IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
bumping this up...
please do not bash the family of the missing children. They are victims and have not been named suspects in this case. There is also a reason why we ask for main stream media links and pictures... do not post twitter posts or pictures unless they are from main stream media. This thread will be closed for a few minutes until everyone has had a chance to read this and get back on track.

:bump:

Exactly. I don't understand how they can be smiling so happily, with the girls being missing, possibly dead, quite possibly raped and tortured. How can they be all happy and smiling and sitting in bar and posting pix to their social networks at a time like this? I guess I am sadder about the girls being missing than they are.

If you believe your girls are safe and well, it would be hard to be sad.

We don't know what they know.

:moo:

Thought -- there is a website that if you are so inclined, you can use a photo to search the internet. In turn, the engine will cough up anywhere else it knows that same photo showed up, and find its history for you. I discovered via this engine that several book covers are essentially the same photo, slightly modified (or not, in the case of laziness). Shall we give it a go with Misty's bar shot?

http://www.tineye.com/

Send me the photo pls I'll search it now. :)

Sorry to quote myself (blush)
I found the image in question and submitted it to tineye.com to see if their site could match it to any other photos online. Sadly, it could not. I still can't say it wasn't shopped -- but at least I can say that I tried to verify its origin.

It was originally tweeted by Gary184, but was RETWEETED by both a CNN reporter and a local reporter. I can go find those tweets. Since media retweeted it, does that mean we can discuss it?

Lyric loves gymnastics and watching the Disney Channel, Haley said.

Lyric, Kaley and another cousin gave themselves the nickname the “Bradford Badboys,” after a music video from one of their favorite bands, One Direction.

Lyric always has a smile on her face, said Rick Edwards, the youth director at Countryside Vineyard Church, where Lyric and her mother, Misty Cook-Morrissey, attended church.

Elizabeth, called “Lizzy” by most, has a grin for everyone and likes to talk to anyone who will listen, friends and family say.

Elizabeth was home-schooled in second grade. The next year she attended Poyner Elementary School in Evansdale, part of the Waterloo school district.

“She was so social,” said Angel Munson, Elizabeth’s third-grade teacher. “She was always the last one to finish her lunch because she was always talking. I’d be like, ‘Come on, Liz, get moving,’ and she’d give me that smile.”

Munson last talked to Elizabeth three or four weeks ago.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20120722/NEWS/307220057/0/sports/?odyssey=nav|head

Attachments

• Playing horseshoes.png
    Playing horseshoes.png
    369.8 KB · Views: 129
  • Lyric with father Dan.png
    Lyric with father Dan.png
    447.2 KB · Views: 132
If you believe your girls are safe and well, it would be hard to be sad.

We don't know what they know.

:moo:

I would still be on pins and needles until they were returned home safely. JMO

That was a vigil they went to. So why the vigil if the girls are safe and well?

BBM This kind of goes along with that photo in the bar. The demeanor that is. I find it interesting.

I'm hoping that bc of the Mother's addiction issues that she is medicated to help her cope with this situation and not revert back to illegal drug use. And that her behavior is a result of meds administered to help her through.

elepher50, thanks for reminding us of the two little girls who are missing.

Over the years I have found that it takes LE a very long time before they go from a child is believed to be alive to they believe the child is deceased.

I agree Patty.

In fact I cant remember one case at the moment where any LE came out when only one week had passed and said they thought the child victim had met with foul play and was deceased.

Much time passes before they ever get to that point.

IMO

I would still be on pins and needles until they were returned home safely. JMO

That was a vigil they went to. So why the vigil if the girls are safe and well?

Appearances, I suppose. LE may have instructed MCM to 'act as if'.

Please do not bash the family of the missing children. They are victims and have not been named suspects n this case. There is a reason we ask for main stream media links and pics. Although not perfect it does cut down on a lot of rumor.

Thank you.

Ima

There is someone on one of the girls fb pages that said they were at the park but saw nothing. HELLO people, police want to talk to you. It could be about evidence not just if you saw them.

According to Grandmother, Misty's second poly to be scheduled:

Cook also confirmed Misty Morrissey, her daughter and Cook-Morrissey’s mother, will have to take another polygraph test after some results on the first one proved inconclusive. The polygraph has yet to be scheduled, Cook said. “But it is going to be, nobody is going to scream at her before or after like they have before,” Cook said. “She has cooperated fully all along, except for this other polygraph, with what they did to her with the screamin’ for three hours.” Cook added that the family remains hopeful that the girls will be returned. “We just want to bring them home safe. And soon,” Cook said. “We are tired of waiting.”

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/FBI-Asking-for-Publics-Help-in-Case-of-Missing-Girls-163351506.html

""There was a gentleman who regularly runs around the lake. He didn’t see either one of the girls ... but he did see their bikes and he was able to pinpoint the time of the day that he saw the bikes. Small details like this are really important to the investigation,” she said.""

Read More: http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/fb...2b1-11e1-8f0b-0019bb2963f4.html#ixzz21OvACwHc

So sounds like police believe the biker 100% but what about the neighborhood couple?

