LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion, the bike and possibly her were hidden under the skirting of his trailer while he went to the hospital, and not disposed of until later on.

In my opinion, the bike and possibly her were hidden under the skirting of his trailer while he went to the hospital, and not disposed of until later on.

Did the dogs hit on that area?

moo, but i doubt any family member would be ok with driving all the way to NOLA without wondering WTF. thats a whole lot of hospitals to pass in between for no reason. :moo:

I doubt you can "insist" on anything with BSL. He seems like the type to do all of the "insisting."

For some reason I thought it was after Mickey went missing.

It could have been done after -- just saying that all I recall is an MSM report of a neighbor's having said he did it "recently" or some similar word.

ETA: to clarify for later readers -- discussion is about BSL replacing skirting around his home

What I took from LE was that he was known to be at WB when the bike was disposed of, which was also near the time she was abducted. They said it in a muddled sort of way, but that is how I took it, that the bike was left there close to May 19th.

I'm not sure how it's done in LA, but many preliminary court appearances are done via video so they don't have to transport the suspect. They stand in front of a video camera and the Judge has a monitor in the Courtroom. Like I said though, not sure if that is what is happening in this instance.

Just spoke to someone who was recently "on the inside." He said this there is a small courtroom in the jail that usually hold the arraignments, but recently they installed the video system, so now that is how arraignment are done in most cases. He seems to think that is likely how this one will go. I also read (Advertiser maybe?) that the room in the jail is very small and would hold only about 12 guests so they may move it accross the street to accommodate the media and of course families and such.

He had to have gone to the hospital earlier because when he spoke to the Jefferson Parish officers he told them he had just given his story to the New Orleans Police for 2 hours. That would put the time at 8 pm. Then we don't know if he had to wait in the ER before he was actually seen by a doctor or nurse in the ER treatment room.

BBM...I highly doubt they interviewed him for two hours. However, in his effort to cover his a$$ and avoid all their pertinent questions about how he was injured, it probably felt like two hours. JMO

Could the skirting have had paint transfer from the bike on it?

I think if we all take a step back and think of what simple location would have been convenient to BSL of May 19th, we will find Mickey there.

respectfully snipped by me for relevance

I agree that BSL did not put an extraordinary amount of effort and creativity into disposing of Mickey's body. He seems to have a propensity for hiding bodies/items under something, i.e. LP's body under boards, and Mickey's bicycle under water (until it receded, of course) and for setting fires. IMHO, he either put Mickey in water, i.e. with her bicycle at/near WB or under brush/foliage; or burned her remains. I don't believe he removed her body far from the original crime scene (30 miles in any direction max) and definitely, imho, did not take Mickey to Texas.

However, having said that I just thought of something...it's a little far fetched sounding, maybe, but that's my vivid imagination for you... :) what if he dismembered her body and put it into a weighted container and disposed of it at sea when he went out to his off-shore job. Maybe too vividly imaginative for the likes of BSL, though.

As sad as it is, IMO, I don't think Mickey's remains will be found anytime soon, if ever.

I agree that BSL did not put an extraordinary amount of effort and creativity into disposing of Mickey's body. He seems to have a propensity for hiding bodies/items under something, i.e. LP's body under boards, and Mickey's bicycle under water (until it receded, of course) and for setting fires. IMHO, he either put Mickey in water, i.e. with her bicycle at/near WB or under brush/foliage; or burned her remains. I don't believe he removed her body far from the original crime scene (30 miles in any direction max) and definitely, imho, did not take Mickey to Texas.

However, having said that I just thought of something...it's a little far fetched sounding, maybe, but that's my vivid imagination for you... :) what if he dismembered her body and put it into a weighted container and disposed of it at sea when he went out to his off-shore job. Maybe too vividly imaginative for the likes of BSL, though.

As sad as it is, IMO, I don't think Mickey's remains will be found anytime soon, if ever.

I don't think he did anything that took any amount of time...especially if he WAS injured from a struggle with Mickey. Either water or land, maybe under some brush, but not buried, if he had a injured hand at that time. I think he was desperate by this time to get rid of her and the bike, get home, cleaned up and calmed down, and head out to a hospital.

