Elizabeth's phone, that was found, was only for playing games on. Does that mean it wouldn't ping? Just curious.

Wish we knew what her purse looked like?

Does the man, who was watering his lawn and saw the girls, live on that street parallel to the lake? He and his wife were supposedly outside that day. I wonder what else they saw?

Yes, They said he lives on the 1000 block of Lake Ave. So if you look at that picture again, you can see Lake Ave (it's a short street) right there off of Evans.

An FBI spokeswoman says dogs assisting in the search for two Iowa cousins have picked up the girls' scents near an Iowa lake where their bicycles had been found.

Sandy Breault says there are no witness reports to confirm the girls were at the lake less than a mile from their grandmother's house where they were last reported seen Friday. But she says the reaction from the dogs Monday night indicated a "strong possibility" they had been in the area.

Some family members initially suspected 8-year-old Elizabeth Collins and 10-year-old Lyric Cook-Morrissey were abducted elsewhere and their bikes dumped at the lake.
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/national_world&id=8738969

purely for information/mapping purposes only, the neighboring watering , I believe the address to be at 1020 Lake. on corner at Evans

purely for information/mapping purposes only, the neighboring watering , I believe the address to be at 1020 Lake. on corner at Evans

Thanks! Got it!

Hollye

I must be blind or misread earlier.....is there a livestream link for the news conference?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member