LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
BringMickeyHome♥;8213626 said:
I am having a really hard time with all of this and I think I need a break for a bit. I know that I find myself trying not to make eye contact with anyone at the convenience store, post office, anywhere...I used to be very social and now it's almost as if I don't want to talk to anyone unless I have done a background check on them. I am sure that I am not the only female in Lafayette who feels this way right now, but I need to step away from reading all of ya'lls posts. Keep up the good work and I hope Mickey comes home real soon. ♥

bringmickeyhome, take a break, try to relax and clear your mind, lighten up and heal your spirit.

Some of you have mentioned family private property as being a possible place to hide a body. I think that definitely needs to be explored. Reason I question this, is the case of missing Erika Dahlquist. The perp. hid her body on his grandparents' property. Bloodhounds were instrumental in location, as well as a neighbor.

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/news-story.asp?date=051704&ID=s1520615

The P.I. in this case, is also the one who found Dru Sjodin.

If you look closely at those cabinets, they are different. One has more of a scalloped border on the front, the other has no scalloped edge just straight. They are similar but not the same.

i would LOVE to know if the trailer on Zillow was his own and the one he burned down recently. The pictures of the bedrooms make me think a woman had a hand in staging the photos. There is a little knick nack here and there and the the hand towel is folded all nicely and a throw on the bed. One of the bedrooms looks a little feminine too. It's very strange to think he lived there. Is anyone SURE that is his old place?

Yes, my thoughts too. I think he was out prowling and unfortunately saw Mickey shortly after she left Brettley's house. I don't think he followed behind her the entire time but rather drove ahead of her, circled around, keeping tabs on where Mickey was heading until he got to a more remote/darker area and then struck her from the rear.

There is one thing that is holding me back from this thought process and it actually is something that CS stated regarding I believe IIRC an old boyfriend. I found a couple of comments to be out of place. Whether they were hoping this was the scenerio or whether they had additional information of course we are not privy to.

It probably did increase his anger... but if your eyes are full of it, you're not going to be able to see for a little while. My eyes watered, and face burned for about 20 minutes just catching some of it in the wind. In my opinion, it would be easy to stab someone a few times in the back when they are stooped down holding their face... and the arms, neck and finger injuries could have happened when he tried to regain contol- but couldn't see too well. Idk- maybe I just like thinking Mickey gave him hell.
I don't think this is a good samaritan case. Possible? Sure. Unlikely? Very.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Yet nothing was reported regarding his face to our knowledge. Like many I hope she got him with all she had and then some. I look forward to seeing the medical reports if we ever do get copies of them.

I am hoping that some of the local papers are on top of this and prepared to request various documents.

I hesitate on the good samaritan but will not rule it out. Many may remember the hispanic male found wrapped in a tarp. I don't recall the date he was found and to be honest I have not had alot of time to look further into if he was ever identified or the circumstances. I did find it odd and to be honest I forget the member that did post this but do know it was in the MSM.

ETA Maybe good samaritan is wrong word. It could simply of been someone that found out that they were a pawn and not aware of what had happened, or someone else that just stumble upon a scene at the wrong time wrong place. Seems much went wrong for BSL on this particular occasion.

Yet nothing was reported regarding his face to our knowledge. Like many I hope she got him with all she had and then some. I look forward to seeing the medical reports if we ever do get copies of them.

I am hoping that some of the local papers are on top of this and prepared to request various documents.

I hesitate on the good samaritan but will not rule it out. Many may remember the hispanic male found wrapped in a tarp. I don't recall the date he was found and to be honest I have not had alot of time to look further into if he was ever identified or the circumstances. I did find it odd and to be honest I forget the member that did post this but do know it was in the MSM.

I think this was after BSL was arrested.

CROWLEY — A body found early Saturday morning along White Oak Highway has been identified as a Guatemalan man living in Mermentau, the Acadia Parish Sheriff’s Office said in a news release.

http://theadvocate.com/news/police/3323338-123/body-found-next-to-crowley

Well that did not work out so well for him.
True, true. They did find the bike. I don't remember if it's been reported that any evidence was lifted from the bike. I might be wrong, but iirc, it's only been said that LE can place him in the area of WB. I dunno; I could be wrong. Regardless, I think it's reasonable to assume he took more pains to conceal the body, and not only the body, but clothing and whatever paraphernalia MS was carrying when she was abducted, and likely the weapon, as well.

Which brings me to something else that iirc has been discussed, but it's stuck in my craw. What was BSL wearing when he showed up at the hospital? His clothes should have been soaked in blood. Did his shirt show holes that matched the wounds? To make his story believable, his clothes had to reflect the details. I'd love to see the notes in his chart. We've heard he might have seen other people in Acadia Parish prior to coming to New Orleans. I wonder what he was wearing then. I'm just thinking that MS's blood would have been on his clothes. And if he didn't get rid of them with the body and other things, what happened to them?

maybe le found some bloody clothes in the trailer that mickey was wearing...and some of her things...thats why they think she is no longer alive..jmo

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deuKdsxdLM4"]"Calling All Angels" to Find Mickey Shunick Now - YouTube[/ame]

Imo, it's time to put the heat on the MS Media to ask the hard questions...as well as demanding transparency..

Is BS Lavern a prolific serial killer and how many unknown victims is he being investigated for?

What was his actual release date from prison and did he receive special privileges while encarcerated? etc.

SBM

That would be assuming that the body was intact I would gather.

As well, Tim Miller has conducted countless searches and WB is his bet as well.

The fact is that this is a vast area, with a number of places that a body could be dumped. Many feel she is around his home and I respect their opinions. I personally don't feel that she is. I would do a 180 and look in that area, but alas that is simply my opinion.

Sadly, much time has passed. Due to hot temperatures, various weather patterns down there, I would think that their focus as to what they are looking for would be much different than what it was at the start.

Regarding BSL not falling off the bridge pillar while trying to get around it to throw something off the back (there is a six-foot-deep alcove back there that would give one a running start to heave something further out into deeper water), let me rephrase it to say that anyone carrying 100 pounds of anything is going to have a real hard time getting around the pillar. There is no room to lean backward into the pillar to offset the weight one is carrying, even if it were a backpack centered on his body. In making the turn around the pillar, one would almost certainly fall off, and fall 10 feet into the Pilot Channel - into shallow enough water to be badly injured. I was being careful when I walked around it, and didn't look down, and kept my hands on the pillar to steady myself.

In my comment, I did leave open the possibility of him leaving her somewhere else in the Whiskey Bay area. I was specifically addressing some who were speculating that she was left right there where the bike was left. As I said earlier, I lean against this, due to the various problems listed in my earlier comment.

In the book about Derrick Lee's murders, it was stated that they believe he threw one of his victims from the bridge; she was found some time later. Another he must have carried down there, or taken her there and then killed her, as she was found on shore.

Yes, and she was found..... not taken away by wildlife.

Remember that the western end of the WB exit area is a vastly different environment than the eastern end. I would bet that there are a greater number of alligators, by an order of magnitude, that frequent the eastern end near the boat ramp. The Work Canal is narrow and the banks are shallow and the land is low and is better gator territory. The Pilot Channel to the west is much wider - more of a dropoff to it - higher land.

Both of DTLs victims were found. The gators didn't carry them away.

Chicken Fried, someone posted that you said that you found where a homeless person had been living/camping at Whiskey Bay. I must have missed that. Did you post that info?

Ok, I'm trying to think of all of this logically. I think a lot of where he hid her, has to do with when she may have caused him those injuries. If he hit her with the truck and she was knocked down but not knocked out, what would he do next? Depends maybe on how hurt she was from the impact. So the question than would be, how does he get her and the bike in the truck? If she is not too injured why wouldn't she run as he puts the bike in the truck. I don't believe he could coax her into his truck by telling her he would take her to the hospital, (bs), if she was hurt she would know to call 911 and report it as an accident, not trust some stranger to get in his truck. So to me she was either unconscious (which i don't really believe), and he carried her into his truck, or, more likely to me he had a weapon and told her to get in the truck. Or, if she had a broken leg (something like that), she couldn't do much if he just picked her up and threw her in the truck. But, he would have to be far enough away from civilization so that if she screams it wouldn't be heard. Did anyone report hearing screams that night? Ok, so when might she injure him? Maybe when he threw her in the front seat of the truck and than put the bike in the bed. Could have given her time to get something to stab him with. That depends i guess on whether she still had her back pack on her, or something was in the truck to use. She could have attacked him as soon as he got back in the truck. Note: these are all hypotheses. If that were the case and she maced him and started stabbing him when he got in, than he would most likely, have (hate to say this) killed her right then. That being the case I don't see him wasting time keeping her with him, but taking time to dispose of the bike. Unless, he would than put her in that trunk that seems to be in the bed of these pickups. But, the bike would still be visible so he disposed of that and took her home with him. (That's a possibility I guess). But, he would be all bloodied so I'm not sure. My guess is he disposed of her ASAP. Or, of course he did bring her home and she is nearby there. So all this being said, I think I am going in circles. Or maybe not.

Chicken Fried, someone posted that you said that you found where a homeless person had been living/camping at Whiskey Bay. I must have missed that. Did you post that info?

I am having big problems with carpal tunnel - rather not type it out again. How do I search for my own posts so I can link them?

Yes, and she was found..... not taken away by wildlife.

Remember that the western end of the WB exit area is a vastly different environment than the eastern end. I would bet that there are a greater number of alligators, by an order of magnitude, that frequent the eastern end near the boat ramp. The Work Canal is narrow and the banks are shallow and the land is low and is better gator territory. The Pilot Channel to the west is much wider - more of a dropoff to it - higher land.

Both of DTLs victims were found. The gators didn't carry them away.

Several of his victims remain missing, so there is really no way to know if they too, weren't put in WB and did get taken by the current, or worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53