I wonder if the mods could give this it's own thread, and then break it down into: topics, ie. DWT, routes, places that have been searched, etc, you all get me drift. I think it would be easier than having everything all together and trying to sift through what topics are of interest to individual posters. Jmoo

Just spoke to someone who was recently "on the inside." He said this there is a small courtroom in the jail that usually hold the arraignments, but recently they installed the video system, so now that is how arraignment are done in most cases. He seems to think that is likely how this one will go. I also read (Advertiser maybe?) that the room in the jail is very small and would hold only about 12 guests so they may move it accross the street to accommodate the media and of course families and such.

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/

"There's a change in protocol for Brandon Scott Lavergne's arraignment tomorrow. Instead of the arraignment being held at the 15th Judicial Courthouse, District Judge Herman Clause will meet Lavergne in a courtroom attached to the jail, according to Clause's Secretary: Darlene Champagne. "It made sense because of security problems and all," Clause said to our media partner, The Daily Advertiser. Since it's an arraignment, Lavergne must be present in court.
He's been held in the Lafayette Parish Correctional Center since he was charged with aggravated kidnapping and first degree murder in Mickey Shunick's disappearance. During a grand jury hearing, jurors indicted him on those charges and indicted him in the murder of Lisa Pate. Shunick was last seen on May 19, and Pate's remains were found 13 years ago in September 1999 in Acadia Parish."

I don't this that's a possibility. My husband worked offshore for many years, and when he would get to the heliport, everything he had with him, including himself, would have to be weighed to make sure the helicopter wasn't over a weight limit. Sounds good in theory, really, but it's not practicable.

One of the reasons I believe that BL did not take elaborate care with where he put Mickey is that I think he felt he was pretty much free and clear at that point (other than perhaps injuries) and that it was not until the next week, when his truck was shown on TV, that the panic set in. (I also doubt he would have returned to move her at that point-not an easy task if he had left her body out in the elements for a week or more.)

I really picture it all going wrong from the start for him, and having to get clear of town and get rid of both Mickey and the bike in a hurry.

Just wondering, why exactly is Brandons arraignment being held at the jail court room?

For his safety

Wish I could be at the GJ. Would love to see that smirk he has in his eyes in his last mugshot wiped off

He'll be in front of a judge this time whether on a video feed or through the pate glass.

BBM...I highly doubt they interviewed him for two hours. However, in his effort to cover his a$$ and avoid all their pertinent questions about how he was injured, it probably felt like two hours. JMO

Probably not for 2 hours, just repeating what the JPSO stated in their report. However, it would mean that he had to arrive before 10 pm.

No effort at all because IMO, he has a place where he keeps the bodies.

What I took from LE was that he was known to be at WB when the bike was disposed of, which was also near the time she was abducted. They said it in a muddled sort of way, but that is how I took it, that the bike was left there close to May 19th.

I got that too. That's what I understood.
But i do think there was something that he was hiding underneath his trailer skirting.

But what that is, I don't know.

Just wondering, does anyone think BSL might have severely injured his finger when he was trying to pull the handlebar grips off of the bike?

I got that too. That's what I understood.
But i do think there was something that he was hiding underneath his trailer skirting.

But what that is, I don't know.

Just wondering, does anyone think BSL might have severely injured his finger when he was trying to pull the handlebar grips off of the bike?

It is possible that something tying him to Lisa was under the trailer; and yes, it is possible his finger was injured removing the grips (if the finger injury is confirmed.)

It is possible that something tying him to Lisa was under the trailer; and yes, it is possible his finger was injured removing the grips (if the finger injury is confirmed.)

Wouldn't it be awesome if they had his dna on that bike?

Since Brandon went all the way to New Orleans, I'm very surprised the bike was dumped at Whiskey Bay.

I'm pretty sure he knew that it would be less likely to be found in areas of New Orleans.

Another grip theory...
What if Mickey purposely held onto the handles as hard as she could, to avoid being put into his vehicle, and he had to pry her hands off of the handlebars, causing the grips to be removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member