CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soooo... it wasn't a career criminal, nor someone over 25, nor a prior felon, nor an RSO in the system, nor someone leaving secret msgs to the prior occupants at the house where the backpack was left...

A 17 yr old psychopath. No one called that one!

Several sleuthers felt he was young and a teenager. I didn't think so and I remember saying that I didn't see how he could be a teen.

Others here said that they felt he had studied crimes, the FBI, Law Enforcement or criminology. Lo and behold....it was so.

Really proud of the posters here. Such a good job!

An image of an Arrest Record (posted via link in an earlier post in this thread) indicated that the location of the crime was 10786 Moore Street, Westminster, CO. I'm trying to figure out if that is JR's actual address, or an address they are not yet talking about. Anyone know?

OMG I am so happy he has been caught. I cannot believe he is only 17. Why would a 17 year old throw his life away by committing such an evil act against an innocent girl? I honestly thought it would be a middle aged guy.

I hope they lock him up and throw away the key. Will he be charged as an adult?

R.I.P Jessica and thoughts and prayers to your family and friends. You will not be forgotten.

Wonder if he was a loner? Doesn't look quite like the life of the party. Any history of mental health issues? Just thinking out loud. It'll come out eventually, likely.
He clearly wasn't sophisticated or calculating, IMO. But a very bad person capable of the unthinkable.

They usually are loners/anti-social. I believe he was fixated on gore. Vampire gaming or movies.

He doesn't look evil to me. He looks like a typical 17 year old kid.

These are the most terrifying........

IMO, only his mom knows what he is capable of.

2 counts of murder means 2 bodies.
They said 2 counts not 2 charges right?
maybe they found another body at his home.

Sigg confessed to his mother and he turned himself into police

per live stream right now.

the two charges are related to jessica...

Aunt of Sigg said he had gone to his mother and confessed and his mother said he had to turn himself in per ABC news talking to the Aunt

LE said during the presser that he was 'cooperative', whatever that means.
Let's see him plead guilty and confess to every crime he's ever committed or try to commit in full and honest detail.
And accept whatever punishment the state deems appropriate.
And never appeal or whine about his sentence.

That would be a start in the direction of cooperation. Beast.

Considering that many LE officers are all too aware that any arrest, even for trivial charges, can end up in a hail of bullets, they are grateful for every suspect who doesn't try to fight with the arresting officers.

There's a reason why there is a phrase 'suicide by cop.'

Someone earlier in the thread asked what was wrong with the game Minecraft (the AS on YouTube has many Minecraft videos). My answer - absolutely nothing. My whole family - DH and I, along with our four kids, including the 6 year old! - play it. It's basically a sandbox game. You dig with shovels, mine for resources with a pickaxe, build a shelter, plant crops, make foods, raise animals for food, etc etc. it's got a retro look and feel, and the only bad guys are very cartoonish skeletons and creepers that come out at night (but you can play in modes where there are no monsters).

It's very fun, and I enjoy seeing the castles, farms, etc that the kids build. I'm really of the opinion that being a gamer, or playing certain video games doesn't tell us much about a person on its own. If it did, this guy would be playing something like Grand Theft Auto, not Minecraft. :twocents:

150% agree - I have a 17 year old who has been playing mincraft for 11 years now - the game does not put put bad thoughts into their heads nor does it lead them to do evil imo.

An image of an Arrest Record (posted via link in an earlier post in this thread) indicated that the location of the crime was 10786 Moore Street, Westminster, CO. I'm trying to figure out if that is JR's actual address, or an address they are not yet talking about. Anyone know?

Ridgeway's addy.

I think his mom is fine just like with the Whitney Heichle case he was charged with 7 counts of murder i think probably related to the kidnapping and murder there was a break down for what that means i dont think it is two bodies per se

My best friend in Denver told me her friend's daughter has gone to school with Austin since 7th grade!!

Did she offer any insight into what type of individual he was..was he a loner..was he sadly one who ppl will not be surprised to hear he is involved in this..or was he a typical kid who overall appeared to be as "normal" as everyone else therefor ppl who knew him will be shocked to see he is involved?

TIA..

Like with the ari Liggett guy that cyanide poisoned and dismembered his mom last week..former classmates of his said he was absolutely kniwn to be mentally off and that the crazily calm, slightly grinning face seen in his mugshot was the exact facial expression THAT HE HAD EVERYDAY, ALL DAY LONG..

Does he live in the neighborhood where the backpack was found?

I wonder if his mom had any concerns about him? Had he acted weird since Jessica's disappearance? Had he been interested in her case? I've seen some posts that she called LE, is this accurate? Did Jessica go back to their family home? SO many questions!

Sigg confessed to his mother and he turned himself into police

per live stream right now.

the two charges are related to jessica...

I wonder how the jogger is feeling today. Just trying to imagine if she feels relieved, vindicated, sad...?

The fact that he studied crime tells me that he probably has a pretty good knowledge of famous cases. I am still wondering if any of the "connections" we made to other cases turn out to be accurate.

150% agree - I have a 17 year old who has been playing mincraft for 11 years now - the game does not put put bad thoughts into their heads nor does it lead them to do evil imo.

Minecraft is one of the better ones, good for the brain, too.

But anyway, NO one IRL wants to discuss this case with me. I can't get over the arrest. I'm catching up now.

WE REMEMBER, JESSICA. Love you like I knew you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500