Drew Peterson's Trial *FOURTH WEEK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My fear is it will never make it to the jury. The judge seems to be laying out a foundation to rule there is no evidence. jmo

The Herald-News ‏@Joliet_HN
#DrewPeterson court is back in session.

I am a little worried about the judge;s admonition that the state had not yet ' put Peterson at the scene' of Kathleen's death.

Today, when the DT asks for the charges to be dropped for lack of states ability to prove the charges....could the judge agree and let Drew walk?

I guess we should be grateful for small favors - at least he didn't say it in front of the jury. :smh:

ETA: Is proof he was there part of motive, means and opportunity now?

In Session
about a minute ago
Watch this thread for live updates from the Drew Peterson murder trial!

The judge is back on the bench. “Have you located the transcript on Mr. Peterson’s behalf, Mr. Greenberg?” Greenberg: “Yes.” With that, the judge sends for the jury.

I've never heard a judge give an opinion about a victim's injuries ever. Is he a medical doctor?

That must be his night job after he's done tucking the defense team in their beds and reading them a bedtime story.

Court is back in session, jury being brought in

The judge is on the bench. “Have you located the transcript on #drewpeterson's behalf?” Greenberg: “Yes.” The judge sends for the jury.

trial resumes with Bolingbrook Police Lt. Brian Hafner on the stand. He will say DP is a certified evidence technician.

Stacy St. Clair ‏@StacyStClair
#DrewPeterson trial resumes with Bolingbrook Police Lt. Brian Hafner on the stand. He will say DP is a certified evidence technician.

In Session The jurors are now back in the courtroom, and prosecutor Connor calls the next witness: Brian Hafner. “I am a lieutenant with the Bolingbrook Police Department.” He’s been with the Bolingbrook P.D. for about 21 years. The witness says he is familiar with the kinds of documents that are placed into Bolingbrook P.D. personnel files.

Based on the interactions between the judge and the defense team, I feel as if the judge thinks the state does not have a case. If this were a bench trial, he would find DP not guilty.

State calls Brian Hafner, a Bolingbrook police lieutenant with 21 years on the force.

Hafner IDs a Jan. 6, 1984 memo indicating that Peterson has been appointed to a role of evidence technician. He IDs Peterson in court.

Memo: in January 1984 #DrewPeterson and two other officers were appointed evidence technicians at BPD

State ends questioning Hafner. Greenberg begins cross.

In Session Connor shows the witness three documents. “Could you identify what that is?” “[The first] is a memo that indicates that the position of evidence tech has been appointed to [two officers] and Peterson.” This memo is then published, over a defense objection. “What is the date on that memo?” “Jan. 6, 1984.” “Who are the officers appointed to that position?” “Ofcs. Peterson, Dodge, and Twomey… that would be Ofc. Drew Peterson.” He then identifies the defendant in the courtroom. The next document is “a certificate of achievement for 8 hours of basic crime scene, dated 1988.” The final document is “a certificate of completion for Drew W. Peterson, dated July 9, 1981. He had completed a course in evidence handling and introduction for forensic techniques.” “Who was that certificate issued for?” “Drew Peterson.” That completes the direct testimony of this witness.

In Session Greenberg begins his cross. “Did you look through the entire personnel file?” Objection/Overruled. “I did not.” “Have you seen any evidence technician training certificates that postdate 1988?” “I have not.” “Let’s start with 1988 and go backwards . . . the 1988 course, how long was that course?” “The certificate says it was 8 hours.” “What did they teach?” “Basic crime scene techniques . . . I don’t know exactly what they taught in that class.” Objection/Overruled. The prosecution asks for a sidebar.

Upon Greenberg question, Hafner says there are no certificates post-1988.

Hafner is shown 3 documents: “[The first] is a memo that indicates that the position of evidence tech has been appointed to #drewpeterson.”

The next document is a certificate of achievement for 8 hours of basic crime scene, dated 1988. #drewpeterson

Hafner says he doesn't know what, specifically, was taught in evidence handling class (fingerprinting, blood-handling).

Jury taken out :rollercoaster:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member