CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first time I've seen this attempt from last week reported on?
http://kdvr.com/2012/10/21/aurora-police-seek-2-attempted-kidnap-suspects/

"A woman told police that at 11:20 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 16 she had parked her car and was walking to a bar in the 1600 block of S. Chambers Rd. when two men in a small white car pulled up to her.
The driver asked her for directions. The victim says she started to provide directions with the passenger got out of the car, approached her from behind, and tried to put a towel over her mouth.
She fought back and knocked him to the ground. She ran inside the bar and called police."

Thanks for your link!

The Denver Post article of the timeline. The normally walk to the park but this time she was going to meet the boy at his house and then walk to school with him. After she didn't arrive and there was 10 minutes to the bell the boy and his father drove to school. This is the current facts the police are going on based on recent articles.

Well that just sounds all wrong and doesn't make sense to me at all.:waitasec::waitasec:
If the reason they were being driven was because it was so cold, why would Jessica walk all the way to the friends house? Why not just pick her up on the way?

Maybe Jessica was not 100% truthful with her mother and said she was headed to the park when in fact she planned to walk to the friend's house.
:moo::moo::moo::moo:

Not to mention Jessica's mother clearly saying that she left to meet her friend at the park.

Does this mean that all along LE knew Jessica was possibly headed in the other direction when she left home that morning?

Or does the Denver Post have it wrong?

The Denver Post article of the timeline. The normally walk to the park but this time she was going to meet the boy at his house and then walk to school with him. After she didn't arrive and there was 10 minutes to the bell the boy and his father drove to school. This is the current facts the police are going on based on recent articles.

Where did they get that information? From what source? Did LE say that?
Did the paper source their information? Because that's not true. They were supposed to meet at the park to walk to school together. Sarah said that had been confirmed by J Friday morning via phone call to friend's father's phone.

If it's the same friend Jessica usually walked with, then she'd have to walk several blocks out of her way to get to the friend's house. Makes no sense at all.

The origin of the cross, could point to Jessica's killer, especially if it is handmade from remnants of old wood etc.

The type of wood is very important, IMO. It does not appear to be a mass produced necklace to me, which could narrow down a suspect.

Ok, lets assume you actually manage to identify the type of wood, (which I'm SURE LE has already done), that wood isn't the only tree in the forest...so to speak. I'm pretty sure there will end up being thousands of places to find the same kind of wood. and that still wouldn't lead to the murderer!
LE has asked the public to think about WHO may have worn a cross like the one they are showing. They have asked the public to think about someone who may be missing this item. They are hoping to identify the cross with a person. They are not asking for information, opinions or speculation about the markings on the cross, the type of wood it is made out of or anything like that. I guess I just don't understand why anyone would be so focused on something like this?

As you can see above, I was composing a post surrounding similar information when this post was made.
5 of 10 is NOT true as the father told LE he drove his son to school on Thursday.There has never been anything that said Jessica was to walk to someone's house to meet - only that they were to meet at the park nearby Jessica's house.

Please provide a link to any official source to support your claim. If there is one, I've missed it. Thank you.

Not arguing, but the son said that Jessica went to school on Friday and the father said the son was mistaken that was on Thursday. He said that JR never arrived on Friday, so he drove his son to school. The phone call Friday morning was about JR meeting up with the boy and going to school. Father said she never arrived so he drove son to school.

I'm sorry if this sounds snarky, but I just can't figure out WHY it seems to be so important to know what KIND OF WOOD this cross was made out of?? It has no bearing on this case! What is important is whether or not anyone has seen someone wearing this type of cross, has noticed it missing, etc. Who cares what kind of wood it is made out of?

Hello Fellow Tarheel.....

We talk about the KIND OF WOOD because we can. And it gives us something to talk about. :D

I don't know why, but like you, I have no interest in the type of wood that the cross is made out of. Must come with the common territory.

