Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, TES should have waited for confirmation.

I think, with all the back and forth in the media changing stories from they 'have' found MS to they 'believe' its MS has things a little confusing. I just wonder why they haven't taken down the confirmation, unless the family and LE have confirmed enough for them?

No attack on TES, they did/do wonderful things. Just another strange happening in a strange and heartbreaking case.

Kelly

I think, with all the back and forth in the media changing stories from they 'have' found MS to they 'believe' its MS has things a little confusing. I just wonder why they haven't taken down the confirmation, unless the family and LE have confirmed enough for them?

No attack on TES, they did/do wonderful things. Just another strange happening in a strange and heartbreaking case.

Kelly

I'm hoping TES talked to the family.

I think it's very appropriate... Members are going to turn to the site for any info or updates, and they put in quite a bit of time and effort, along with heart, searching for Mickey. They haven't reported anything other than what has been released by authorities and msm. Did you notice the list of sources below the article? IMO, they are a very reputable organization...

All jmo.

Apparently, there is no absolute confirmation yet?

I'm sure there will be soon. Some of us also wonder what happened to Holly Bobo.

I think it's very appropriate... Members are going to turn to the site for any info or updates, and they put in quite a bit of time and effort, along with heart, searching for Mickey. They haven't reported anything other than what has been released by authorities and msm. Did you notice the list of sources below the article? IMO, they are a very reputable organization...

All jmo.

Am just speaking as a mother who has lost a child.

It seems so obvious that the body found must be Mickey. Someone in the know (BSL?) apparently led LE to the site. From MSM reports, clothing and possibly jewelry was found on or with the body. Mickey had unique hair, so that would give LE a big heads up. Mickey's mom wrote on FB that she is found/coming home. Mickey's sister wrote on FB that she herself will be heading back home next week. I wonder if the family was shown jewelry or clothing to ID, or even pictures of any found items.

In my mind, it's Mickey. It doesn't bother me that TES stated this on their site. Families of victims will often be in denial about a found body being that of a loved one. For Mickey's family to be stating that she is found/coming home, IMO they have been told by LE that it is Mickey. All the stuff that comes now is just legal and forensic formalities. JMHO

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, it's probably a duck. :)

It seems so obvious that the body found must be Mickey. Someone in the know (BSL?) apparently led LE to the site. From MSM reports, clothing and possibly jewelry was found on or with the body. Mickey had unique hair, so that would give LE a big heads up. Mickey's mom wrote on FB that she is found/coming home. Mickey's sister wrote on FB that she herself will be heading back home next week. I wonder if the family was shown jewelry or clothing to ID, or even pictures of any found items.

In my mind, it's Mickey. It doesn't bother me that TES stated this on their site. Families of victims will often be in denial about a found body being that of a loved one. For Mickey's family to be stating that she is found/coming home, IMO they have been told by LE that it is Mickey. All the stuff that comes now is just legal and forensic formalities. JMHO

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, it's probably a duck. :)
---------
I was thinking about the hair.

I think Mickey and Holly Bobo had similar hair color, type.

I also wonder if LE found hairs with a death band in the truck/under or in the trailer/house?

Thank you for posting this. I couldn't have worded it better. My forensic scientist and medical examiner cousin tells me they can tell within 30 minutes of getting the dental records if that was indeed Mickey. I'm sure the time now is being spent on determining the exact cause of death. And like you said with the jewelry, clothing and skeleten size I'm sure they knew right away it was Mickey. I feel like they probably did bring BSL out there to make sure they didn't accidently dig in the wrong spot since this is a 100 year old graveyard no telling if some markers have been destroyed. Doubt if they would want to dig in the wrong place there.

Sorry for your loss Isabelle.

With today's advancements it is almost impossible to keep these things under wraps... Essentially we're doing the exact same thing here... Like tes, and because of our tos, the info we put out there is verified and/or taken from reports already submitted to the public. IMO, it's careless reports, rumor, etc. that deserves criticism and creates chaos...
Technology is our new reality... And many turn to this the second they get wind of any new development or big news story...

All jmo.

