CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend from the area said they just closed down her kid's school and sent them home, something going on there.

One woman who lives about a block away did say that teams of LE DID search her home and her immed. neighbors after the abduction. She didn't know about Sigg's home as she doesn't have direct sight of his home and did not know the family.

The neighbor on the interview I watched lived 2 doors from the Siggs, and no mention of her home or theirs being searched. Did he live one block out from the search parameters?

I am so happy he's caught. I caught onto a few things last night and nailed his age. I don't want to say how due to TOS or whatever but I can't wait for the rest of this to unravel because i think websleuths played a HUGE part (positive wise) in this case. That's my speculation.

Jessica is free <3

Does he live in the neighborhood where the backpack was found?

No he lives 1.5 miles from Jessica, near Jessica's school.

If it is true he got her in open space near school, that might not have been far from his home.
He still would have needed a car to dump the body and backpack.

He probably would have had to dump body before mom came home from work, unless mom was away. So sadly by the time JR was reported missing it was probably all over at that point...

I read (earlier posts) that he confessed to his mother, who directed him to turn himself in.

Imo I think his mom recognized some red flags and started to put two and two together. She may have even found things in his room or perhaps the cross tipped her off. I think she possibly confronted him with her suspicions and he confessed.

It's so darn hard to think someone so young can be capable of such horrific and sick crime. Just blows my mind.

Someone earlier in the thread asked what was wrong with the game Minecraft (the AS on YouTube has many Minecraft videos). My answer - absolutely nothing. My whole family - DH and I, along with our four kids, including the 6 year old! - play it. It's basically a sandbox game. You dig with shovels, mine for resources with a pickaxe, build a shelter, plant crops, make foods, raise animals for food, etc etc. it's got a retro look and feel, and the only bad guys are very cartoonish skeletons and creepers that come out at night (but you can play in modes where there are no monsters).

It's very fun, and I enjoy seeing the castles, farms, etc that the kids build. I'm really of the opinion that being a gamer, or playing certain video games doesn't tell us much about a person on its own. If it did, this guy would be playing something like Grand Theft Auto, not Minecraft. :twocents:

I am not sure that the mine craft videos were posted by the SAME Austin Sigg. The first video shows an Austin Sigg playing on his school football team. It doesnt look like the same kid at all. And we would have heard already if he was on his HS football team.

I agree that there is nothing wrong with Minecraft. But I do think that when kids get too into video games, especially GTA etc, they sometimes withdraw from human contact and interaction. And thats when problems occur, imo.

And I am referring to some teens who hurry home and lock themselves away for 8 to 10 hrs to play games.

wonder if he thought he'd try out some of his CSI skills and maybe work to get FIRST place in the next event...

Can anybody find any info on Ari Liggett? Did he have any ties to Arapahoe Community College? What if they ran in the same circle?

I asked a few pages back, but can someone please quickly fill me in? How was he caught? Have they said? I read something about Mom turning him in and that he confessed to her or something, but was there something that happened recently which would cause him to feel the need to confess? I've missed the last couple of weeks b/c of our Disney trip. TIA

He definitely has an "ethnic" look to him with pale skin. The description makes perfect sense now lol. Almost palestinian/caucasian mix sort of thing. I can see why they wouldn't want to say Hispanic either.

He also resembles the candy man to me, but I wouldn't say a STRONG resemblance.

That poor mother. Can you imagine your son telling you this?? She did good. She did the right thing.

This also makes me wonder about those youtube videos from way back when. They were definitely 2 teen boys. So creepy.

Edited to add: I was one of the ones that thought this was going to be a young perp and more than one. I still think more than one.

Do you think maybe his mom was doing his laundry and noticed an unusual amount of blood stains on his clothing/sheets, etc.?

It is my opinion from the picture of him that he is not playing with a full deck of cards, jmo he may have been taking some college courses but Holmes was in college as well. Had he not confessed to mom I don't know that he would have been caught.

Murder by Numbers is what I think of...the movie with Ryan Gosling and Sandra Bullock...maybe he left clues, etc., since was into forensics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500