About an attempted abduction on Oct 16th.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/2...pted-kidnapping-?odyssey=tab|topnews|bc|large

AURORA - Aurora police are asking for the public's help in locating a vehicle and identifying two suspects involved in an attempted kidnapping.

And

The woman said she started to give them directions when the male passenger got out of the car, came up from behind her and tried to put a towel over her mouth. She said she knocked him to the ground and ran inside the bar to call police.*

Much more

Not arguing, but the son said that Jessica went to school on Friday and the father said the son was mistaken that was on Thursday. He said that JR never arrived on Friday, so he drove his son to school. The phone call Friday morning was about JR meeting up with the boy and going to school. Father said she never arrived so he drove son to school.

Sadly, the daddy will not speak with the media at all so we have some conflicting reports.

Lots of things about the plans for walking to school that I find strange....and I'll leave it at that.

I am very interested in knowing what the new evidence is that LE has found at the site of her remains.

Sorry.... The only thing on 9 news was an attempted abduction of a woman in aurora. They said police do not think it is a link to anything else...
What gets me is a white car, put a rag over her face and is possibly white or Hispanic.
I've heard about a white car.

Hello Fellow Tarheel.....

We talk about the KIND OF WOOD because we can. And it gives us something to talk about. :D

I don't know why, but like you, I have no interest in the type of wood that the cross is made out of. Must come with the common territory.

LOL...I guess!! To me it feels more like :banghead:
but each to his own!

I'm sorry if this sounds snarky, but I just can't figure out WHY it seems to be so important to know what KIND OF WOOD this cross was made out of?? It has no bearing on this case! What is important is whether or not anyone has seen someone wearing this type of cross, has noticed it missing, etc. Who cares what kind of wood it is made out of?

I think the reason is that while there are many similar crosses out there, they aren't all made of the same types of wood.

If, for instance, the cross in the photo were made of some unusual wood found only in Costa Rica, that might help narrow down the origin of the cross, and the place it might have been purchased in the US.

I hope that I am wrong but I think that we have a serial killer at work in Colorado. I do not believe he is a local or from Jessica's neighborhood. I believe he will kill again but in a different state. The states really have to be good about communicating with one another over the next several months.

I agree.

Except extend that out to as much as 20+ years. It's rare but there are serial killers who take extended leave, so to speak, from killing.

Where did they get that information? From what source? Did LE say that?
Did the paper source their information? Because that's not true. They were supposed to meet at the park to walk to school together. Sarah said that had been confirmed by J Friday morning via phone call to friend's father's phone.

If it's the same friend, they several blocks out of J's way. Makes no sense at all.
The timeline thread has a transcript of Jessica's mother's interview.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187312"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187312[/ame]

I'm not actually seeing where she said they were to meet at the park that morning. I have that in my timeline, but that is because MSM originally said that. Maybe it has been interpreted wrong.

His dad drove him to school.

There is no mystery here.

<modsnip>.

The father said he drove his son to school on Friday (not Thursday as I claimed previously). The father told LE that his son confused the day they had walked together when the son told LE that he and Jessica had walked to school together Friday morning. The father said they walked together Thursday morning, that his son was mixed up about the day. The son forgot he was driven to school alone on Friday because Jessica never showed up to walk with him.

<modsnip>? I'm trying to keep the account of Jessica's last morning true to what we know so far.

It is a mystery as to why Jessica didn't show up on time to walk with her friend whether it be Thursday or Friday. That is the mystery at hand.

<modsnip>.

Denver Post could be wrong but I thought that was the story the whole time. I added about going to friends to be drove I could be wrong about that but the Denver Post clearly stated that she was going to her friends instead of the park to meet a friend and to then walk to school. We don't know where the friend lives. The park is the opposite direction of the school. So unless it was on the way to school one of the friends walking away from the school to meet at a central location. The story then goes that Jessica called that morning to confirm but never arrived at the friends house and then 10 till the bell the Friend and Father drove to school. Show me the link about it being at the park and the boy seeing her at school.

These are major facts that I don't think everyone has wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$