CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since last night, the whole setting stirs up images in my mind from the movie "Seven"....the open space with LE lined up along the roadway, etc, (I won't elaborate). I can't get this out of my head...

I'm creeped out now as that's what I was thinking. I'm hoping it doesn't end the same.
Ugh this is all so gruesome. Poor Jessica and her family.

My daughter said the helicopters have been flying over Standley Lake non stop as of yesterday.

At the :58 mark in the video, you can see a clown-masked face in the right of the image .. probably one of the film makers.

Not only creepy .. but at the 1:03 mark, the structure appearing in the video looks extremely similar to the structure located next to where the "not intact" body was found.

Coming to this case a little late and have spent most of the day playing catch up. My heart is breaking right now. So not wanting this to be Jessica she looks like such a sweet girl. Prayers are going out to the family as well as LE.

From the way it sounds I am thinking an animal did this. If she was taken on the 5 today is the 11 that is several days for an animal to rough the body up.

Trees can easily fall over especially when the ground is really wet and there is 80 + miles an hour wind. Where we live we have straight winds all the time and each time new trees come crashing down.

I respectfully disagree. I suspect they're looking for body parts. Tragic beyond words.

BBM

Where did you hear/read this about a torso? I haven't seen it posted here today, so I'd say it's rumor.

she read it on post 355 where clearly states there is a torso in a black garbage bag, since no one else has reported this to be fact, maybe someone should ask the person who posted this info TODAY to provide a link for it or let the police ask a few questions about the comment JMO

First time poster here.

Hate to be a bother but could someone please briefly catch me up on what has happened since they found the car? Got a heap of work to do today and don't have time to read back.

I see everyone already answered, so...
:fireworks::welcome::fireworks:

I'm sorry, but if residents are waiting for an ID and to determine if there's a murderer around, Jessica sure didn't walk to that spot or whoever the body is, didn't put themselves there. The fact that a person was already driving around trying to have contact with children before this case says any child was in danger of being abducted. Not to mention the fact there's missing children and missing adults all over the US everyday. No child should be without supervision of an adult, not even in groups. It's not just girls in danger, boys are taken at bus stops with other children there. The public should not live in fear, just make sure your children are always being watched by trusted adults.

Look at the pages and pages of missing persons on websleuths and you'll see...

I can't say I don't agree with you, even though statistically, it isn't very likely to happen. But, I can't think of anything as horrific as being abducted and murdered by a predator. So, why take the chance?

It is a real shame, though. Some of my fondest memories are of being a young kid, riding around alone on my bike or roaming with a friend in lonely areas like unused train tracks or culverts. I had a great time and a huge amount of freedom. It was priceless.

I can't help thinking about the sick individual that posted those disgusting videos of a recorded call to authorities about having Jessica onto youtube now. They have been taken down but my goodness it was mentioned some horrific things. I think police will have tracked down these people and as far as i am concerned after todays revelations they should be locked up for a long time.

Wow. What videos are you talking about? I missed a lot of the threads on this case.

My daughter wants to go out to dinner with a friend tonight, I want her to stay home until something is resolved in this.
But I know, there can and always will be another wacko right around the corner. This is terrible. I want to go and live in a cave with a gun.

Aw, you don't want to live in a cave! As long as women follow certain safety plans, like being alert, confident (Ted Bundy knew a woman was going to be his next victim just by the way she walked or moved), traveling in pairs when it's after dark, not allowing strange men to approach them when they are alone, etc., life can be lived. I refuse to allow monsters to imprison me.

Westminster Police ‏@WestminsterPD The Search Command Post has moved to 86th and Simms which will continue to move with search efforts. #jessicaridgeway

Where is 86th and Sims? What's the significance of the move?

222044_10152115477525408_2059566672_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...0823435408.575888.137502455407&type=1&theater

Wow. Thanks for this. This looks like a pretty good sketch. I hope it gets disseminated all over.

In the attached helicopter video screen cap, the first circle indicates where the body was found .. shows blood-stained ground, the second circle also shows blood-stained ground. The square shows what appears to be a drainage pipe extending from under the road. LE has it explicitly illuminated.

I'm wondering if the body was not originally hidden in the pipe and eventually dragged up the hill by an animal(s)?

Attachments

• pattridge park.jpg
    pattridge park.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 244
I just got home from work, and am trying to catch up. Can someone provide a quick run down of the days events? Have they found something of importance? TIA.

ETA-whats this about a car? And a torso?

Where is this in relation to where the body was found?

TIA

It is spelled Standley Lake not Stanley as listed in the twitter post.
It is about 4ish miles slightly northeast of where the body was found. The large body of water shown in one of the maps posted farther up in this thread.
I’m not sure how to post a map… maybe someone else can help with that. Pretty please!

OMG, the title of the creepy song is "Ghosts".... My skin is crawling.

I have heard local kids talk about the area as haunted or spooky. It's dark and isolated and has old structures left over from the long abandoned coal mine. Near the west end of Leyden Road is a flame that burns methane from the landfill and gives off an odd blue light. Probably why a local kid making a video in this area would chose that music.

It is spelled Standley Lake not Stanley as listed in the twitter post.
It is about 4ish miles slightly northeast of where the body was found. The large body of water shown in one of the maps posted farther up in this thread.
I’m not sure how to post a map… maybe someone else can help with that. Pretty please!

86th and Simms (where the command center will now be located) is one of the main entrance areas to the Standley Lake Park

In the attached helicopter video screen cap, the first circle indicates where the body was found .. shows blood-stained ground, the second circle also shows blood-stained ground. The square shows what appears to be a drainage pipe extending from under the road. LE has it explicitly illuminated.

I'm wondering if the body was not originally hidden in the pipe and eventually dragged up the hill by an animal(s)?

I don't think we can say with any certainty that is blood stained ground. It looks too bright to me. Could be red pieces of fabric, or red flags stuck into the ground where evidence was found.

JessicaRidgwayCOpossiblesuspect.jpg

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...r-arrested-child-*advertiser censored*-charge

The man to the right is:

Westminster middle school teacher arrested on child *advertiser censored* charge
Posted: 07/24/2012 05:22:42 PM MDT
July 24, 2012 11:29 PM GMTUpdated: 07/24/2012 05:29:02 PM MDT

Quote:

Daniel Stephen Patterson, a 35-year-old language arts teacher from Mandalay Middle School in Westminster, has been arrested on charges related to sexual exploitation of a child, Lakewood police said Tuesday.

Patterson, who lives in Lakewood, was arrested late last week at the request of Denver police, who had reason to believe Patterson possessed child *advertiser censored*, Lakewood police said.

Lakewood detectives used a search warrant at Patterson's home in the 1900 block of Vance Street, and he was arrested based on what was found there, Lakewood police said in a news release.

Patterson has taught at Mandalay Middle School since last August. He had worked at Wheat Ridge Middle School since August 2009, and previously at North High School in Denver, Lakewood police stated.

NOT saying this man was responsible for Jessica's disappearnce and probable murder, however I indeed belive that he should be looked at.

Uggh, just checked in after a brief absence.

Remains not intact :(

First thought, poor Zahra Baker and what her murderer did to her body.

Awful. I sincerely hope this is not Jessica they have found but that might even be more frightening to locals. A kidnapped child and then a horrific abuse of some other unidentified person's corpse.

Sadly, I am still convinced it will be Jessica.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jme81