CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
This leaves us room to hope that it's the creepy freak pedofiles body, and that Jessica is safely hiding out somewhere. Please let me have a moment to think that!

:therethere:

It's getting awfully hard to cling to hope, isn't it? But until we know for sure, I think you should just keep thinking your positive thought!

I would say they're waiting for DNA. There are 2 other missing girls (Elizabeth and Lyric) and one of them bears a striking resemblance to Jessica(Elizabeth).

I'm sure it takes time to obtain dental records. Time to track down the dentist, time to call in a forensic odontologist..... more than minutes.

Maybe a day or two if records are easily obtainable. Also, dental records can only be used if she has had dental work, fillings etc.

Also, we don't know what condition the remains were found. It could take months for an official id depending on the condition of the remains.

I don't know the protocol but wouldn't LE have inquired into dental records from the very beginning?

Knowing that remains have been found, no matter what the condition, the perp has to be very nervous wondering if they in fact had covered all of their traces.

Not necessarily. The police at the scene have likely a good idea from visual but the body will go to a medical examiner for dental and/or DNA testing. Dental takes less time but not everyone has dental records. DNA results take longer. Then the family will be notified.

Do you think the family might already know? I mean, even if LE still has to wait for test results, if the body was clad in or found near clothing that matches what Jessica wore to school that day, wouldn't LE tell the family that rather than making them wait for the more definitive proof?

I posted earlier but have not received confirmation that this has been discussed. DSP, a former Westminster middle school teacher, was arrested this summer on child *advertiser censored*. He lived in Lakewood, CO, not far from where the body was found. His name and arrest are plainly online.

It appears that a number of local teachers were arrested on child *advertiser censored* chargers in that area. Is it possible that's an area where they gather and trade? I feel the need to wash my brain just for thinking it.

I am pretty sure this is a LE search party, the buses are coming from the PD where the search team was gathering very early this morning.

Do you think the family might already know? I mean, even if LE still has to wait for test results, if the body was clad in or found near clothing that matches what Jessica wore to school that day, wouldn't LE tell the family that rather than making them wait for the more definitive proof?

I had a thought that, perhaps when LE said last night that there were would an update at 6:30am, that they assumed the family may come and positively ID her. Otherwise, what did they expect to change literally overnight? Then maybe the family just couldn't do it - maybe LE advised against it due to her condition, maybe it was just too difficult for them.

I'm just speculating. Just trying to figure out why they scheduled an update at 6:30am, just hours after the update last night, if they had not expected to have new information...

I don't know much about how each LE Department handles these types of cases...but I am thinking that this delay is for the perp, because they know he is local and they want to watch his actions at the news of the body being located.

Having said that, I am surprised they are continuing on with searches, etc. They have been searching the area repeatedly for days now. But even so, there must be a purpose in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500