LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I remember is mud leading into the water. The tracks were in the mud up to the water line, and may have continued into the water as a depression. I've heard that there is a distance the lip continues in the water before the steep drop-off. It was this photo that made me imagine BSL might have backed up the truck to the water, and then stood on the back of the truck to toss the bike out as far as possible into the water. I've got a very good memory, and am certain I saw the tracks.

The lip doesn't go into the water. It's 15 feet above the water.

I don't know what photo you saw, but maybe it's a media mixup.
I've been to the site many times. You cannot back a truck down to the water. It's not physically possible.

Now considering that he may have backed his truck up to the edge of the lip and stood in the bed and thrown it.... I actually hadn't considered it. Imagining the place in my mind, it would have to have been a hell of a throw - but not impossible.

But I can tell you that the truck was not backed into the water.

justwannahelp, I remember your messages at the time. You were very reassuring that there was probably more going on than people knew. They were comforting because it was a very frustrating time, and there was a lot of talk on WS about the case going cold.

i was comforted by all the chatter that i read while lurking on TD, but was too afraid to post it on WS. so i just kept telling everyone that i was hanging my hat on that rumor and that if the arrest wasn't made by Thursday or Friday then I was going back to being hopeless. then what do you know? they arrested him on Thursday.

in the young TD poster's defense. he didn't really LEAK the name BSL. he was trying to comfort the TD community by saying an arrest was coming. someone asked if it was the sil's boyfriend that he was worried about the month before in a totally different thread. that's when the TD poster panicked and started removing all his posts and asked the mod to delete the thread. i don't think he expected the members to be able to guess WHO the perp was. he was just saying that an arrest was coming, which in hindsight may have been a little much.

The area in the photo didn't look like the boat launch area (drop off?), but along the sides of the water where the mud is. Is it possible to get a vehicle down there?

That was probably a photo from the east end of the exit area.

You cannot drive a truck down to the water on the western end where the bike was found.

The only way BSL did that was if he is Yoda and levitated it.

:saber:

I know that Mickey must have a lot of prayers being heard *up there* - we just need the angels to shine a light on her temporary resting place right now.:heart:

Please God help Tim Miller and all the searchers find this sweet beautiful girl today. :rose:

lunapic_134323802665354_20.gif

i was comforted by all the chatter that i read while lurking on TD, but was too afraid to post it on WS. so i just kept telling everyone that i was hanging my hat on that rumor and that if the arrest wasn't made by Thursday or Friday then I was going back to being hopeless. then what do you know? they arrested him on Thursday.

in the young TD poster's defense. he didn't really LEAK the name BSL. he was trying to comfort the TD community by saying an arrest was coming. someone asked if it was the sil's boyfriend that he was worried about the month before in a totally different thread. that's when the TD poster panicked and started removing all his posts and asked the mod to delete the thread. i don't think he expected the members to be able to guess WHO the perp was. he was just saying that an arrest was coming, which in hindsight may have been a little much.
I remember the poster on TD was being repeatedly asked by someone else on TD who the person who was about to be arrested was, and that was when he said it was someone they had been discussing 5 weeks earlier. I looked back at the comments and saw the name and link to BSL's RSO website, and saw the truck he was driving. That was when I strongly suspected it had to be him. Shortly after I saw the name was when the posters on TD started deleted everything.

would mace leave a rash though? i thought it would just make your eyes burn and swell. but it doesn't actually leave an awful rash like poison ivy.

it would be helpful to know when he went to Op General because they don't talk about his rash at Ochsner, so i wonder if that could help out timewise with his whereabouts?

MACE exposure - RightDiagnosis.com

www.rightdiagnosis.com/medical/mace_exposure.htm

Feb 1, 2012 – MACE exposure symptoms, causes, diagnosis, and treatment information for MACE exposure (Chemical poisoning - Chloroacetophenone) with alternative ...
Rash, Fever, Pain, Headache, Fatigue, Diarrhea, All checklists

One reason I don't think BL will reveal where Mickey is relates to her cause of death. If he ever confesses, which I doubt, he will probably try to make it into some type of accident, as he tried to downplay his prior conviction, and finding Mickey's body would probably dispute his "accidental death" explanation. I think he probably filed that bit to get the RSO status removed in an effort to convince his girlfriend that he had been "set up" then too.

I just don't think this is a guy who is ever going to confess to anything he does; Mickey will have to be found through efforts of searchers, or by a random person.

I remember the poster on TD was being repeatedly asked by someone else on TD who the person who was about to be arrested was, and that was when he said it was someone they had been discussing 5 weeks earlier. I looked back at the comments and saw the name and link to BSL's RSO website, and saw the truck he was driving. That was when I knew it had to be him. Shortly after I saw the name was when the posters on TD started deleted everything.

Twas a crazy time, indeed. I'm so glad you copied it before it was poofed into disappearance. It's the only thing that kept me from a minidepression that week. Everyone was feeling so doom and gloom, and people weren't coming to her thread any longer.

a good question i saw on a site that i was lurking: since we THINK there was something in the trailer connecting BSL to LP's murder, where do you suppose he hid his "souvenirs" while he was in Jail for 8 years? a safety deposit box? but if a safety deposit box, then why weren't his momentos in a safety deposit box recently? we don't know that LE didn't empty a SD Box of his recently, however it seems like most things were found in his trailer.

how did he find the time to hide well his souvenirs before being arrested in 2000? would he have had "notice" before being arrested for the rape?

is it possible that his mom packed up his place at Fort Polk and just didn't go THROUGH any of his things? so that when he got out in 2008, his box of things was all packed up safely for him undisturbed?

