MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Arraignment Date for Michael Johnson is scheduled for Court Date: 06/20/2012 Court Time:09:30 Room:600
Court Location: COURTHOUSE WEST, LEXINGTON & ST. PAUL, BALTIMORE, MD 21202
Reason: ARRAIGNMENT

Is it the prosecutors or his lawyers that are requesting a speedy trial? His lawyers think there is not enough evidence to hold him. What will come out of the arraignment in June? Where is that blue tub/container that he purchased from Walmart? If he used it to move his belongings, it would be still around his apartment. Why would anyone throw that size container away, unless it was used to transport a body? The defense does not think the container was large enough to put a 5'8" slender female in it. I have a 20 gallon tub container that is pretty large. A 35 gallon tub container is definitiely large enough to fit a female of that height and size. Hopefully, the prosecutors have some additional evidence that will be presented during the grand jury trial.

In general, if the defense believes the prosecution has a weak case the will request a speedy trial. They don't waive the right to a speedy trial which would allow the prosecution to continue building their case.

On the other hand, in general, if the defense believes the prosecution has a strong case, they will often waive the right to a speedy trial and drag the case out for as long as possible. That's why we sometimes see it take 5 years for a case to get to trial.

I am not in the least bit surprised to see the defense not waive MJ's right to a speedy trial in this case. Sadly, I'm not as confident in this case as I am in others. Though, few if any details have leaked to the public. LE has kept information in this case close to the vest for a long long time. It will be interesting to learn what witnesses have come forward when the time comes.

Unclouding The Facts In The Barnes Teen Murder Case: Why Suspicion Lingers Around Barnes | The People's Champion: http://bit.ly/JaCsg8

Great article! And I seriously believe Deena played some part in this. I really hope Michael Johnson opens up and tells EVERYTHING about what was really going on in that apartment. :mad:

Sent From My Android Using Tapatalk 2

My guess is LE knows exactly what was going on in that apartment. I imagine they could have charged people with other things, but those people made a deal with LE in order to testify as a witness against MJ.

LE isn't going to play that hand and give any upper hand to the defense by making any of that public earlier than need be. We just need to be patient and see what comes out in trial. When this gets to trial.

Bumping for Phylicia. My heart is heavy for her today. Probably because my nephew is graduating HS today. Something Phylicia never got to do because of the selfish who took her life.

A few more weeks until the arraignment. Feels like it's taking forever still even though an arrest has been made.

Still keeping all who knew, loved, and cared for Phylicia properly, in my prayers.

This incident happened in the 5100 block of Stafford Avenue where Michael Johnson's family lives. I wonder could this be his family's home or just a coincident?

Police Arrest leads to shooting of family's dog.

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/Police-Arrest-leads-to-shooting-of-family-s-dog/-/10131532/14767172/-/adkakg/-/index.html

This incident happened 4 doors from Michael Johnson's family home.

**The arraignment for Michael Johnson takes place tomorrow, Wednesday, June 20, 2012 at 9:30am.

Court Date: 08/13/2012 Court Time:11:00 Room:227
Court Location: COURTHOUSE EAST, 111 N. CALVERT ST., BALTIMORE, MD 21202
Reason: JURY TRIAL

Trial begins Monday.

Trial begins Monday.

Amazing. I had given up hope on this case, thinking nobody would ever be arrested. Thank goodness. And I hope they have some strong evidence. Phylicia deserves justice and so does her family.

Trial begins Monday.
Thank you for posting this update... I hope karma bites him in his a&$ very soon.
My thoughts are with PBs mom and her true family this coming week. I know from experience that there is not much peace to be found after losing someone so amazing and someone you love so much in a cruel,tragic and senseless way. I do hope that justice is served.
I was so concerned for so long that there wouldn't be a resolution and we would see no justice for PB. Please let there be justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea