CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, here's the thing - the family has been ruled out but that's about it. Everyone else is a suspect, no matter what their job title may be.

I thought only LE could state who is or isn't a suspect... I mean we can speculate what we think but I don't think anyone should be referred to as a suspect. Just my opinion.

I really don't believe anyone we've seen mentioned is involved with her death. I'm sure they have all been more than willing to give DNA to be compared to what was found, and would most likely been arrested or at least mentioned as a POI if they matched or refused. I think it's safe to exclude all of the people mentioned to date.

The man could have known about the abdunction but not known the name. Also a lot of people can so swept up in their own lives, they do not watch the news.

And it is bizarre to leave it there to begin with. No one would think a kidnapper would risk going in a nice residential neighborhood and neatly leave a backpack.

Yes perfect example. Last week there was a house fire in my town, I had no idea. I get into work and ne of my co-workers asked me if I knew the woman who dies. I was floored, had no idea what he was talking about. Sure enough I went to the cmputer and there it was.
Very seldom do I have time to watch the news and usually how I find things out is when I get to work!

The way Jessica was taken implies to me one of two things -

He knew her movements and knew she was alone that morning

or

He is just a random perp who caught a lucky break.

Either one indicates that he has local knowledge, and has probably been driving around beforehand.

Either one indicates he could have been seen. If not that day, another day when he was out cruising.

Do we have, anywhere, reports of an unexplained vehicle driving around the area?

Do we know if the FBI has a profile on what type of person this is.

They mentioned a genuine threat to the community. Do they think this is someone that has started something and will continue until they get caught or simply someone that is content with getting away with it once. Someone who stalked the victim or someone who saw a show at grabbing someone and did. If it's the guy who tried to get the jogger then his MO may be preplanning.

Would be interested in some type of profile.

Im sorry if I did anything wrong.

I apologize too. I got kind of aggravated about innocent people being suspected. I guess we are all uptight about this but we need to comply with the rules and be respectful of innocent people (and each other too) :)

It's all good. Really! :)

I know my warning came across strong but it was needed at the time. This thread completely derailed, whether or not it was clear to those of you reading at the time. lol

Know that I appreciate and understand that people are very passionate about this case. We want that!

It happens to all of us at times. We get caught up in the discussion of the moment and our emotions start taking over.

Just know that I didn't love the big mess to clean up, but I do love and appreciated all of you guys following this case!! xoxo

or

Either one indicates that he has local knowledge, and has probably been driving around beforehand.

Either one indicates he could have been seen. If not that day, another day when he was out cruising.

Do we have, anywhere, reports of an unexplained vehicle driving around the area?

It seems like it's a lot of these perps MO to drive around looking for their prey. If this was Jessicas normal routine he may have been watching her for awhile.

or

If he's a random guy that just caught a break then why do they make a connection to the jogger case. When did that take place? That seemed planned with the chemical agent on the rag and all.

Whew. FINALLY caught up.

So much to say - but it's garbled in my head, so apologies first.

I have been (over the last few threads) skipping pages, five at a time, to not only catch up but because I think that this case has become slightly hysteric.

I honestly believe that while the perp is probably not the stupidest man alive, this is also not a case of the smartest man who ever roamed the earth.

There has been so much discussion of symbolism which alludes to hours and hours, if not days and weeks and months of preplanning this crime. I think most of us have forgotten ourselves in the hysteria to forget the most important part of this *IMHO*, which is that he grabbed this girl off of a street - seemingly in a crime of opportunity.

Unless he had been watching the Ridgeways for a long enough time frame to be able to know their schedules, and following JR enough to know that she met up with friends, and had enough knowledge to know that on THIS particular day her friends or her ride wouldn't immediately drive back home to ensure she was okay and that her mom had her cell off and wouldn't receive calls -- I *HIGHLY* doubt that he intentionally "triangulated" the home and the backpack and the dump site, etc. Just as I highly doubt there is any symbolism in Alpha/Andrew/Superior/Quaker, etc.

I think the b***ard just got lucky.

I'm fairly certain that what happened to JR was quick. He snatched her and knew that his window was small. Did he *intend* to kill her? Or was he just looking for sex/control/etc and it got way out of hand? Did he preplan her dismemberment or did he panic after things didn't quite go his way?

I think he got lucky, in that an amber alert wasn't issued for +/-12 hours after he got her.

The backpack was a lure. It had to have been. I think the police were getting too close for comfort (does anyone know where they were searching/planning to search in the day before that was dropped - Saturday?), and he wasn't finished with his clean up. He needed more time, which means that at least JR didn't suffer for too long.

I don't think he planned where he put it, just so long as it was *away* from him.

As far as why he put her body where he did - I have no idea. Nor any real theories at this point. There's just not enough information.

There are so many intelligent and savvy individuals on this thread -- I just think it would be so much more beneficial to slueth the facts in hope of bringing JR's killer to justice than to get so far out on a tangent about triangulations and satanic symbolism for 20+ pages. I just really don't think this crime was planned out like some horror/thriller/gore movie. There are too many things that had to occur just the way they did for that to be plausible.

MOO.:twocents:

nurse Beeme pointed out that the bp was placed in Superior when LE was searching open spaces close to where the body ended up being found. So I think it was a diversion, but I also think it was an intentional diversion WITH MEANING. he's accomplishing his agenda to get the cops away from the remains, while ALSO communicating something else.

Well, here's the thing - the family has been ruled out but that's about it. Everyone else is a suspect, no matter what their job title may be.

