GUILTY UK - Tia Sharp, 12, New Addington, London, 3 Aug 2012 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Basu explained that the first examination of the property on receiving the report last Friday was not a full search. He said mistakes were made on the second search two days later. This exercise took two hours. Mr Basu said the occupiers gave their consent to this search. "All parts of the premises were searched including the location where a body was discovered, five days later, on Friday, August 10," he said.

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...ror-in-tia-search-16196588.html#ixzz23GiEQ635

the first post that makes a touch of sense, but with him on the run would the police and press disappear from new addington? no.

Thanks. I was not sure of how big the area, so was trying to picture if they could of realistically thought press would've followed on manhunt through towns giving them a chance to remove body. Such a sad situation. I have an 11 year old dd and cannot imagine this.

If he was arrested for telling lies, would that not be an arrest of perverting the course of justice. Assisting an offender is not that serious a charge as it does not involve the actual crime itself. It can just can hiding someone from the police etc.

As for the attics, apparently according to media reports the seperation between the attics was not good, no firewall etc. No idea how accurate that would be though.
But the house was searched with a recovery dog a few days before she was found, plus the police had searched the entire place including in the spot where she was found. I wonder why they missed it. But we are not in a position to judge the police as we do not have the full story. Once charges are brought we will not hear any more until the trial either as there will be reporting restrictions put in place.

They have already admitted it was "human error"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-19223085

I strongly suspect her body was hidden in the water tank and the police didn't look in it

Putrefraction

Begins after about 2 days. The process is faster in damp places or when the body is exposed to air. Decay is about eight times faster in the air than underground. Too cold or too hot and the process won't happen. In very hot temperatures the body will dry out and mummify instead.

People with a lot of fat will decay faster. People who died of bacterial disease will also decay faster. However, some poisons preserve the body.

2-3 days: green staining begins on the right side of the abdomen. Body begins to swell.

3-4 days: staining spreads. Veins go "marbled" - a browny black discoloration

5-6 days: abdomen swells with gas. Skin blisters

2 weeks: abdomen very tight and swollen.

3 weeks: tissue softens. Organs and cavities bursting. Nails fall off.

4 weeks: soft tissues begin to liquefy. Face becoming unrecognisable

4-6 months: formation of adipocere, if in damp place. This is when the fat goes all hard and waxy.

http://www.mitchpileggi.net/Deep_Background/resources/forensics/bodies.htm

Not unless she had been kept in a vacuum airtight sack which may prevent the smell getting out ??

interesting that, SH went into such detail about the 'vacuuming' and housework he was doing on Friday morning...

but I think it would be unusual to have one around 5ft long laying about the house

I would not be surprised if there were further arrests in this case.

David Sharp seemed very supportive of SH

We need to remember ( me included) that some of this family are going to be truly grieving, with no involvement in these actions, I'm not having a go at all here by the way.
For all we know the Police may have asked David Sharp to go along with the charade in the hope of finding that one piece of evidence to bring the walls down on the case. he may have been the one who alerted the police to certain concerns early on,
its been said here already, but we just don't know - hopefully the Police do?

David Sharp seemed very supportive of SH
I think due to DS's age, he will have felt like SH was more of a family member, he must have been in his life since his teens......

I remember when my sister was divorcing her husband and everyone turned against him, I found it hard, he had been a part of my life since I was 13, it was very weird.

Sky News Newsdesk‏@SkyNewsBreak

Met Police say post-mortem on body found at Tia Sharp's grandmother's house has been halted for the night, no cause of death determined.

They have already admitted it was "human error"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-19223085

I strongly suspect her body was hidden in the water tank and the police didn't look in it

Look at the quote in BritsKate's post above. It clearly say's they searched the place the body was eventually found.

They have apologised to the mother publicly and quickly which is unusual.

If the body had been moved around the police would not have to apologise for anything.

I think it was very elaborately wrapped enough to fool the officer that searched there first.

Very good points but to be honest I think there may well be a ladder in the house, but the police just can't find it.:notgood::notgood:

Sounds reasonable - and perhaps any ladder there already would be preserved for potential evidence too. JMO

Sky News Newsdesk‏@SkyNewsBreak

Met Police say post-mortem on body found at Tia Sharp's grandmother's house has been halted for the night, no cause of death determined.

Can't be murder or manslaughter unless one is established.

Can't be murder or manslaughter unless one is established.

Is the UK different from the US? Scott Peterson was certainly convicted, and there was no cause of death or any details at all surrounding her death.

Look at the quote in BritsKate's post above. It clearly say's they searched the place the body was eventually found.

They have apologised to the mother publicly and quickly which is unusual.

If the body had been moved around the police would not have to apologise for anything.

I think it was very elaborately wrapped enough to fool the officer that searched there first.

I was already aware of what they police had said, and which BritsKate posted; i.e.

"All parts of the premises were searched including the location where a body was discovered..."

the water tank would be in the "location" (the loft) but it doesn't mean to say that the police actually looked in the water tank... if that makes sense..

I do agree with you though, her little body could have been elaborately wrapped and hidden well..... it still seems incredulous to me that they missed it..... it must be a fundamental 'human error' for them to have made this unprecedented apology

Thanks. I was not sure of how big the area, so was trying to picture if they could of realistically thought press would've followed on manhunt through towns giving them a chance to remove body. Such a sad situation. I have an 11 year old dd and cannot imagine this.

It'a a massive residential area, the TV show how many reporters and press are camped there. I'm gutted for all the innocent directly involved (Tia mainly of course), but I want answers. People concerned about the police mistakes....bore off!!! It's unimportant relative to the crime.

I was already aware of what they police had said, and which BritsKate posted; i.e.

"All parts of the premises were searched including the location where a body was discovered..."

the water tank would be in the "location" (the loft) but it doesn't mean to say that the police actually looked in the water tank... if that makes sense..

I do agree with you though, her little body could have been elaborately wrapped and hidden well..... it still seems incredulous to me that they missed it..... it must be a fundamental 'human error' for them to have made this unprecedented apology

as horrible as it sounds, her body may not have been in one form....or piece.

Welcome to Websleuths oldhat and everyone that has joined the past few days.

Going on memory here as I haven't lived in the UK for many years but on terraced houses (row houses or townhomes for Americans) I thought not every house had access to the loft? I also remember fire walls being virtually non-existant and no-one stored anything in the attic. If I am wrong and there is access from all houses Tia could have been moved. I can't get my head around that though.

The water tank - ours was in the airing cupboard and I think this is plausable as where Tia was stored.

Destroyer mentioned underneath the bathtub. Ours was boxed in with plywood and could easily be removed to do repairs. A body definitely could be wedged in there.

It'a a massive residential area, the TV show how many reporters and press are camped there. I'm gutted for all the innocent directly involved (Tia mainly of course), but I want answers. People concerned about the police mistakes....bore off!!! It's unimportant relative to the crime.

I dont think the CPS would share your views; the "police mistakes" could very well help the perp escape justice

This is a sleuthing forum.

interesting that, SH went into such detail about the 'vacuuming' and housework he was doing on Friday morning...

but I think it would be unusual to have one around 5ft long laying about the house

Without being gruesome then point if vacuum bags are that you can stuff items in them . Our spare king size duvet squashes to the size of a pillow once the air is squished out .
I dont think they would have had spare vacuum bags lying about though although that's just my personal opinion . Given I initially thought SHs interview was a convincing portrayal of innocence I would ignore anything I say though

I just don't get the motive. Someone give me some idea what the motive could be. If it was SH alone then it could be sexual, but the Grandmother arrested on suspicion of murder too? Really can't then be a sexual thing can it? Seriously? Give me a motive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvfire1018