JH's Pre Shooting Purchases and his gear

That is your opinion, I'm somewhat neutral, can't be sure about his intentions even if things seem to be obvious, this is one of the reasons that I mostly lurk and don't comment in this case. I stated my frustration about details because I am overseas and we had a similar case here in my country (Mateus da Costa Meira), so every detail matter, because the media here makes comparisons. A bulletproof vest is different than an accessory vest, the press here would probably check that info with the police before publishing. Thanks anyway for your input.

interesting cinema connection by Donyale, thank you.
more at:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/1999/nov/05/alexbellos

And I believe the range's member ship fee is $100 (per their website). Maybe he found a cheaper place.

That other range they are talking about is free and unsupervised.
So he just never followed through with the first range. But I am not sure how that translates to banning him for being weird. After all that gun range owner left him three messages to which he simply didn't respond.

By the way despite gun range owner claiming he rejected JH. In reality he called him and left three messages. JH never responded. So in reality it appears JH never completed the process and never showed up at that range.
Could very well be because he found another range.

BBM

That was the headline of various media reports, which are very often misleading, imo. However, Mr. Rotkovich never claimed or stated that he had rejected JH, or his application.

IMO, it is good that the gun club owner was astute enough to pick up on whatever he must've considered a 'red flag'.

As you said, JH very likely found another range at which to practice shooting.

And I believe the range's member ship fee is $100 (per their website). Maybe he found a cheaper place.

According to Lead Valley's website:

The cost for membership to run this range is $150.00 a year with an initiation fee of $100.00 the first year.

interesting cinema connection by Donyale, thank you.
more at:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/1999/nov/05/alexbellos

Mateus da Costa Meira ( Salvador , April 4 of 1975 ), better known as "The Shooter Cinema", or "Shooter Shopping", is a former university student in the field of medicine . The nickname comes from the fact that he fired a submachine gun from the audience of a movie theater in a shopping mall in the city of Sao Paulo .
According to eyewitnesses the action on the night of November 3rd of 1999 , within the room of the five films of the Morumbi Shopping , area south of the city, Matthew would have risen from his seat, went to the bathroom - where he shot himself in the mirror his submachine Cobray M-11 - and then stayed in front of the audience, pulling back the gun and starting shooting. This tragedy resulted in three deaths, four people injured and 15 more in a panic. This tragedy Matthew earned the nickname that carries today. The film aired at the time of the shooting was Fight Club .
Caught in the act, just sentenced to more than 120 years in prison in a closed regime. His lawyers argued that Matthew was semi-attributable, or had partial awareness of their actions. After several appeals court, Matthew was sentenced to 30 years formal limits provided by the Brazilian courts. Defense lawyers tried in vain to plead insanity for his client and to argue that Matthew had been influenced by the game Duke Nukem 3D, in which there is a scene in a film shooting. [1]
On May 8th of 2009 , Matthew tried to kill his cellmate in the Lemos Brito Penitentiary in the city of Salvador , and was booked for attempted murder . [2]
http://translate.google.com/transla...a=X&ei=JfEUUOayAYOc8gSs_oDoBA&ved=0CGQQ7gEwBA

Holmes bought one of the four guns — the first of two Glock pistols — on May 22 at Gander Mountain in Aurora

On May 28, six days after purchasing the Glock, Holmes purchased the shotgun used in the shootings from Bass Pro Shops in Denver

On June 7, Holmes bought the AR-15 assault rifle rifle used in the attacks at a Gander Mountain store in Thornton, Colo

On July 6, Holmes returned to the Bass Pro Shops store in Denver and bought the other Glock pistol.

Holmes had a high capacity ammunition clip in the assault rifle, according to a second federal law enforcement official.

The second official, who also spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss the ongoing investigation, said Holmes had a drum-style clip in an AR-15 assault rifle used in the attack at a movie theater in Denver suburb Aurora, Colo.
http://www.coloradoan.com/viewart/2...ie-theater-shooting-bought-guns-past-2-months

Dates BBM.

Membership dues at the Lead Valley Range run $150 a year with a $100 initiation fee the first year. It was less than a month ago, on June 25, at exactly 5 p.m., when Holmes emailed his Lead Valley Range application, a copy of which was obtained by FoxNews.com.

“I told my staff, here’s the name -- James Holmes -- this is the person. If he shows up come get me. I need to talk to him before anything else,” he added. “I said, I’m not sure about this guy.’ It was kind of bizarre.”

Rotkovich says he always needs to get to know the applicant a little before considering people for membership at his family’s range, and Holmes’s application was business-like and devoid of any personal information. Rotkovich planned to vet Holmes in person before he would be allowed to step on the range and pick up a weapon, let alone become a member.

In answering the questions found on the range’s standard application form, Holmes listed his marital status as “single,” said he was not a member of the National Rifle Association and claimed to have heard about Lead Valley online. Staffers at the range said they did not know who might have referred Holmes.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/2...un-range-application-drew-red-flag-for-owner/

Very detailed article about the membership, owner, and also shows the application that was submited online.
The Date in the article was BBM

June 25..applied for a range membership.

Holmes had difficulty with a June 7 preliminary exam, given orally by three university faculty members. It is designed to evaluate students' knowledge at the end of the first year. Three days later( June 10), Holmes dropped out.[/QUOTE]

http://www.freep.com/article/201207...-Holmes-wasn-t-supersmart-neuroscientists-say

So June 7, he took his test and failed
June 10, he dropped out.

Date and description BBM in article. I also added The (June 10) in the article.

