Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is well after for these reasons.

Here is the body with the tarp in the stretcher about to be bought up.
position.jpg

Notice the green shade, 10+ people.

Now they are packing up.
900643-baden-clay-kholo-bridge-where-body-was-found.jpg

Now they are walking away
954549-body-recovered.jpg

Green tent should be visible in this last shot as it was setup above the first pylon.

Morning, have been thinking about these photos all night. The light is much better in the second & third & I wonder if they are setting up rather than packing up. It was getting later when they actually removed Allison from the scene and dark before they left. The green tent would have been used for primary examination. The ambos in blue suits are wearing gloves suggesting they are about to be doing their job. Others are looking over - perhaps deciding how to best approach. The tide looks high in the second & third & I wonder if they waited until it dropped to get better examination of surrounds before disturbing anything. Thanks again for the photos, passed over the bridge & again thanked those who placed the flowers, both sides now are a balanced & beautiful tribute.

Morning, have been thinking about these photos all night. The light is much better in the second & third & I wonder if they are setting up rather than packing up. It was getting later when they actually removed Allison from the scene and dark before they left. The green tent would have been used for primary examination. The ambos in blue suits are wearing gloves suggesting they are about to be doing their job. Others are looking over - perhaps deciding how to best approach. The tide looks high in the second & third & I wonder if they waited until it dropped to get better examination of surrounds before disturbing anything. Thanks again for the photos, passed over the bridge & again thanked those who placed the flowers, both sides now are a balanced & beautiful tribute.

Thanks OO, good thinking!..the 7 or so at the bridge look like ambo's, uniformed officers, etc. The detectives may not have arrived yet, these guys look like they are getting the lay of the land so to speak, and checking things out, rather than finishing up and going home.

I remember the reporter reporting in the dark at the bridge, where worked was still being carried out. Also, the tide will tell the sequence of photos. I cant get a good look at it in the top shot, but I know there are others of this shot to compare it with.

When the prosecution team gives the defense team the information tomorrow where will it happen ? Xxxx

When the prosecution team gives the defense team the information tomorrow where will it happen ? Xxxx

if it was court ordered to get the brief of evidence, wouldn't it have be done in court? or can they just hand it over?
Do you know if we will hear any more of the details?

Should be easy to tell if it's a morning/early arvo photo... which side of the bridge does the sun rise? then compare it with the way the shadows are cast.
I'm not sure which way the bridge faces compared to the sun etc... but that should be pretty easy to figure out.
Was her body discovered at 11am by the canoeist, or the police got there at 11 ?

Should be easy to tell if it's a morning/early arvo photo... which side of the bridge does the sun rise? then compare it with the way the shadows are cast.
I'm not sure which way the bridge faces compared to the sun etc... but that should be pretty easy to figure out.
Was her body discovered at 11am by the canoeist, or the police got there at 11 ?

From the courier mail-
"Ms Baden-Clay's family have been advised that the body, which was discovered by a passing canoeist at Kholo Creek in Mt Crosby about 11am today, "may be her''."

From the courier mail-
"Ms Baden-Clay's family have been advised that the body, which was discovered by a passing canoeist at Kholo Creek in Mt Crosby about 11am today, "may be her''."

Thankyou :) So, that would mean if they were setting up in the last 2 photos it would be around midday? Do those shadows look like that time of the day?

all the photos are taken in the afternoon..the sun rises in the lower left side of photos and sets in the upper right. Its mid afternoon I think as the shadows arent too long yet, nor too short!

I imagine the police must have been there by lunchtime and then the other teams and technicians and such would have been there soon after?
Does anyone know the process at a crime scene like this? would the medical examiner ( is that what we call them?) or coroner? along with detectives have been under the bridge for some time before forensics even get to go down there and do their thing? It would take all day and more wouldnt it? especially with so many different experts out there

if it was court ordered to get the brief of evidence, wouldn't it have be done in court? or can they just hand it over?
Do you know if we will hear any more of the details?

Maybe they can just turn it over, or use special couriers?
Do you think we'll hear anything? Little bits dribbled out? Who will do that, the prosecution or defence? I was thinking that the defence surely wouldn't want any damning evidence being leaked, would they? They might only chose to pick out things they see as circumstantial. Let's hope it's the prosecution who do the leaking.

Thankyou :) So, that would mean if they were setting up in the last 2 photos it would be around midday? Do those shadows look like that time of the day?

Linette, its later than that in the photos, more like 2 or 3 maybe? but I would have thought that there would have been a fair wait whilst the detectives and doctors etc examined the area and the body, before anyone could go about their work too.

all the photos are taken in the afternoon..the sun rises in the lower left side of photos and sets in the upper right. Its mid afternoon I think as the shadows arent too long yet, nor too short!

Just a minor correction Minni - hope you don't mind.

The bridge runs slightly at an angle to the east-west line, with the west end being slightly north, and the east end being slightly south. In other words, it runs from WNW to ESE.

So the sun rises on the RIGHT hand side of the photos (the east) and sets in the left (west).

Sorry to be picky.... ;)

EDIT: Apologies - I should have pointed out that I'm referring to the sun relative to the bridge. Of course, each photo will have its own aspect depending on the angle the photo was taken. But to orient the sun trajectory, think of the bridge running left to right, with the outlet of Kholo Creek below the bridge. In that case, the sun rises from the right and sets to the left. If the photo is taken from a different angle, then just turn the photo (in your mind) so that the bridge lines up with what I've described. My photos taken from Google Maps etc a couple of pages ago show the bridge in its true orientation.

Example - in those photos of Onlyone's above, the first one with the green tent is taken from slightly beyond Kholo Creek, with the Brisbane end (eastern end) of the bridge at the right. The other photos show the Brisbane end of the bridge (the eastern end, under which the body was found) towards the BOTTOM of the photos. The shadows are lengthening towards the bottom - i.e. the sun is getting lower at the top - the western end. Those last two photos would be late afternoon - say around 4-ish. Remember we are subtropical, and in April, our sun sets around 6-ish, with little or no twilight (for the benefit of those who don't live here).

Linette, its later than that in the photos, more like 2 or 3 maybe? but I would have thought that there would have been a fair wait whilst the detectives and doctors etc examined the area and the body, before anyone could go about their work too.

:). Ok, so you think these were before her body was removed. Yes, I imagine it would be a very lengthy process waiting for each to do their thing. That was something that confused me about the order of the photos yesterday, as the yellow thing was still like that in the middle of the road. I thought if they were packing up that it wouldn't be there? But I don't know, that was just something that I thought.

ARGHH!! The posting thing is doing it to me again. When I quote a post it shows another 2 or 3 posts coming up with it. I'm having to go back and delete them after I've posted, as they don't show up til I actually post.

The bridge runs slightly at an angle to the east-west line, with the west end being slightly north, and the east end being slightly south. In other words, it runs from WNW to ESE.

So the sun rises on the RIGHT hand side of the photos (the east) and sets in the left (west).

Sorry to be picky.... ;)

So going by that, would you say these are early afternoon photos?

What has really struck me this morning is regarding the blood (allegedly Allison's) in the back of the Captiva being consistent with the rear seat laying flat. I've been wondering how it can be so useful considering the myriad ways that the blood could have come to be there. But is this missing the point? How many situations are there that could explain blood in the back WITH the seat folded down? Remembering it was in their possession for only 8 weeks? That should rule out a few more? Eg. "oh, Allison bumped her head and had a lie down in the back of the car..." etc, someone would remember that happening within the last couple of months.

If I'm pointing out the obvious to everyone else but me, or repeating someone else's post which I haven't read yet, I apologise and respectfully ask that you ignore my post rather than flame me ... LOL

The above is all my opinion only, with a dash of fact. :)

So going by that, would you say these are early afternoon photos?

Sorry Linette - I just edited my post re this. I think it is LATE afternoon, say around 4-ish. I would think that it is AFTER the body has been retrieved. And the ambos, forensics, etc would still be wearing their gloves even once the body has been retrieved and taken away. That's part of their standard operating procedures. The body would have been transferred from the fibreglass retrieval stretcher to a standard gurney and then wheeled into the back of the vehicle for removal. That may have been an ambulance (although I'm not quite sure why they'd do that) or an undertaker-type van to take the body to FSS (Forensic and Scientific Services).

Sorry to be picky.... ;)

EDIT: Apologies - I should have pointed out that I'm referring to the sun relative to the bridge. Of course, each photo will have its own aspect depending on the angle the photo was taken. But to orient the sun trajectory, think of the bridge running left to right, with the outlet of Kholo Creek below the bridge. In that case, the sun rises from the right and sets to the left. If the photo is taken from a different angle, then just turn the photo (in your mind) so that the bridge lines up with what I've described. My photos taken from Google Maps etc a couple of pages ago show the bridge in its true orientation.

I dont mind at all Doc, I dont know my east from my west from my elbow!! I do know the sun rises in the east and sets in the west haha, but im certainly no human compass thats for sure

I was explaining the sun posiiton in relation to those photos that Wakeskate has up.. and from being at the bridge in the afternoon.. I have to go back and look now and mani's photos. We were there at 1pm.

Either way, if you are standing on the road looking at the bridge, facing towards Bunya St and the scout camp turn off, the sun is over near the camp? do you agree?

(this is just from memory, I actually am going to go and see so I can stop confusing myself

What has really struck me this morning is regarding the blood (allegedly Allison's) in the back of the Captiva being consistent with the rear seat laying flat. I've been wondering how it can be so useful considering the myriad ways that the blood could have come to be there. But is this missing the point? How many situations are there that could explain blood in the back WITH the seat folded down? Remembering it was in their possession for only 8 weeks? That should rule out a few more? Eg. "oh, Allison bumped her head and had a lie down in the back of the car..." etc, someone would remember that happening within the last couple of months.

If I'm pointing out the obvious to everyone else but me, or repeating someone else's post which I haven't read yet, I apologise and respectfully ask that you ignore my post rather than flame me ... LOL

The above is all my opinion only, with a dash of fact. :)

Yes, you would think it would rule out a lot of excuses he could come up with.
I've also thought about the excuses he will come up with, and the police will no doubt ask people if they have any recollection of another 'accident' happening.
I had even thought of this: Just say Allison really had hurt herself a while before, and did bleed... he would try and blame it on that... then the police say "Um, mate, that was 2 months before you got the car!" haha

I dont mind at all Doc, I dont know my east from my west from my elbow!! I do know the sun rises in the east and sets in the west haha, but im certainly no human compass thats for sure

Oh Minni... you sound just like me!! :floorlaugh: I only know the way the sun rises and sets, but nothing of it's relevance to anything else. {except for my own front and back yards}

Either way, if you are standing on the road looking at the bridge, facing towards Bunya St and the scout camp turn off, the sun is over near the camp? do you agree?

I'm not quite sure, Minni - do you mean you're standing looking ALONG the bridge towards the Mt Crosby end?

Just to clarify - if you stand on the bridge, looking over the rail UP Kholo Creek, with the Brisbane River BEHIND you, and the Brisbane end of the bridge on your right, then the sun comes up to your right and sets to your left.

Those shadows in Onlyone's photos are long and pointing towards the Brisbane end of the bridge. So it is late afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2