Maybe the mods can give us some guidance on this. In the press conference held after they identified Jessica's remains, I specificially remember the spokesperson for WPD saying that they believed this to be a stranger abduction, and when asked about that further stating something to the effect of all other possible suspects were ruled out. They seemed pretty straightforward about it, and they have proceeded with this as they would in a stranger abduction case. I take that to mean that people like J's friends father, the man who found the backpack, and other minor players who we know of, are ruled out. And therefore should not be sleuthed.

Some clarification from mods on this issue would be much appreciated!

Whew. FINALLY caught up.

So much to say - but it's garbled in my head, so apologies first.

I have been (over the last few threads) skipping pages, five at a time, to not only catch up but because I think that this case has become slightly hysteric.

I honestly believe that while the perp is probably not the stupidest man alive, this is also not a case of the smartest man who ever roamed the earth.

There has been so much discussion of symbolism which alludes to hours and hours, if not days and weeks and months of preplanning this crime. I think most of us have forgotten ourselves in the hysteria to forget the most important part of this *IMHO*, which is that he grabbed this girl off of a street - seemingly in a crime of opportunity.

Unless he had been watching the Ridgeways for a long enough time frame to be able to know their schedules, and following JR enough to know that she met up with friends, and had enough knowledge to know that on THIS particular day her friends or her ride wouldn't immediately drive back home to ensure she was okay and that her mom had her cell off and wouldn't receive calls -- I *HIGHLY* doubt that he intentionally "triangulated" the home and the backpack and the dump site, etc. Just as I highly doubt there is any symbolism in Alpha/Andrew/Superior/Quaker, etc.

I think the b***ard just got lucky.

I'm fairly certain that what happened to JR was quick. He snatched her and knew that his window was small. Did he *intend* to kill her? Or was he just looking for sex/control/etc and it got way out of hand? Did he preplan her dismemberment or did he panic after things didn't quite go his way?

I think he got lucky, in that an amber alert wasn't issued for +/-12 hours after he got her.

The backpack was a lure. It had to have been. I think the police were getting too close for comfort (does anyone know where they were searching/planning to search in the day before that was dropped - Saturday?), and he wasn't finished with his clean up. He needed more time, which means that at least JR didn't suffer for too long.

I don't think he planned where he put it, just so long as it was *away* from him.

As far as why he put her body where he did - I have no idea. Nor any real theories at this point. There's just not enough information.

There are so many intelligent and savvy individuals on this thread -- I just think it would be so much more beneficial to slueth the facts in hope of bringing JR's killer to justice than to get so far out on a tangent about triangulations and satanic symbolism for 20+ pages. I just really don't think this crime was planned out like some horror/thriller/gore movie. There are too many things that had to occur just the way they did for that to be plausible.

MOO.:twocents:

EXCELLENT POST!!!
This is exactly the same line of thought I've had from the very beginning! Very well put! Thank you.

If he's a random guy that just caught a break then why do they make a connection to the jogger case. When did that take place? That seemed planned with the chemical agent on the rag and all.

That was 5 months ago. If it was the same guy, he probably decided he needed to change his tactics some since it didn't work that time.

or

Well, guess it depends on what you mean by "area" ... But yes there is blue sedan candy man and white van guy.

That brings up a good point, the chemical the jogger used. What is it? Would it be bought from a pharmacy? Made at home?

or

I'm just disappointed b/c I was just at the playground and there were 2 sets of pre-teen kids there, unsupervised. a 12 yo boy with his 8 yo brother (estimating ages) and a 13 yo girl with a 10 yo and 7 yo girl. WTH???

I wasn't sure if I should have warned them and freaked them out or what. There was a 70ish yo man sitting on the picnic bench next to a bike, just watching them. he left eventually.

This is a good article.It says something I have not heard before.That Jessica was meeting her friend at his house that morning?This was different from what they usually did.Maybe she went past someone she did not normally go by everyday and they abducted her.What route did she take differently to get to his house?What roads did she go on.

It also says Jessica would sometimes go to a church in Arvada.I wonder who she went with?

From article

But on that chilly day, Jessica planned to meet her friend at his home. By 8:40 a.m., she had not arrived. With only 10 minutes until the bell rang, father and son drove off to school.

From article

The Rev. Rick Long of Grace Church in Arvada, which Jessica sometimes attended, said the girl who brought so much light into everyone's life would not want her death to cast a permanent gloom or leave a fearful world behind.

http://www.registercitizen.com/articles/2012/10/21/news/doc5084227cd0e41801689998.txt

When LE released pictures of the cross, they said it was small - 1-1/2" x 1".
Has anyone seen a measurement for the thickness?
Comparing it to the length, it must be very thin.
I wish they had also posted an actual sized picture for viewing.

Fox- Would you hear helicopter's flying outside in your town? Or see possible roadblocks? I commend you for being so informed Nationally but personally I also want to know what's going on in my town. Not sure how you do it :)

Not picking on you but using your comment as an example as others have said roughly the same thing.

I was working from home one day two weeks ago and helicopters were going over and over all day. I thought it was really weird, in the back of my mind, but that's it. I didn't actively try to find out what it was and didn't think about it really at all.

That night I found out that down the street from me a woman and her two very young daughters had been missing for days and LE was searching for them.

I am an active websleuths member, true crime "studier" for 15 years, almost went into a career in criminal psychology, and my immediate thought was not towards anything sinister with the helicopters. We don't have a big airport nearby (small private ones) and we live in the country, so we never see any air traffic.

I see no urgency to get the bag away from him. He can simply store the bag where he has the body. The bag had to have been a taunt or to clear some space so he could dispose the body.

That said if it was left past midnight, then the search was done for that day and he had a clear route to dump the remains.

Unless he dumped the bag and then waited for the call to get the bag which would then risk it being during the day and him being spotted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT1510