A timeline is starting to happen.:rocker:

Denver resident Austin McKee says Holmes had pink hair on July 1 when he saw him at that Gander Mountain. He says he was having a scope installed on it.

McKee says he was at an Aurora Gander Mountain before a hunting trip. He specifically remembers one of the other customers at the store.

"A young guy about my age walked in with pink hair and earrings," McKee said. "[He] looked a little out of place you could say."

There isn't a lot of pink haired hunters who show up at the store, according to McKee.

"He had bleached it, and it was dyed pink. It was more like a cotton candy color," he said.

9NEWS looked at McKee's bank record to confirm the purchase of the stand.

"When he walked in there, he just looked like his eyes were super wide open," McKee said. "[He] kind of looked like silver dollars. He was out of it I could tell, obviously this isn't something a sane person would do."

McKee says the man he thinks was Holmes didn't say a word as a scope was installed on the gun.

http://www.9news.com/rss/story.aspx?storyid=278850

July 1....pink hair and had scope installed.

Date in article is BBM.

On July 5 Holmes had set up an account on the AdultFriendFinder website, with the name ‘ClassicJimbo’. He said he was looking for ‘casual sex or a fling’, adding the cryptic message:‘Will you visit me in prison?’

His profile, which shows him with dyed orange hair, describes himself as a ‘light/social drinker’, but in answer to a question about whether he takes drugs he answers: ‘Prefer not to say.’ He adds: ‘Am a nice guy. Well, as nice enough of a guy who does these sort of shenanigans

July 5...set up Adult Finders account.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-Gunman-used-drugs-killed-Heath-Ledger.html

Some pretty graphic pictures in this article of the crime scene.

Kaitlyn Fonzi – a 20-year-old biology student who lives directly below Holmes with boyfriend Chris Rodriguez, 30 – said she feared the gunman may have tried to lure them into his rigged apartment. She said she heard techno music blaring between 11.30pm and 1am on Thursday night into Friday morning: ‘I went upstairs and knocked on the door. When no one answered I put my hand on the door knob and realised it was unlocked. It felt weird so I didn’t go inside.’

Time BBM. Day of the shooting. 11:30-1 am ....Techno Music blaring
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-Gunman-used-drugs-killed-Heath-Ledger.html

if you have a chance - please find also the title of this techno - i cant find it :seeya:

Sorry, the only information I can get is rumors.

Kill Your Heroes by AWOLNATION is what a lot of blogs are saying.

Thanks, rolling!
Guess we should take it with take it with a grain of salt! ;)

[video=youtube;Q_H77Ledl_I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_H77Ledl_I[/video]

Lyrics to the song.

[Chorus]

Well I met an old man dying on a train.
No more destination, no more pain.
Well he said one thing, before I graduate
"Never let your fear decide your fate."

JMO

Sorry, the only information I can get is rumors.

Kill Your Heroes by AWOLNATION is what a lot of blogs are saying.

I have a hard time believing he would play something like that.
Neighbors referred to it as techno or dubstep and it appears
that JH's music taste was a bit sophisticated compared to
that song, I think a blogger just got excited by the lyrics.

I think I said before, but my guess is that he played the most obnoxious
thing he could think of to ensure someone one would open the door.
I find this AWOLNATION to be completely obnoxious,
but on a different level from what i'm getting at.
I'm thinking bass heavy, thumping, manic, alarming.

I have a hard time believing he would play something like that.
Neighbors referred to it as techno or dubstep and it appears
that JH's music taste was a bit sophisticated compared to
that song, I think a blogger just got excited by the lyrics.

I think I said before, but my guess is that he played the most obnoxious
thing he could think of to ensure someone one would open the door.
I find this AWOLNATION to be completely obnoxious,
but on a different level from what i'm getting at.
I'm thinking bass heavy, thumping, manic, alarming.

I really don't know what he played. That's just what a lot of the underground blogs are saying. They asked the neighbor. Don't know if it's true or not..

]
Authorities at the University of Colorado were warned about Holmes “in the first ten days of June,” a Denver TV station claimed. But they decided not to intervene because the PhD student was in the process of withdrawing from the schoolFirst 10 days of June school was warned
According to the station’s report, Dr Lynne Fenton, who worked on campus and had begun treating Holmes this Spring, contacted fellow members of the University’s Behavioral Evaluation and Threat Assessment, or BETA, team to warn them that Holmes could potentially represent a danger to others

Her attempt to convene a meeting of the BETA team “never came together,” the source said, because Holmes lost access to secure areas of the University on June 12th, due to his decision to end studies there. Once that occurred, the team “had no control over him.”
Article date BBM.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ed-as-threat-by-his-psychiatrist-8001914.html

First 10 days of June....Univer. was warned

Dr. Lynne Fenton discussed Holmes with several members of the Behavioral Evaluation and Threat Assessment team in June, about six weeks before he allegedly killed 12 people and wounded 58 in a screening of "The Dark Knight Rises." The team assesses possible on-campus threats.

Despite Fenton's fears that Holmes might be dangerous, the university didn't take any action after the 24-year-old suddenly dropped out of a Ph.D neuroscience program on June 10, ABC News said.

Holmes quit the University of Colorado on June 7 shortly after failing an oral exam. That same day he purchased an assault rifle.

The university committee reviewing possible threats never contacted the Aurora police, KMGH reported.

On July 20, the day of the shooting, Holmes sent a notebook to Fenton. The contents of the notebook are disputed and his attorneys have argued that it should be kept confidential because of doctor-patient privileges.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/01/james-holmes-psychiatrist-threat_n_1731051.html

On July 20, the day of the shooting, Holmes sent the notebook to Fenton.

Date in the article BBM

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back