*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daily mail? Should it even be considered msm? His mother through the lawyer denied everything that article tries to attribute to her.
This was posted by them 12:36 EST, 24 July 2012 no? Are u referring to Abc thing?

Why the Mail is one of my "go-to" sources is simply because, as traditionally tabloids always have, it concerns itself with crime stories - and that is our chief interest at WS.

IMHO it was not an act and you do not need meds to look like this.
ALL his pictures show us expressions that say "This guy is off"
The red hair was part of his show time get up.
but his face is not a mask, it is what it is. He is a mess...
He belongs behind a lock and key.

I can see it not being an act either tbh.
I take on board what you are saying, then I'm factoring in on top of that a huge crash to the system (after all the adrenalin he would have been running on that terrible day) plus a come down from whatever drugs he had in his system. It really doesn't suprise me that he looked the way he did.

IMO, this man is not insane.

When arrested he was sane and coherent.

He knew his constitutional rights and asked for an attorney right away.

imo

MY MI Daughter can act so in control and sane..
she once convinced the Dr. that She is just fine and I need care. Yes it took a couple of days and they have it now on her record. She can’t manipulate anyone in the hospital again.
THIS IS NOT uncommon.
We know a guy when his mom called 911 he had her removed because she was nervous, but he calmed down smiled and said "Do I look crazy to you? Look at her she is shaking" THIS IS CLASSIC...
I have been asked to teach the courses for MI - I took many courses, because I have a bipolar daughter.

MY MI Daughter can act so in control and sane..
she once convinced the Dr. that She is just fine and I need care. Yes it took a couple of days and they have it now on her record. She can’t manipulate anyone in the hospital again.
THIS IS NOT uncommon.
We know a guy when his mom called 911 he had her removed because she was nervous, but he calmed down smiled and said "Do I look crazy to you? Look at her she is shaking" THIS IS CLASSIC...
I have been asked to teach the courses for MI - I took many courses, because I have a bipolar daughter.

So true- and sorry to hear about your daughter; the manipulative and convincing side of MI people is very scary-I have a sister with it.

I got into lots of stuff with my hang up on quote being "you have your man" indicating to me that mom knows how sick her child is and that family has struggled for years with his illness. I expressed my notions regarding this for some time! Now breaking:

as his mother admits she had feared he was disturbed ( I found this adjective compelling!) for years'

I think, IMO, as it relates to lots of dialog being about we have no information from family regarding his history IMO, this is what we need, a family member finally confirming, his chronic mental health issues No?

I shared my notions, the last 48 hours, surrounding family knowing about his mental illness for years, that he has a long history of medication noncompliance, and that mom, as result of being a nurse knows what his problems are

mother reveals she had urged him to seek help years before attack

And... we all gotta , quietly admit , that the old adage "mom knows best" might apply here is it relates to there being no speculation any longer regarding his mental health status .

As far as post earlier regarding spitting, whoever asked for link for this angle of the story report:

'He was spitting at the door and spitting at the guards,' a released inmate said outside the jail. 'He’s spitting at everything. Dude was acting crazy.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...its-feared-disturbed-years.html#ixzz21Z2nd23o

Just sharing new details and as it relates to Daily mail -----with Luka and Michael J and Amy Winehouse a lot of their stuff panned out

MOTHERS KNO LONG BEFORE THE DOCTORS DO.

I think the parents were also in a strained relationship because of the son.
I think Mom Knew
I think Dad was in denial.

Can I give you a link? NO….

This is in the MSM today:

"The gunman who allegedly killed 12 people during a screening of The Dark Knight Rises in Aurora, Colorado was due to be kicked out of his apartment and may have broken up with a girlfriend in the days before his shooting spree, it has emerged."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...es-shooting-spree-Colorado.html#ixzz21YiEuVpp

Does anyone have any leads on who the girlfriend is?

This information about the girlfriend may have sprung from a posting on TMZ's web site. They claimed to have spoken to 3 females from that "Adult Friend Finder" web site who said they were contacted by Holmes in the days leading up to the shooting spree, and they all turned him down. I haven't heard anything else about a girlfriend. The neighbours that were interviewed said he was a bit of a loner and never mentioned seeing him with a girl...

Link: http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/23/james-holmes-colorado-shooter-sex-adult-friend-finder-rejected/

Granted that's TMZ. Take it with a grain of salt.

I will NOT believe the Daily Mail "facts" unless it's reported by a more respectable news agency. For days, DM was reporting the 6 year old victim's mother was despondent when told her daughter had passed. It was just reported yesterday (?) that she was finally told. After a couple of days DM updated their story to the correct version.