Snipet from The Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi:

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace,
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy;

I Will Not Say Goodbye…
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IUl-JwJC5U"]Danny Gokey_I Will Not Say Goodbye( NEW MUSIC ) - YouTube[/ame]

‘where there is silence, Truth’…

---------
I was thinking about the hair.

I think Mickey and Holly Bobo had similar hair color, type.

I also wonder if LE found hairs with a death band in the truck/under or in the trailer/house?

Good point.....hair with death band would have lead them to believe she was dead...forgot about that ....:(

I am going to take a wild guess here and state that the body has been identified and the Shunick's notified, just as they would of been notified regarding the plea deal, and then kept up-to-date on the events as they unfolded yesterday.

I also believe that the reason they are taking extra time is due to the fact that there is a possible plea deal. In the plea deal one of the stipulations is that he must give ALL DETAILS regarding cause of death, time of death, and any other details such as rape. I am also of the belief that the reason he was checked out jail for so long was to get this these facts taped, and recorded.

If they find out that he has not been completely truthful, any plea deal then becomes null and void. Period. I am of the firm belief the reason this is taking additional time is they want to confirm his story and I am of the belief the Shunicks are very aware of this.

ETA This as well would apply to Lisa Plate. After 13 years of not knowing the details I am certain her family want answers to. Lisa Pate's story has not been told yet. It is long past the time it should of been told

As all of you know the perp is pretty cunning. He might have figured in his own mind "they don't have any real hard evidence on me". His confession might have been--I had to much to drink. It was dark and I didn't see her. I freaked out. I had to hide her or I'd be charged with negligent homicide. It was a big, big accident. Don't you believe me? JMO

oops sorry mods this may still be rumour

I am soooo sorry.

Passnthru could you remove the quote please :) I would greatly appreciate it.

This may be posted on the wrong thread but also might provide insight & answers as to why Mickey Schunick was BS Lavergnes' chosen victim on 05/19/2012..

http://www.expertlaw.com/library/investigators/serial_killers.html#4

Serial Killers - A Homicide Detective's Take

Contents

Credentials and Interest
Common Knowledge
Genesis of a Serial Killer
Victim Selection
Victim Objectification
Denouement
Case Histories
1. Credentials and Interest

It was during my tenure of over 20 years as a homicide Detective and Detective Sergeant with the Miami Police Department that I investigated six serial murder cases.
read more-

Don't know, 5CentsWorth.. I was responding to the comment that BSL wasn't a reader.
I do know that they have access to the Legal Library. BSL obviously read a lot of the law books, due to the three or four appeals filed..

Just wanted to add to this post.

Often in prison other inmates that have been through the process or that are more versed in law will help prepare the documents.

As all of you know the perp is pretty cunning. He might have figured in his own mind "they don't have any real hard evidence on me". His confession might have been--I had to much to drink. It was dark and I didn't see her. I freaked out. I had to hide her or I'd be charged with negligent homicide. It was a big, big accident. Don't you believe me? JMO

That could be why he told them where he buried her body....for them to maybe see she had a skull fracture that killed her and nothing more. Also that could be why it is taking them so long to find out how she died. If he is saying he hit her by accident and killed her with the truck. Panicked and got rid of evidence?? JMO....

KATC's Erin Steuber...........

Just to squash some of the rumors circulating. I just spoke to author/ educator Gary M. Lavergne who has written 3 true crime books. He is not related to Brandon Scott Lavergne in anyway. He was in fact born and raised in Church Point, LA but moved away in 1989. He says he has absolutely no connection to BSL's family.

Thank you for posting this. I couldn't have worded it better. My forensic scientist and medical examiner cousin tells me they can tell within 30 minutes of getting the dental records if that was indeed Mickey. I'm sure the time now is being spent on determining the exact cause of death. And like you said with the jewelry, clothing and skeleten size I'm sure they knew right away it was Mickey. I feel like they probably did bring BSL out there to make sure they didn't accidently dig in the wrong spot since this is a 100 year old graveyard no telling if some markers have been destroyed. Doubt if they would want to dig in the wrong place there.

I thought the dental comparison would be fast, if it could be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus