IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the link, this line still resonates.Sounds almost like LE think it is someone who presents as a "respectable", or "wouldn't harm a fly" type person.

"Whoever abducted the girls is known by many people, although their relatives, neighbors and co-workers may not think they are capable of such a thing, the sheriff’s office said"

That is why I have thought from the start it could be a closet pedophile. One who may be very respected and well liked in the community but may have molested his own family members and they never told anyone.

Someone like David Westerfield when he finally ventured out of his comfort zone and kidnapped Danielle Van Dam in order to rape and murder her.

Someone that the girls may see consistently but never felt uncomfortable around them.

IMO

Looked, but cannot find in this link or the others where LE is looking for weirdos intuitives and eye witnesses?.Does that mean they are looking for strange or unusual persons seen or known in the neighbourhood?

Police released 6 key points. One of them was that they wanted locals to use their "intuition" and report anyone that was acting odd.

They were right by Lizzie's house on that video, I would think if they were scared they would have just gone home

OT:
Reminds me of the time when my little sister and I rode our bikes to Woolworth's. (70's) I was 11, she was 5. Unbeknownst to me, she had slipped a pair of garish, bright green earrings into her pocket. Not funny at the time, but it kind of is now~lol. After making a purchase, we left on our bikes. I'll never forget the store manager chasing/ grabbing my sister and dragging her back to the store.

NOT implying anything. :moo:

Simply jogged my memory is all.

I'm thinking that a camera at the firehouse may have caught the vehicle heading down Arbutus and later heading out, i.e., "arriving" "departing" the "area". MOO

ETA: They may have the girls biking with a vehicle entering Arbutus going toward the lake following them and only the vehicle exiting. MOO

Excellent thought process! I agree. Once someone had the girls which way would they go to get out of town quickly? Would it make sense to go west on Arbitus continuing up South Evans drive and then turn west on Gilbert drive, south on River Forest Road to gain entry on 380. Or if perp was very familiar with area would he have stayed on Gilbert?? Or would he have gone north to Waterloo?

Police released 6 key points. One of them was that they wanted locals to use their "intuition" and report anyone that was acting odd.

The LE must really think it is someone local. I wonder why?

Excellent thought process! I agree. Once someone had the girls which way would they go to get out of town quickly? Would it make sense to go west on Arbitus continuing up South Evans drive and then turn west on Gilbert drive, south on River Forest Road to gain entry on 380. Or if perp was very familiar with area would he have stayed on Gilbert?? Or would he have gone north to Waterloo?

You make an excellent point. The town has so many winding streets, it felt like a maze when I was there. I bet he had a plan of exit.

Perfect storm.....No kidding CN2. I agree, especially seeing it's
2 months later and the girls are still missing.
AsFar as we know there isn't a poi.
And no evidence not even a clue leaked to the public.

Now how can 2 little girls be kidnapped in the middle of the day and no body see anything??? :banghead::moo:

Perfectly said..... the The perfect storm.. Thank you.

On Children being Kidnapped and how Predators and RSO convince children

I really Good Award winning movie that had Tons and Tons of research go into it to make it as accurate as possible is:

Gardens of the Night

***Warning it is very disturbing and will Tear your heart out****

You can watch it free here...

http://www.ovguide.com/gardens-of-the-night-9202a8c04000641f800000000a2202dd

I watched this movie about a week ago, I cryed so hard. That poor girl. :please:

What kind of person would the girls trust enough to risk getting in trouble over? Someone they would trust more than they would fear getting in trouble? Someone like a GMA? A GPA? An authority figure? A teacher? A preacher? A coach? A park ranger? A policeman? A fireman? A woman? Someone they have a crush on? MOO

I think maybe Lyric was used to characters of a different nature, if ya know what I mean.

does anyone else have this painful feeling this case will go cold? Ugh I hate even saying it.

what are the odds of a stranger from another state wandering into Edale and finding that exact blind and concealed portion of the trail and abducting 2 girls without a trace and no one noticing on a Friday afternoon in the summer?
I think not likely.
I still believe the person lives there or near the area, lived there in the past or vacationed in that area and is familiar w/ the lay of the land and maybe the girls as well.
JMO

You are correct. Dogs, both by instinct and training, are supposed to track from oldest scent left to newest.

Doesn't mean that a dog can't or won't make a mistake. But for two high level dogs to make the exact same mistake seems unlikely to me.

Thank you! The dogs wouldn't be much help if they tracked the opposite way because it would take them from where the person was most recently back to where the person had been earlier. So it tells me that their scent had been more recently in the woods than close to the water, right?

Also posted this link in cold case of Mattie Restine and Patty Pritz.

I certainly hope this case is solved much quicker than this one, but thinking of how this perp. then 17 years old, was protected by his Mother until she told the truth on her deathbed.He was a neighbour, this is how he tried to lure the girls, one "got away".

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/a...-cold-case-killing-of-7-year-old-girl-in-1957
" The star witness was Chapman, the friend who had been playing with Ridulph on Dec. 3, 1957, on the corner of Archie Place and Center Cross Street.

She said a young man calling himself “Johnny” approached, asking if they liked dolls and offering piggyback rides. After Ridulph ran home to get her doll, Chapman went to grab mittens. When she returned, her friend and the man were gone"

Thank you Sunlight. 55 years, but justice was finally served. Ugh! Only 17 at the time of the murder and went on to enlist in the military and then worked as a Washington State police officer. It took 5 months to locate Maria's remains. His mother confessed on her deathbed to his half sister. Thank goodness his old girlfriend was brave enough to come forward regarding the unused train ticket. At 72, he's finally getting what he deserved.... not exactly instant karma, but he got what was coming to him eventually.

Short story for you. When I was about 9 and lived in Sandiego, I was walking to school which was only a block away from my house. This guy in a red pinto pulled up along side me and asked if I wanted to make a hundred. I ran home. I'm so glad I wasn't guilable and would of considered the money not knowing what the pervert meant.

Cook_Collins_timeline3.jpg

Tips, maybe? For all we know, they've had calls from locals that gave them enough reason to add certain people to their list of possible suspects.
Or they could just surmise from everything they know so far that it had to be someone familiar with the area in order to grab the girls and get out in a short timeframe without being seen.
And that's pretty much what most of us have been thinking all along. This was not a random stranger, IMO.

Well, it would depend on whether "it" would want a quick release of the urge to use the girls, or if "it" was planning to house them or take them far away. If it was the first case scenario, and it knew the area..continuing on Gilbert and hanging a right on McCoy and taking that to the very end of the road...looks to me like a perfect place that is remote..then dump into the pondy/lake thing there or right into the river, or into the woods.

If it was someone wanting to not get caught in traffic, then whatever the quickest route to the highway would seem likely..from there, it is a crapshoot.

Could be it would just take them right into a city..right into Waterloo and into a house or warehouse or shed.

MOO

ETA: They could still be in E'dale, however, LE stated that they believe a vehicle "departed the area". But, that could just mean the immediate area by the lake where the bikes were found.

Tips, maybe? For all we know, they've had calls from locals that gave them enough reason to add certain people to their list of possible suspects.
Or they could just surmise from everything they know so far that it had to be someone familiar with the area in order to grab the girls and get out in a short timeframe without being seen.
And that's pretty much what most of us have been thinking all along. This was not a random stranger, IMO.

I just keep thinking of the guy that has been traveling Iowa in a white or black van and trying to abduct kids. We don't know if it's the same guy in all instances, but what if it is.

Maybe Otto can draw up some maps of the quickest ways to get out of town? Hint hint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg