Drew Peterson's Trial *FOURTH WEEK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interview with SP took about an hour. She was upset at times, crying about Savio death and the surviving children.

Interview with SP was on March 3. Another interview with a paramedic was on the 10th. Falat was then moved to another case.

According to Falat, when he arrived at Savio's house on March 1, 2004 several Bolingbrook police officers were on the scene.

In 2010 Bryan Falat said he was "disgusted at how the investigation was handled" #drewpeterson

Now cross-examination of Falat begins.

Falat expressed reservations about DP being present. "We never interview two people in the same room." Collins overruled him.

Falat interviewed Stacy Peterson the next day, at her home with #DrewPeterson sitting next to her.

The more I read the more I wonder what Drew has on Collins. Why on earth did Collins hop into Drew's back pocket, like dirt on those Swiffer commercials? Ay yi yi!

from insession review;
In Session The sidebar ends. The witness says he and Sgt. Collins went next door to Steve Carcerano’s house, where they met Mary and Tom Pontarelli, Steve Carcerno, and Steve Maniaci. “Mary Pontarelli was visibly upset; her eyes were red and glassy…during the interview, she began to cry at times. Tom’s eyes were red and glassy, Steve Carcerano’s eyes were red and glassy…Mr. Maniaci’s eyes were again red and glassy; he teared up several times during the interview.” After these four people were interviewed, he was told by Sgt. Collins that they needed to go to the Bolingbrook Police Department to interview Drew Peterson. “I told Sgt. Collins that I didn’t think it was a good idea to interview Mr. Peterson at the police headquarters.” However, Sgt. Collins was his boss, and was in charge of the investigation. “Where did you end up going?” “To the Bolingbrook Police Department.”

In Session The sidebar ends. “Do you recall what time you began to speak with the defendant?” “Approximately 6:10 am.” “Who was present?” “Just myself, Sgt. Pat Collins, and Drew Peterson.” “Did other people come and go out of that room?” “Not during our interview…the majority of it was conducted by Sgt. Pat Collins.” “What was your role?” “To take notes, and write down what was said.” “What question did you ask the defendant?” “There was a question Sgt. Collins asked about any financial gain…I asked exactly what financial gain Mr. Peterson might get from Ms. Savio’s death. He said they had a $300,000 house that was all his now.” The witness describes the defendant as “jovial…he was joking almost with us.” “What other observations did you make about his demeanor?” Objection. The parties go to a sidebar.

In Session The sidebar ends. The interview with Peterson lasted until 7:15 am, after which he and Sgt. Collins went back to their headquarters. “Was there another interview you conducted?” “Yes, with Stacy Peterson…at her residence, the following day, March 3rd, at 3:00 pm.” “When you found out you were going to interview Stacy Peterson at her house, what if anything did you say?” “I was told by Sgt. Collins that Drew Peterson would be there during the interview, in the same room.” “Who was Stacy Peterson?” “His wife.”

In Session “When you got there, do you recall where you went?” “We walked into the residence and met with Stacy Peterson and Drew Peterson, and walked down into the basement area …we walked down the stairs, and it was at that time that Sgt. Collins told me that Drew was going to actually be in the interview. And so we moved to the side and talked about it …I told Sgt. Collins that I did not think it was a good idea that Drew was in the same room as Stacy, that we never interview two people in the same room.” “What’s the next thing that happened?” “We began the interview: myself, Sgt. Collins, Drew Peterson, and Stacy Peterson. We were sitting at a table in the basement; Sgt. Collins was on my right. Drew and Stacy were sitting right next to each other, less than a foot away.” “What was your role during the interview?’ “To assist with the interview and take notes.” “How long did that interview take place for?” “Approximately an hour…during the interview, Stacy Peterson became upset at times, and began to cry when she talked about the death of Miss Savio and the children.” “After you conducted the interview with Stacy Peterson, what’s the next thing you did?” “I believe we went back to our headquarters, and began to talk about the case… after we interviewed Stacy on March 3, 2004, I did one further interview with a paramedic on the 10th. But on the 9th I was assigned to two other cases, so I was off the case about a week later… I believe my last day [at Investigations] was at the end of April or beginning of May, 2004.” “Did you have any other involvement in this investigation?” “No, Sir.”

Those who made the decisions to leave DP in the room should be FIRED!

In Session Joe Lopez begins his cross-examination of Illinois State Police trooper Sgt. Bryan Falat. The witness is asked about the homicide investigation training that he received at the state police academy. “You were first assigned to be a patrol officer?” “Yes.” “You’ve been trained to write reports?” “Yes.” “You’ve written numerous reports from 1997 through 2004?” “Yes.” “You probably investigated hundreds of crashes?” “Quite a few crashes, yes.” “And that required lots of reports?” “Yes.” “So when it came to working at this temporary duty assignment, it was kind of a step up?” “I wouldn’t say that. It was different . . . it was investigations, as opposed to working patrol . . . my duties were to assist and to try to learn from the investigators who were already there . . . we had a field training program, where they’d go over stuff with us.” “Was Patrick Collins your field training officer?” “I don’t know if he was at that time.”

Trooper Falat testifies Drew #Peterson sat next to wife Stacy during her interview after Savio death, which made Falat uncomfortable..

Falat says he never saw Drew Peterson go into the bathroom.

Falat said he was not told scene was a homicide. It was a death investigation.

Falat again describing what he saw in bathroom: one shampoo bottle in tub with Savio. Contact lens case on counter.

Lopez asking Falat about the condom found in the trash. Falat says he told crime scene investigator about it.

Condom was not inventoried for evidence or tested.

In Session The witness repeats that he Sgt. Collins was his supervisor in this investigation. He arrived at the scene about 45 minutes after he was first called about it. He did not see Drew Peterson at the scene. “There were Bolingbrook police officers on the scene?” “Yes.” “The paramedics were not there, were they?” “Yes…we interviewed one a couple days later.” “Did somebody brief you before you entered the residence?” “Commander George and Sgt. Collins.” “When was it that Sgt. Collins came?” “A little after I did…we walked in there together.” “Did you see the paramedics exit the residence?” “Well, they were outside.” “So you never saw them inside the residence?” “No.” “Nobody told you that it was a homicide, did they?” “No.”

In master bedroom, Falat notes bedding was disturbed. One window's blinds were open. Another was closed.

Falat hesitates when asked if he did a thorough investigation.

Lopez: In tour of home, you didn't see anything out of the ordinary? Falat: "Aside from Ms. Savio in the bathtub without water in it?"

Whew!

Seems to be moving right along today, thank goodness!

In Session “When you got there, do you recall where you went?” “We walked into the residence and met with Stacy Peterson and Drew Peterson, and walked down into the basement area …we walked down the stairs, and it was at that time that Sgt. Collins told me that Drew was going to actually be in the interview. And so we moved to the side and talked about it …I told Sgt. Collins that I did not think it was a good idea that Drew was in the same room as Stacy, that we never interview two people in the same room.” “What’s the next thing that happened?” “We began the interview: myself, Sgt. Collins, Drew Peterson, and Stacy Peterson. We were sitting at a table in the basement; Sgt. Collins was on my right. Drew and Stacy were sitting right next to each other, less than a foot away.” “What was your role during the interview?’ “To assist with the interview and take notes.” “How long did that interview take place for?” “Approximately an hour…during the interview, Stacy Peterson became upset at times, and began to cry when she talked about the death of Miss Savio and the children.” “After you conducted the interview with Stacy Peterson, what’s the next thing you did?” “I believe we went back to our headquarters, and began to talk about the case… after we interviewed Stacy on March 3, 2004, I did one further interview with a paramedic on the 10th. But on the 9th I was assigned to two other cases, so I was off the case about a week later… I believe my last day [at Investigations] was at the end of April or beginning of May, 2004.” “Did you have any other involvement in this investigation?” “No, Sir.”

RBBM: I wonder IF Stacy would have been interviewed alone -- NOT with DP there "controlling" the investigation -- IF she would have told LE more, or told the truth ? KWIM ? ... like DP being gone in the night, and coming home and washing clothes -- hinky to begin with as he probably never did laundry in the middle of the night anyway ...

By then, she had to know she was married to a :silenced:

:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members