CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not sure I agree with the opinion....and it is a very dangerous one for people to hold on to, IMO....

I hate to say it...but over time looking thru very lists of sex offenders (not just for this case, just over time), I have seen a number of attractive looking offenders.

In fact, in my county alone there are a few that if you saw on the street you would probably say he is attractive - and their addresses are actually located in upperclass areas.

Sex offenders (child molestors) come in all shapes, sizes, social and economic status, etc etc...

Yes, but one can be a registered "Sex Offender" for having been an 18-year-old boy, who slept with his younger teen girlfriend. I'm not saying that's OK, but it happens to some of the nicest, kindest, attractive boys. Those boys can end up getting degrees, and becoming good citizens, but must remain a registered "sex offender". Personally, I find these types of offenders as a whole different breed from those who are creepy old men raping young children. I don't believe that all states list the crime. In the state where I used to live, I believe they just had to register. There was no differeniation b/w the types.

Thought: when you plot the points where the backpack and the body were found, and where Jessica was abducted from, it makes a rough half-circle. Does anybody think the perp might live in the other half of that circle?

The only thing that makes sense to me about the location is that he thought it was more isolated than it really is -- thought he was dumping it in a remote location.

Thats why I don't think it's a local.

Unless he destroyed that part of her body?
IIRC they first said they did not know the gender.
I freaked out at that statement,then i thought more about that.
I am so sorry for thinking this

This monster has made us all think of wicked scenarios. And this monster is the ONLY one who should be sorry. hugs

In the pictures that have been posted and in the aerial map views, it shows that there is a vehicle pull off just beyond where her body was found. Is there some law that keeps people from parking in a pull out for a couple hours and going exploring from there?

If not, then it seems to me that someone could just park in the pull off, go over, under or through the fence and be right there. Carrying a weight of 50 pounds (estimated) for a total of maybe 100 yards wouldn't be that difficult, just brazen.

Maybe she was alive at that point? Maybe she was trying to escape and went under the fence, then he caught her?

Yes, but one can be a registered "Sex Offender" for having been an 18-year-old boy, who slept with his younger teen girlfriend. I'm not saying that's OK, but it happens to some of the nicest, kindest, attractive boys. Those boys can end up getting degrees, and becoming good citizens, but must remain a registered "sex offender". Personally, I find these types of offenders as a whole different breed from those who are creepy old men raping young children. I don't believe that all states list the crime. In the state where I used to live, I believe they just had to register. There was no differeniation b/w the types.

Did you know that if you are caught peeing on a gravel road, you will be charged for indecent exposure and put on the RSO site.:jail:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/hundreds-attend-jessica-ridgeway-balloon-memorial/story?id=17471928

Stephen Teske, who works with Sarah Ridgeway, created JessicaRidgeway.com to collect donations for the family. Since 7:30 p.m. Friday, it has received more than $10,000.

Investigators searched 500 homes and 1,000 vehicles in the last week, said James Yacone, special agent in charge of the FBI's Denver office. They also received 1,500 tips.

"We recognize there is a predator at large in our community," Westminster, Colo., Police Chief Lee Birk said.

Birk said the search for Ridgeway's murderer will continue.

The FBI released a profile of who they think committed the crime: a man who either didn't show up to work on Oct. 5 or he found an excuse. The report also details the abnormal ways this man would react to news coverage of Ridgeway's disappearance and murder.

I just wanted to add, I think this crime was quite premeditated. SOme official said the criminal was organized. That isn't likely in my eyes to be someone wandering through town, or someone who just grabbed a kid, any kid. I think this guy watched the area, and watched for kids that were typically alone for a period of time. I think he stalked to see which routes she took, and who she took them with. I think he had the route he was taking and how he was gonna get her in his car all planned out. I think he was waiting for her when she went past him, and he lured or grabbed her....

There is a reason an official used the term organized. I'm wondering if this means that he gave himself more escape time by leaving the remains not in tact. He knew it would take them longer to figure out who she was if he did that, and leave him more time to get away, change himself, his car... his appearance.... his lifestyle.

One more thing to consider. If he didn't live in that area at the time of the abduction, I'm betting we'll find out one day that he spent considerable time in that area as a kid, a teen or a young adult. He knew the area, he knew the blind spots in the area.

Lastly since I AM a photographer I can provide you with food for thought:
any decent photographer, even amateur with some experience or a student will tell you the two best times of day for "shooting" outside are just after the sun comes up (the two hours before) and just before the sun goes down (the two hours before the sun goes down). I don't live in that area, so I don't know just *how* popular this area is where the remains were found for photographers - but I'm wondering if the perp knows anything about photography? Then he would know when he would look least suspcious, and could get in and out without really being noticed. Just a thought.

The organized/disorganized classification is one of the most commonly cited classifications of violent serial offenders. This distinction between offenders is made on the criteria that it can be drawn from an examination of the crime scene and the victim.
The organized offender leads an orderly life that is reflected in the way he commits his crimes. He is said to be of average to high intelligence, socially competent, and more likely than the disorganized offender to have skilled employment. In many instances, he lives with a girlfriend or is married. He may even be a father. He will plan his offense before the opportunity arises often for weeks, months, and even years before acting. He is aware of his growing compulsion to act out his murderous desire. He will typically use restraints on the victim, and bring a weapon with him, which he will then take with him when he leaves. Typically, the organized offender leaves three crime scenes: Where the victim is confronted, where the victim is killed, and where the victim's body is disposed of (Vronsky, 2004).more at this link

http://www.helium.com/items/666219-organized-versus-disorganized-serial-killers

Gone all day and trying to catch up - can someone please fill me in quickly since body was ID'd? Thanks

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/11/urgency-apparent-among-law-enforcement-working-jessica-ridgway-case/

At about 24 and about 35 secs into this report you can see the location of the body (especially at 24). The actual body has been blurred. I was wrong and other people were right when they said they did see a body or remains that night during the live streaming raw footage from the helicopter. I totally missed it at the time.

So looking at the video of the location of the body, you can see that it wasn't actually near the tree but just on the other side of the fence.

WHAT IF the perp hid her in the drain pipe, and an animal pulled her out just past the fence? Then it wasn't hidden in plain sight at all and some of the profiling goes out the door.

If it was put just past the fence, that could also be someone who meant to take the body farther, but was somehow stopped, meaning there could be someone who was traveling that road while the body was being left, and just doesn't know they saw something important. (This is not even a blip on the news in my area)

There are no houses that have a view of the place where Jessica's body was found.

I'm so far behind here but must comment on this post. You may be right but someone who gave his name, called into the Nancy Grace show on October 11 (or did they contact him?) stating that he's been watching the whole recovery effort take place from his kitchen window. He said he lives above the site on a hill and can see the police coming and going, the large crane and the lights. At first he thought there had been a traffic accident there.

Here's the link to the transcript with the conversation.

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1210/11/ng.01.html

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/ci_...ollow-all-leads-find-jessica-ridgeways-killer

Investigators follow all leads to find Jessica Ridgeway's killer
By Kirk Mitchell and Tom McGhee

About 100 investigators from a dozen local, state and federal agencies are working through the weekend, checking leads that may identify who killed 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway...

...A team of eight people fielded every imaginable type of tip Saturday, including advice about where to search for evidence and who should be investigated. There were even tips from people claiming to be psychic, Materasso said...

...Commenting about Jessica's backpack, which was found in Superior in a standing up position, Depew said it suggests the object wasn't tossed out there, but rather the backpack was placed in a certain position so it would be found.

"That has a tinge of taunting, that he is announcing that he is the one, he had her, he put the bag there," Depew said. "They think they are smarter than the police. Sometimes they leave a note in the bag."

More at link.

Did you know that if you are caught peeing on a gravel road, you will be charged for indecent exposure and put on the RSO site.:jail:

Are you SERIOUS? I assume this varies by state?? I am ALL FOR having a sex offender registery, but I think it's a shame that some young people are lumped into the same group (or even some dumb older ones, or older ones who couldn't "hold it" any longer). That's crazy and ridiculous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtective
Yes, I do believe this guy is playong some games with LE...Superior, Alpha, Andrew...makes me think that backpack was placed in that specific place after some serious thought...just not a coincidence or random toss of the bag.
yep, that does seem like a strong message. It could be that he is taunting LE, ie. Andrew is the superior alpha male, with his name being Andrew. Or he's taken the meaning of Andrew + superior + alpha. If either are true it shows a lot of thought was put into it and he is playing mind games.

I don't understand how someone can use someone's treasured child and then toss them away like garbage. In my opinion, that goes waaaaay beyond being a child abuser.

So looking at the video of the location of the body, you can see that it wasn't actually near the tree but just on the other side of the fence.

WHAT IF the perp hid her in the drain pipe, and an animal pulled her out just past the fence? Then it wasn't hidden in plain sight at all and some of the profiling goes out the door.

If it was put just past the fence, that could also be someone who meant to take the body farther, but was somehow stopped, meaning there could be someone who was traveling that road while the body was being left, and just doesn't know they saw something important. (This is not even a blip on the news in my area)

The person might not have seen anything, or rather, there might not have been anything to see. The perp could have seen headlights coming for a long way on that road at night and had enough warning to dump everything and hurry back to his car, and a body would be hard to spot in the dark.

Is there a reward for this freaks capture?
Money talks!
Someone turn him in!

Are you SERIOUS? I assume this varies by state?? I am ALL FOR having a sex offender registery, but I think it's a shame that some young people are lumped into the same group (or even some dumb older ones, or older ones who couldn't "hold it" any longer). That's crazy and ridiculous!

It's for real. At one point in MA, the guys who got cited for peeing in the bushes around the Gillette Stadium parking lot after the football game. I think they changed that, but I'm not positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monique 9903