Sorry if this has been addressed, I fell behind and trying to catch up. I don't see BSL putting any potential evidence in a safe deposit box. A fire box, maybe. Then, yes, his family could of packed it away without realizing the importance. Most country folks don't have a lot of faith in banks. The majority of the older people I know either have a safe in their home or use the old mattress trick. What doesn't fit under the mattress gets buried in the back yard.

One reason I don't think BL will reveal where Mickey is relates to her cause of death. If he ever confesses, which I doubt, he will probably try to make it into some type of accident, as he tried to downplay his prior conviction, and finding Mickey's body would probably dispute his "accidental death" explanation. I think he probably filed that bit to get the RSO status removed in an effort to convince his girlfriend that he had been "set up" then too.

I just don't think this is a guy who is ever going to confess to anything he does; Mickey will have to be found through efforts of searchers, or by a random person.

I really don't think he will confess without it being some sort of plea deal. If he confesses as some sort of plea deal, I would imagine the DA would insist that it includes coming clean on everything, including where Mickey is. If I were a betting man, I don't know that I would put a wager on that happening though and if it does, its likely a ways down the road.

Maybe just maybe IF he gets the DP for LP's murder he may talk IF he has a heart or IF he is interested in living rather than dying by lethal injection. Like "wellll they got me on LP anyway, so I might as well tell the Shunick's where she is" Am I being naive here? I wonder if they catch him at the right time. I'm sensing he flip flops between a person with some sort of feelings to a person with none. Foxfire may be able to shed some light on this.

Also, I wonder if he was medicated for a mental illness of some sort. I wonder if a Psychiatrist will reevaluate him and put him on difft meds or a combo of meds. If so, i wonder if they will change him in any way?

MACE exposure - RightDiagnosis.com

www.rightdiagnosis.com/medical/mace_exposure.htm

Feb 1, 2012 – MACE exposure symptoms, causes, diagnosis, and treatment information for MACE exposure (Chemical poisoning - Chloroacetophenone) with alternative ...
Rash, Fever, Pain, Headache, Fatigue, Diarrhea, All checklists

http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...hgfAAAAIBAJ&sjid=DZwEAAAAIBAJ&pg=7197,5166660

A team of Miami Doctors found the tear gas spray causes severe skin rashes that show up as long as 16 days after contact

I really don't think he will confess without it being some sort of plea deal. If he confesses as some sort of plea deal, I would imagine the DA would insist that it includes coming clean on everything, including where Mickey is. If I were a betting man, I don't know that I would put a wager on that happening though and if it does, its likely a ways down the road.

What does he have to gain? He's likely looking at two life sentences, minimum.

What's the appeal process in Louisiana?

If he gets two death sentences, he'd outlive the appeals processes.

He has zero to gain. The only thing he'd bargain for would be the possibility of parole, IMO. I can't see that even being offered.

I'm just thinking that in the 24 hours following abducting Mickey, BSL had to get gas somewhere because of all the mileage he was putting on the truck. Maybe LE has pinpointed where his debit cards, gas cards or just simply video of him at a station. I'm assuming he would pay at the pump to keep from going inside a station with the bleeding wounds, etc all over him.

He has zero to gain. The only thing he'd bargain for would be the possibility of parole, IMO. I can't see that even being offered.

life in prison versus lethal injection??

He took a plea before. Let's see what the DA comes up with, if anything. They might not want to offer any kind of plea.

I hate to say this but if he had an heart he wouldn't have done all this in the first place so I doubt he'll talk ESP of there is nothing to give him that he wants ... Seen on a talk show where they had to pay a guy to tell where he hide the bodies that he killed ... Moo all the Ids that they found in his house belong to missing women I think this case is way bigger then just Mickey an Lisa ... Why else would he have there Ids! Ive heard a lot threw Cajun net An I think the majority of it is true but only time will tell

I'm just thinking that in the 24 hours following abducting Mickey, BSL had to get gas somewhere because of all the mileage he was putting on the truck. Maybe LE has pinpointed where his debit cards, gas cards or just simply video of him at a station. I'm assuming he would pay at the pump to keep from going inside a station with the bleeding wounds, etc all over him.
On another note I too was following the post on TD. I was so amazed at what was being posted that I actually had a feeling it would be deleted and since I had not had a chance to read it all I just took screen shots so that I could go back and read it later. Still haven't caught up on reading all of it yet.

yes. i'm sure they are busy at work tracing his purchases and going over that video - if they need to. if they already have enough evidence, would they bother with that? i don't know about this stuff. does the prosecution try to obtain every bit of evidence if they already have a "smoking gun" of some sort?

also, if he was smart, he would have used cash.

yes. i'm sure they are busy at work tracing his purchases and going over that video - if they need to. if they already have enough evidence, would they bother with that? i don't know about this stuff. does the prosecution try to obtain every bit of evidence if they already have a "smoking gun" of some sort?

also, if he was smart, he would have used cash.

I agree cash would have been the way to pay unless he was covered in blood from all of his wounds and didn't want to raise suspician by entering the station.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley