CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
1m ago
#denverchannel confirming 3 search teams out in neighborhood 5 miles fm #jessicaridgeway home. Still waiting for updates fm #westminsterpd

Follow Jessica Ridgeway hashtag to locate this tweet.

Bless you...this needed to be said! The father of another student can not be responsible for following up when he had no reason to believe there was ANY kind of a problem. For all we know, it could have been a weekly occurrence that JR did not show up on time or at ALL to walk after making arrangements. If he HAD called her home, it would have done no good...NO one was answering! AND had he called the school, they would likely never have told him anything due to privacy laws. It IS a parents responsibility to make arrangements for accommodating their own schedule quirks by having another responsible adult on their emergency call list. One that is available to answer the phone. What if JR had been hit by a car and taken to a hospital? Who would have answered a call to go to sign for her medical care? Of course this mother had no intention of neglecting her child, she just assumed that all would be OK as usual. BUT, that is why it is called an emergency, and why the school has a plan in place, and why every parent should make sure their call list is up to date and has a "for sure" person available when they may not be.

jmo

What struck me was J's father noted the later phone call came from an 'unknown' number .. but perhaps he was simply repeating what the caller id feature displayed. That was the call placed from JR's mother's cell phone. Since that information is not complete, I suspect J's answers were to quite specific questioning, including, "did you recognize the phone number (as displayed via caller id)"?

But still, why would you have to make that point ("unknown") if it was simply another phone call from JR? Well, how often had JR called the "J" residence, and how often using mom's cell phone?

I am not intending to imply anything beyond the psychology behind the story .. why certain details were provided, how it was elicited, etc.

That would be what I would do -Throw the bag in a dumpster. This monster wants this to be like a game it seems. That is why I am wondering if there was something else in the bag that they wanted LE to see. I see why LE is not coming out and telling everything they know but the bag found on the sidewalk/street appears to be a taunt. The park looked so rough there were some serious places to hide her. jmo

I had also thought that the bag was left on the sidewalk, probably with her clothes and glasses in it, because the location was in the opposite direction from where her body was found. Sierra Lamar's purse was also placed in the opposite direction. I think it is conceivable that the perp - whether someone close to Jessica, or a complete stranger, stupidly thought that since the bag was placed in the opposite direction of the body, it would cause LE to focus in that area, and delay the discovery of the actual body. Just a thought....

Note:

We still have no official word that the body found is even a child, much less Jessica OR that it was dismembered by a suspect.

However, thinking ahead if this is a dismembered child, these other cases are here for comparison.

Child dismemberment cases so far:

Adam Walsh - stranger

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/12/16/AR2008121603090.html

Leiby Kletzky - 8 years old abducted off the street walking to school , drugged and dismembered.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144572&highlight=lieby

Holly Jones - neighbor

http://www.hollyjones.ca/

Aliahna Lemmon - 9 years old - murdered and dismembered by the "babysitter."

Aliahna Maroney Lemmon - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Leslie Mahaffy - "family"

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/leslie-mahaffy

Jori Lirette - 7 years old with Special Needs - decapitated and dismembered by his "father."

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147129&highlight=jori

Zahra Baker - "Stepmother"

Zahra Clare Baker - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Hi MsF: Leslie Mahaffy was abducted, raped, killed and dismembered by the evil psychos Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka, not family. So by strangers to the victim.

CBSDenver ‏@CBSDenver

FBI: #Jessica Ridgeway suspect description: White male, 55-60yo, 185-200 lbs, short strawberry-blond or white hair, neatly trimmed..(more)

This sounds like the WY suspect-:waitasec:

Yes, that. I think he sees HIMSELF as a victim. I'll be he's been seeing himself as a victim for a long time, and that will likely show up in his work/education history. I also think that's why, if that is her body that was found, the "disposal" (I hate to use that word) was so violent, complete overkill, actually, considering he just left it out in the open. It just doesn't make any sense to go and do all of that, and not, say, go out into a completely isolated place and bury it.

(I'm really sorry this is so graphic. It feels dirty to say it, but I don't think there's any way to make euphemisms around it and still communicate clearly). :(

I have the feeling it wasn't "overkill" per se, but rather, a very meticulous and methodical way of cleaning up the evidence. I think he put her in the culvert thinking she would decompose and/or animals would take care of things. I think he wasn't raging when he did that part of the act. I bet he's a cool cucumber. A very scary predator.

CBSDenver ‏@CBSDenver

FBI: #Jessica Ridgeway suspect description: White male, 55-60yo, 185-200 lbs, short strawberry-blond or white hair, neatly trimmed..(more)

Sounds like the abduction in WY?

CBSDenver ‏@CBSDenver

That is the description of the abductor from Wyoming. Is the media confusing the two?

I cannot and will not place any blame on Jessica's mother.

Can you honestly say you have been the perfect parent 100% of the time?
If you say yes, you are not being truthful.

Her mom is going through so much agony right now, I cannot even imagine.
It hurts me immensely to see people saying it's her fault..

Just to kind of add.... we (as in crime buffs, amateur sluethers, etc...) probably only make up about 10% of society, mostly everyone else lives under the umbrella of "it would/could never happen to me or my loved ones".

CBSDenver ‏@CBSDenver

ETA: I have the live feed of #jessicaridgeway open and this appeared just second ago. Upon returning to their page I couldn't find it. Wonder if it was deleted? Should I delete this post?

I remember this description for somebody a little while back? Do you have a link?

Yes you guys are right.. it does sound like the suspect in the WY abduction. Since the tweet was removed so quickly I wonder if it was a mistake? Think I should delete my post?

I think & this is only MOO-But we should lay off the blaming of people & wait for LE to give us the suspect to blame-blaming someone now is not helping find her killer.
Sorry if I offended anyone!

CBSDenver ‏@CBSDenver

ETA: I have the live feed of #jessicaridgeway open and this appeared just second ago. Upon returning to their page I couldn't find it. Wonder if it was deleted? Should I delete this post?

I think that is the same as the WY abductor

Yes you guys are right.. it does sound the suspect in the WY abduction. Since the tweet was removed so quickly I wonder if it was a mistake? Think I should delete my post?

I think I would delete as not to cause a lot of confusion.

Yes you guys are right.. it does sound like the suspect in the WY abduction. Since the tweet was removed so quickly I wonder if it was a mistake? Think I should delete my post?

It does seem to be their mistake.

This sounds like the WY suspect-:waitasec:

Yes, it does seem like the Wyoming suspect. If it is in fact the same person, it does seem odd the way the perpuator acted, as I believe the WY case was after Jessica.

Perhaps they got a DNA match. Would make sense, it would maybe take 2-3 days to get a match and if it was the body they found perhaps they matched the DNA.

If it is the same person, at least 2 children I believe from WY would have seen this person and possibly could come up with a sketch. I would suspect that something happened in this person's life recently (divorce, death,etc) that would have made him go on this spree, if that is indeed the case.

They have to catch this guy soon. He is likely to turn up in some other state and do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value