They're now asking for anyone who was even AT the lake that day to come forward and speak with police - if they were there for any reason at all -- then they asked for anyone who was fishing etc to come forward -- I think they have other witnesses who have come forward who have told them still about others they saw there that day, or who reported they knew someone who was going to go there that day etc -- and those are the ones they need to hear from. I wonder if maybe there was an ice cream truck at the lake that afternoon? Perhaps the kids dropped their bikes and ran because they heard it's tune and were snatched like that? I don't know of course -- just purely speculative, but its possible. They're saying people may not think whatever they saw is relevant because they didn't see the kids -- but it could be completely relevant!

This makes me think they may think that someone set some sort of trap - something to lure kids, and when they found their victims, they made off with them. I've often heard it said that sometimes the best cover is in plain sight. Perhaps they're looking for someone who was cutting the lawn that day, someone who was playing sports at the park there that day, someone who was fishing might have approached the kids -- someone in plain sight who no one would think of as looking out of place or suspicious!

I think they know something, but they need more info to tie it together. Maybe more info to confront a POI with? I am not sure -- but I bet someone was right there, in plain sight, and acted like he knew the kids, or something and just lured them away.

Also, I noticed, they are still focused on the lake area. They're not asking for people to come forward from the other parts of town (around Lederman's for instance). They want people who were at the lake -- so they must now think the kids actually did make it to the lake, and were riding that trail when something happened. :(

Just some thoughts...

:moo: :moo: :moo: :moo: :moo:

Maybe someone wasn't "acting" like he knew the kids. Maybe he did know one of them. I think it is almost certain that it was someone who did not look out of place or suspicious. Otherwise, we would have heard about it.

Maybe the FBI wants to ask people who they DID see that Friday. Maybe they want to show them a picture of someone and ask, "Did you see this person at that lake? When? Where? Doing what?"

I think that there is a reason that the spokesperson at the presser on Saturday and today was a woman from the FBI and not Rick Abben. I feel that they have a POI and they are sending a messsage to that POI. I don't try to read anything into Sandra Breault's body language, myself. I believe that she knows exactly what she's doing and she's doing it for a reason. Just like everything else that I've written this is only my opinion, but I don't think they have anything concrete that leds them to believe these two girls are alive. I think they have a POI that they believe or know has commited crimes against a child or children in his past and he has never killed a victim. Based on that information, they may believe that he would not go that far with Elizabeth and Lyric, either. I have to wonder, though, if they have a POI, do they not know where he is right now? If they did and they believed that these girls were alive, he would have to be feeding them so he would have to go to the place he is keeping them. In that case, it seems to me that they would know where the girls were located. I wonder if anyone that was even remotely involved in this case has disappeared (as gone on a sudden unexpected vacation to parts unknown) in the past 3 or 4 days?

I have too many thoughts running through my head (because there is so much empty space there, I suppose :eek: ).

Who would walk up to a missing child's mother and ask to take a picture of her? And why? So the person can post said picture and tell people to look at the mother of a missing child who is out on the town smiling and isn't she awful? I wonder if the person taking the picture said, "Smile"? Honestly, I do wonder about the motive of whoever would took this picture of Misty.

Just some thoughts...

:moo: :moo: :moo: :moo: :moo:

Maybe someone wasn't "acting" like he knew the kids. Maybe he did know one of them. I think it is almost certain that it was someone who did not look out of place or suspicious. Otherwise, we would have heard about it.

Maybe the FBI wants to ask people who they DID see that Friday. Maybe they want to show them a picture of someone and ask, "Did you see this person at that lake? When? Where? Doing what?"

I think that there is a reason that the spokesperson at the presser on Saturday and today was a woman from the FBI and not Rick Abben. I feel that they have a POI and they are sending a messsage to that POI. I don't try to read anything into Sandra Breault's body language, myself. I believe that she knows exactly what she's doing and she's doing it for a reason. Just like everything else that I've written this is only my opinion, but I don't think they have anything concrete that leds them to believe these two girls are alive. I think they have a POI that they believe or know has commited crimes against a child or children in his past and he has never killed a victim. Based on that information, they may believe that he would not go that far with Elizabeth and Lyric, either. I have to wonder, though, if they have a POI, do they not know where he is right now? If they did and they believed that these girls were alive, he would have to be feeding them so he would have to go to the place he is keeping them. In that case, it seems to me that they would know where the girls were located. I wonder if anyone that was even remotely involved in this case has disappeared (as gone on a sudden unexpected vacation to parts unknown) in the past 3 or 4 days?

I have too many thoughts running through my head (because there is so much empty space there, I suppose :eek: ).

You raise a lot of good points for sure! I am suspicious now more than ever that it is someone related / knows the family because media were asking about text messages and Ms. Breault couldn't answer the questions. Maybe they think the kids are texting someone? Or someone is texting someone else about the kids? Not sure. I can think of a thousand ways a person could hide in the open at a lake (as a fisherman, as a runner, cyclist, security guard....)... but can only see that the kids would have gone with someone they must have somehow known. :(

Thank you. I was honestly expecting the answer to be "no"!

I'm going to have to ponder a few thing's said in video interviews I have seen now......:waitasec:

As far as we know - because it has never ben stated one way or the other - no.

I posted about that too. As far as we know no one even so much as yelled for them even though they were told the kids had been seen there @2:45 (whether accurate or not) nor did they search or they would have found the bikes themselves. Police were notified about 3:00.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph