LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really believe he got rid of the bike super fast. I know I wouldn't want to be sitting at an intersection and take the chance that someone that knows me would drive up beside me and see the bike, especially in a small town such as CP where he lived and then I don't believe he brought it to his house if he went to clean himself up in case his girlfriend or family popped in for a visit.

I really believe he got rid of the bike super fast. I know I wouldn't want to be sitting at an intersection and take the chance that someone that knows me would drive up beside me and see the bike, especially in a small town such as CP where he lived and then I don't believe he brought it to his house if he went to clean himself up in case his girlfriend or family popped in for a visit.

Did we ever find out why he changed a portion of the skirting around his mobile home?

Am I allowed to post pictures of Constantine Road where Brandon has property?

I will if other users want me to.
If that's not allowed, ignore this post.

Love to see them, but I would advise getting a mod's OK first.

It WAS briefly released. I saw it... maybe on TV.

The problem now is that not only can't I find it -
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Hey Chicken-
Can you share with us what the picture that you saw briefly contained? I have the opinion that either Mickey or her bike are visible in BSL truck. Can you confirm what the "smoking gun" might be from The Advertiser's camera?

I'm trying to catch up and reading slow today --about 5 pages back; so if this has been answered, thanks!:rocker:

Did we ever find out why he changed a portion of the skirting around his mobile home?

That is very disturbing to me. Something had to have been under there that caused some kind of damage to the original skirting. I can't see him just deciding to change it with all the injuries and poison ivy he would have had at that time if there wasn't an immediate need.

Wish I could be at the GJ. Would love to see that smirk he has in his eyes in his last mugshot wiped off

Just wondering, why exactly is Brandons arraignment being held at the jail court room?

I'm not sure how it's done in LA, but many preliminary court appearances are done via video so they don't have to transport the suspect. They stand in front of a video camera and the Judge has a monitor in the Courtroom. Like I said though, not sure if that is what is happening in this instance.

Makes you wonder don't it? But that probably would have been too risky

Right. But if he went to see family (this has not been confirmed I know) prior to going to the hospital and he showed anybody his wounds, wouldn't it be probable that person would insist on driving him? I know I would, especially if his hand was so terribly injured.
Doesn't mean that they would have gone back to the room with him. They could have stayed in the waiting room.

I just thought of something that has probably been discussed already and is blatantly obvious to eeryone but me.

So.... let's assume that BSL has Mickey in his truck. It's getting close to 2 AM, he's driven from Coliseum Road, left to Souvenir Gate, right to Cajundome Boulevard, and then left to West Congress. Right after that next intersection, at Bertrand, we know he took a right. If he would have continued on instead of turning, he'd have driven past Taco Bell and Raising Cane's.... both places that are still open at that time of night, and can conceivably cause traffic to be backed up into the road (people waiting to get into the drive throughs).

Is it possible he was trying to avoid this area because Mickey and her bike were in his truck? You know, too much of a chance of someone seeing something they shouldn't, whether it be a woman fighting like mad or an unconcious woman?

I'm just trying to narrow down where Mickey could be, and I agree that I think she's much closer than expected. Also, I think that he would have discarded the bike last, so Mickey has to be somewhere between Coliseum Road and Whiskey Bay. Ugh, that's depressing, thinking about the scope.

I just thought of something that has probably been discussed already and is blatantly obvious to eeryone but me.

So.... let's assume that BSL has Mickey in his truck. It's getting close to 2 AM, he's driven from Coliseum Road, left to Souvenir Gate, right to Cajundome Boulevard, and then left to West Congress. Right after that next intersection, at Bertrand, we know he took a right. If he would have continued on instead of turning, he'd have driven past Taco Bell and Raising Cane's.... both places that are still open at that time of night, and can conceivably cause traffic to be backed up into the road (people waiting to get into the drive throughs).

Is it possible he was trying to avoid this area because Mickey and her bike were in his truck? You know, too much of a chance of someone seeing something they shouldn't, whether it be a woman fighting like mad or an unconcious woman?

I'm just trying to narrow down where Mickey could be, and I agree that I think she's much closer than expected. Also, I think that he would have discarded the bike last, so Mickey has to be somewhere between Coliseum Road and Whiskey Bay. Ugh, that's depressing, thinking about the scope.

Maybe he hid the bike and came back later to dispose of it.

Right. But if he went to see family (this has not been confirmed I know) prior to going to the hospital and he showed anybody his wounds, wouldn't it be probable that person would insist on driving him? I know I would, especially if his hand was so terribly injured.
Doesn't mean that they would have gone back to the room with him. They could have stayed in the waiting room.

moo, but i doubt any family member would be ok with driving all the way to NOLA without wondering WTF. thats a whole lot of hospitals to pass in between for no reason. :moo:

moo, but i doubt any family member would be ok with driving all the way to NOLA without wondering WTF. thats a whole lot of hospitals to pass in between for no reason. :moo:

I know what you're saying, but if I saw a loved one with lots of blood and pain, I would insist. Maybe he had some wild story why he had to go to NO hospital? I don't know, but if he went to family with injuries, well, then I have more questions.

No, we didn't -- nor, if I recall correctly, exactly when --- only "recently".

Right and I don't think we had better start assuming that this was after May 19th, because we just don't know.

I just meant that I think he disposed of Mickey, before the bike, or at the same time. I think he had a lot going on, to say the least, and the bike was a final thing he remembered to do.

I agree too. Much easier to try and explain away a bike vs. a body. :twocents:

BBM: I agree. If she was already deceased or unconscious, her body would have been less awkward to fit in his truck. Even in the bed of a truck, her bike, at least part of it, would have likely been visible. And, also, her bike was more of a landmark to me. There are plenty of light blonde attractive females in Louisiana. Her bike would have been easier to match up to a simple description, increasing his chances of being spotted IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow