CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
How often do the culverts get cleaned? Monthly? Every six months? Is it a little too coincidental that Jessica was placed in the pipe (or very close to it) within a few days of the maintenance crew being there. I suspect there is a good chance he knew that that particular culvert was scheduled for maintenance and that therefore she would be found that week, which ties in with the theory he wanted her found, in that condition, so his "handiwork" would be seen when it was fresh enough to see what he had done. Who has access to the culvert and road maintenance schedule?

IMO if he wanted her to be found, he wouldn't need to have knowledge of culvert cleaning schedules to time the crime by, he'd just leave her somewhere semi-public. Plus LE said he "placed her remains on the hillside" ( see link earlier in thread) so the culvert itself doesn't seem to play a big role.

Snipped by me. :)

Actually not true. Most of Colorado is flat and open high plains. Eastern Colorado. And up to the the foothills it's just open rolling prairies for gazillions of acres.

True. Eastern Colorado is pretty much same as Nebraska. But where Jessica was placed was so near the foothills that getting into the foothills was very close.

Umm...have seen several references....and going to show my 'pop culture' cards (or lack thereof)...what in the world is Dexter? some TV show? or what?

Sorry if this is already answered, but "Dexter" is a cable show on either HBO or Showtime that is all about a guy named Dexter who is a serial killer who is a vigilante type killer. Meaning he kills people that "deserve" to be killed in his mind. It is very graphic and disturbing, but the show has a huge audience and a huge following of people who watch it. I have to admit I have even seen about 3 episodes of it. I dont particularly like the show, but I can see why others do because the production of the show is done very well. Good actors, good plots, etc.

Actually not true. Most of Colorado is flat and open high plains. Eastern Colorado. And up to the the foothills it's just open rolling prairies for gazillions of acres.

Interesting! I never would have expected that.

The far northwest corner of Illinois is not flat like the rest of the state - it was missed by the glaciers that passed through and is very hilly and even has cliffs. Figured I would share another random geological fact lol.

Sorry my ignorance.

Even if this had've occured in the Australian outback, which is about as sparse and empty as you can get, there would still have been plenty of places to hide a tiny body.

:cow:

The police placed the backpack inside the paper bag to preserve any evidence that was on it.

I am actually doubting this report, now. As far as I know, there was one news station reporting this info. When questioned, LE would not comment about the paper bag. If the backpack was placed in the bag, why not just confirm that? No harm there. I went back and read through threads 1 and 2 last night. I believe the perp wanted the backpack to be found in the spot it was in. I think it is likely that the homeowner who reported the found backpack picked it up to look at it, and possibly even took it inside their home/garage. I know that's what I would do. Who finds something, announces it to be claimed, but leaves it in its "lost" place? I think it made the perp mad that his clue didn't get publicized in the timely manner he wanted, so he left the paper bag in the same spot. (Before backpack was reported.) I think the bag contained her clothing, pieces of it, or her glasses. There is a picture of it (the bag) and it is on the sidewalk with police tape encircling it about 10 feet on all sides, including the street, with NO LE or anyone in the picture. Now, why would LE get the backpack from the homeowner, who admits to picking it up and looking at it...and possibly moving it, put it in a bag, then tape off an area that everyone has already walked on, step back, and THEN take a picture? Once the backpack was placed in the bag.... if it was for evidence sake.... then it wouldn't make sense to put it BACK on the sidewalk, everyone walk away from it, and then take pictures. Or at least I can't make any sense of it. I believe that somehow, the perp got back in that neighborhood undetected. That is one big clue they know he's local. They know he's watching. After the backpack and the bag were found, it is obvious in the presser that LE shifts gears. They mention not to look for Jessica in same clothing, or with her glasses on. (LE for 'we found clothes') They begin to search only open spaces. This was a clue left in maybe the backpack... maybe in a notebook, or a textbook in the bag. They had to look closely to find it, and LE mentions in presser going over the contents of the bag for what was Jessica's and what wasn't. They also started collecting DNA (LE speak for 'we are looking at a murder') As far as I know, DNA is not usually collected for less serious crimes. There was a clue that was sexual or fatal in nature that made them start that. In this same presser... LE asks media to PLEASE cooperate with them in not publishing certain information that might be crucial evidence. There were tweets of bagged evidence at another location by media, but NO photo. I know LE asks this in all cases, but there was a plea to his voice that was different. LE also makes a random, odd sentence in presser that has no bearing on the sentence prior to it, or after it. It wasn't a question asked by media. "We are not concerned with distance in this case." What does that mean? Was it a message to the perp? They also abruptly moved the command center from the rec center, then posted a pic of new command center. Did he taunt them about what he was seeing there? Was this interaction with the perp?

These are ways I think LE knows it's one of their own community. One possibly on foot at times.... maybe even a journalist or member of the community that others would EXPECT to find near the crime scenes. He might even be helping so much that his family and friends think he is such a swell guy for caring so much about this child's murder. He does not stand out. He isn't creepy, sweaty, balding, with warts all over and a hook for his left hand. He's one of them, and that is the scariest part of all.

Please excuse the absence of links. The phone makes that difficult. The pictures and presser links I am speaking of are found near the end of thread 1 and throughout thread 2.

All of this is just my observations, opinions, and guesses.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I'm just thinking he wanted her and the backpack out of his neighborhood and by using two different locales, he was giving LE two areas to focus on, not in his own neighborhood. And he couldn't be out of the area long enough to drive up into the mountains or someplace more remote, and still be available for alibi purposes and/or to watch LE being the house-to-house.

So, deflection, maybe but not to make a statement or terrorize, in my mind.

Wheels spinning over here, disregard the smoke.

Wondering if our perp does not have a vehicle of his own, borrows or uses one provided by someone else and therefore has a limited time frame in which to dispose of body and backpack.

This could explain why a better job of hiding the remains was not done (if that indeed was a goal of our killer and not taunting)

I am actually doubting this report, now. As far as I know, there was one news station reporting this info. When questioned, LE would not comment about the paper bag. If the backpack was placed in the bag, why not just confirm that? No harm there. I went back and read through threads 1 and 2 last night. I believe the perp wanted the backpack to be found in the spot it was in. I think it is likely that the homeowner who reported the found backpack picked it up to look at it, and possibly even took it inside their home/garage. I know that's what I would do. Who finds something, announces it to be claimed, but leaves it in its "lost" place? I think it made the perp mad that his clue didn't get publicized in the timely manner he wanted, so he left the paper bag in the same spot. (Before backpack was reported.) I think the bag contained her clothing, pieces of it, or her glasses. There is a picture of it (the bag) and it is on the sidewalk with police tape encircling it about 10 feet on all sides, including the street, with NO LE or anyone in the picture. Now, why would LE get the backpack from the homeowner, who admits to picking it up and looking at it...and possibly moving it, put it in a bag, then tape off an area that everyone has already walked on, step back, and THEN take a picture? Once the backpack was placed in the bag.... if it was for evidence sake.... then it wouldn't make sense to put it BACK on the sidewalk, everyone walk away from it, and then take pictures. Or at least I can't make any sense of it. I believe that somehow, the perp got back in that neighborhood undetected. That is one big clue they know he's local. They know he's watching. After the backpack and the bag were found, it is obvious in the presser that LE shifts gears. They mention not to look for Jessica in same clothing, or with her glasses on. (LE for 'we found clothes') They begin to search only open spaces. This was a clue left in maybe the backpack... maybe in a notebook, or a textbook in the bag. They had to look closely to find it, and LE mentions in presser going over the contents of the bag for what was Jessica's and what wasn't. They also started collecting DNA (LE speak for 'we are looking at a murder') As far as I know, DNA is not usually collected for less serious crimes. There was a clue that was sexual or fatal in nature that made them start that. In this same presser... LE asks media to PLEASE cooperate with them in not publishing certain information that might be crucial evidence. There were tweets of bagged evidence at another location by media, but NO photo. I know LE asks this in all cases, but there was a plea to his voice that was different. LE also makes a random, odd sentence in presser that has no bearing on the sentence prior to it, or after it. It wasn't a question asked by media. "We are not concerned with distance in this case." What does that mean? Was it a message to the perp? They also abruptly moved the command center from the rec center, then posted a pic of new command center. Did he taunt them about what he was seeing there? Was this interaction with the perp?

These are ways I think LE knows it's one of their own community. One possibly on foot at times.... maybe even a journalist or member of the community that others would EXPECT to find near the crime scenes. He might even be helping so much that his family and friends think he is such a swell guy for caring so much about this child's murder. He does not stand out. He isn't creepy, sweaty, balding, with warts all over and a hook for his left hand. He's one of them, and that is the scariest part of all.

Please excuse the absence of links. The phone makes that difficult. The pictures and presser links I am speaking of are found near the end of thread 1 and throughout thread 2.

Mutiple MSM reported the backpack was placed in an evidence bag by LE when they arrived. Here are the first two I found.

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/nation...-westminster-girl-shifts-after-backpack-found

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...eway-still-no-clues-after-3-days-of-searching

I am actually doubting this report, now. As far as I know, there was one news station reporting this info. When questioned, LE would not comment about the paper bag. If the backpack was placed in the bag, why not just confirm that? No harm there. I went back and read through threads 1 and 2 last night. I believe the perp wanted the to be found in the spot it was in. I think it is likely that the homeowner who re backpack ported the found backpack picked it up to look at it, and possibly even took it inside their home/garage. I know that's what I would do. Who finds something, announces it to be claimed, but leaves it in its "lost" place? I think it made the perp mad that his clue didn't get publicized in the timely manner he wanted, so he left the paper bag in the same spot. (Before backpack was reported.) I think the bag contained her clothing, pieces of it, or her glasses. There is a picture of it (the bag) and it is on the sidewalk with police tape encircling it about 10 feet on all sides, including the street, with NO LE or anyone in the picture. Now, why would LE get the backpack from the homeowner, who admits to picking it up and looking at it...and possibly moving it, put it in a bag, then tape off an area that everyone has already walked on, step back, and THEN take a picture? Once the backpack was placed in the bag.... if it was for evidence sake.... then it wouldn't make sense to put it BACK on the sidewalk, everyone walk away from it, and then take pictures. Or at least I can't make any sense of it. I believe that somehow, the perp got back in that neighborhood undetected. That is one big clue they know he's local. They know he's watching. After the backpack and the bag were found, it is obvious in the presser that LE shifts gears. They mention not to look for Jessica in same clothing, or with her glasses on. (LE for 'we found clothes') They begin to search only open spaces. This was a clue left in maybe the backpack... maybe in a notebook, or a textbook in the bag. They had to look closely to find it, and LE mentions in presser going over the contents of the bag for what was Jessica's and what wasn't. They also started collecting DNA (LE speak for 'we are looking at a murder') As far as I know, DNA is not usually collected for less serious crimes. There was a clue that was sexual or fatal in nature that made them start that. In this same presser... LE asks media to PLEASE cooperate with them in not publishing certain information that might be crucial evidence. There were tweets of bagged evidence at another location by media, but NO photo. I know LE asks this in all cases, but there was a plea to his voice that was different. LE also makes a random, odd sentence in presser that has no bearing on the sentence prior to it, or after it. It wasn't a question asked by media. "We are not concerned with distance in this case." What does that mean? Was it a message to the perp? They also abruptly moved the command center from the rec center, then posted a pic of new command center. Did he taunt them about what he was seeing there? Was this interaction with the perp?

Interesting thoughts T4TIDE... You've given me something to ponder further about as to possibilities regarding the backpack and all that the backpack possibly entails...

**ETA**
as far as links provided to negate the above thoughts regarding the backpack..its moo that as is always the case, ESPECIALLY A HIGH PROFILE CASE such as this one, LE in no way whatsoever is obligated to full disclosure to the public, not even close especially WRT evidence.. My point simply being that tho, reported links may quote LE as having publicly stated "one thing" ..its SOP that LE could in fact be purposefully misleading in knowing that within the public to whome they are "reporting"..the public VERY MUCH INCLUDES THE PERPATRATOR, HIMSELF..therefor LE will purposefully shape all statements made as need be for the purpose of advancing the case and ultimately catching this killer..

Thereby LE's having said something about particular evidence imo does not at all make that the bona fide, accurate truth..obviously it is not with any nefarious intent whatsoever that LE decides to mislead WRT evidence...again its for the one purpose here of utmost importance..catch and convict this abductor/killer!..all jmo..

The fact remains that your kids are still more likely to be struck by lightening than abducted.

Right now though, not knowing what the likeliness is of lightning storms in the Denver area, there is a prediction of a predator on the loose, I think it may affect the odds too much to take the chance.

Just my opinion, but I'd walk the 13 year old. For the neighbour. Or walk out the door and keep an eye on him or follow him from afar to make certain. Brrr. I just get chills at what parents right now over there are facing :(

I don't have time to explain it all now, but will come back later. (At kids piano/guitar lessons.) I believe there is significance to the date that Jessica's remains were located. It is possible that her abduction was preparation for her murder on that date: 10/11/12. An alignment of sorts. This is why the warnings that he may strike again.

Wait, she was only IDed to the public on 10/12/12, but her remains were found 10/10/12. 10/11/12 was a day we waited for news I thought?

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...r-youngsters-after-jessicas-murder?source=rss

Pomona student council and National Honor Society members will kick off the program Monday afternoon, with participants standing watch at four elementary schools for about 30 minutes at the end of the day.
Groen expects kids from the other high schools to join in at other elementary schools as word about the program spreads.
Eventually, he said, he expects there will be 10 to 20 high school students standing watch at each of the 28 elementary schools.

There was some sort of acquaintance and he did contact her just prior to his arrest. I cant remember if it was by phone or letter. Anyone?

Didn't they work together at a suicide prevention hotline?

Mutiple MSM reported the backpack was placed in an evidence bag by LE when they arrived. Here are the first two I found.

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/nation...-westminster-girl-shifts-after-backpack-found

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...eway-still-no-clues-after-3-days-of-searching

I am aware of those reports. I am positive that the backpack WAS placed in an evidence bag. How sure are we that it is the same bag that we see in the photo? Why did LE refuse to answer that at the presser?

I just can't make any sense of putting it in the bag, then replacing it on the sidewalk, removing all law enforcement and media out of the viewable area, placing cones in the street to place tape around the area, and THEN media getting a clear view photo. That was intentional. Jmo

Lots of low flying helicopters in the area...anyone know why? In Supior/Boulderish.

Any idea on this yet? Are they still out there? I might be able to see from the top floor of our building (in the distance). There are open fields and such around 95th and Valmont, and is there a body of water there? Sheesh, you would think I knew my area better, I used to drive Valmont from 95th daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Didonexx