JH mother did not say "you have your man." According to her atty's statement yesterday, she ONLY confirmed he was her son. Everything else was taken out of context and/or completely misrepresented for sensationalism. Since they wouldn't even talk about their son at all during the press conference yesterday, I doubt she is telling DM (or their sources) she was convinced for years he would do this. And that article even has the audacity to say since she was a nurse she is feeling guilty because she could have averted this tragedy. Really?

It does when we are discussing legal insanity defense. If you don't know right from wrong, why would you ask for legal representation?

Because most people know that it is their right to legal counsel. Its conditioned in to many people from a fairly young age when they cover the legal system in school.

At the moment we don't know if this person is mentally ill or not, but from my limited exerience of mental illness, I have seen people have episodes where they seem to have no control/understanding of what they are doing and then moments of clarity.

I think this movie is going DVD.
No more theater exposure. :waitasec:

I remember the first one it was scary movie....
This one has a stigma to it now.
Thats funny online in two days !

I think Mom Knew

Holmes' mother is now claiming the comment "You have the right person" was actually in reference to the reporter asking about her own name, and not about her son; and that the reporter got it wrong. Just to clarify.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/10384/20120724/james-holmes-mother-arlene.htm

Not sure if this has been posted

HLN News and ViewsVerified ‏@HLNTV
Warner Bros. makes donation to Aurora victims http://on.hln.tv/7YgBoY via @ShowbizTonight

I think Mom Knew

I agree totally with piece about strained marriage mom a nurse , dad logical, MI is hard on families, esp if a family member does not believe any of it is valid , real, impactful, painful, scary..............
headline:

Dark Knight gunman 'used police evidence bags as hand puppets during his arrest - as his mother admits she feared he was disturbed for years'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ushome/index.html

And, speaking of, here's the latest collection of possibly disputable yet undeniably interesting "facts" from DM, lol:

Dark Knight gunman 'used police evidence bags as hand puppets during
his arrest - as his mother admits she had feared he was disturbed for years'

Note the chartacterisitic "upside-down commas" that bracket the headline - that's Mail's none-too-coy signal that these are allegations, not yet, what could we say, set in stone.
Confused does single quotes mean something more than a typo lord knows I hate typing!

Confused does single quotes mean something more than a typo lord knows I hate typing!
No, it's just, for one thing, a way Daily Mail can avoid litigation - by noting that the phrase in question contains information reported though not yet entirely legitimized. They do this all the time on crime stories. On the advice, I'm sure, of the paper's attorneys.

Why the Mail is one of my "go-to" sources is simply because, as traditionally tabloids always have, it concerns itself with crime stories - and that is our chief interest at WS.

They do cover crime stories, that's true.

However, as far as the Daily Mail goes, I don't think it is the most reliable newspaper over here. I would always look to The Guardian and the Daily Telegraph as more relaible sources.

Don't get me wrong, I do read occassionally it. But sometimes you have to take it with a pinch of salt. Its overly sensationalist and can be biased.

This sums up the Daily Mail: [video=youtube;5eBT6OSr1TI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eBT6OSr1TI[/video]

Don't get me wrong, I do read occassionally it. But sometimes you have to take it with a pinch of salt. Its overly sensationalist and can be biased.
Can be very biased, as their headlines almost always, when dealing with immigrants, point out that fact and thus signal their political viewpoint, i.e., anti-immigration. I'd much rather quote the Guardian but they rarely cover crime, especially breaking crime stories.

A good "follow" on Twitter is @DMReporter, which regularly lampoons the Mail's more-than-occasional outlandishness.

I will NOT believe the Daily Mail "facts" unless it's reported by a more respectable news agency. For days, DM was reporting the 6 year old victim's mother was despondent when told her daughter had passed. It was just reported yesterday (?) that she was finally told. After a couple of days DM updated their story to the correct version.

JH mother did not say "you have your man." According to her atty's statement yesterday, she ONLY confirmed he was her son. Everything else was taken out of context and/or completely misrepresented for sensationalism. Since they wouldn't even talk about their son at all during the press conference yesterday, I doubt she is telling DM (or their sources) she was convinced for years he would do this. And that article even has the audacity to say since she was a nurse she is feeling guilty because she could have averted this tragedy. Really?

BBM -

Thank you. That was my immediate thought. Yesterday they were guiding their privacy (where hubby is/was, what their travel plans are, how they were feeling, etc. etc. etc. etc).....and now they're being interviewed and saying she was concerned for years????

Nope, media taking it and running...sensationalism.

Until I see a video of her saying that, I'm not going to believe it at this point.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member