CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O7cCZAqWGQ

Wow! Thanks for posting this! I bet his family did recognize the cross. What is the date of this vid?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Mind sharing the time stamp? It's over 5 minutes long...TIA

ETA: never mind! I found it at 1:48

I don't know enough about mental health issues to comment on what diagnosis may or may not apply to AS.

It is my non-medical judgment that something is seriously wrong with that boy/man.

So far MSM is reporting AS saw Jessica, turned his car around and grabbed her. I don't think anyone has reported that he lured her in any way, just that he grabbed her. Then he hogtied her. I feel that he may have used chloroform on Jessica as he pulled her into the vehicle. It seems to me trying to hogtie a girl of Jessica's age might not be easy if she was fighting in any way. But if she were knocked out, the job would be easier. JMO.

It also appears from MSM that AS strangled Jessica shortly after grabbing her. I don't know if this happened before or after the hogtying. If anyone has a link to that into, I'd appreciate it if you would post it. TIA

Where did the dismemberment take place? I read somewhere today that a property owned by AS's dad was being searched. But I don't know if that was in MSM or another source.

I'm trying to gather my thoughts in light of this unfolding story, and I find I'm having a little difficulty telling facts from rumor right now.

I don't believe the cross the killer is wearing in that 2009 screen capture is the same one that was found at one of the crime scenes. It's similar in size, but to me it looks different in several ways. The important thing is he was caught and he'll never be able to abduct anyone ever again.

I don't think there is any indication of remains found belonging to other people, except for insinuations by media so far. I believe they were Jessica's remains, personally.

I agree. I too think the human remains will end up being those hotly debated and speculated about missing remains belonging to jessica. I won' t be surprised if diarticulated animal remains are found as wel though. I am pretty convinced there were animal "practice runs", particularly in light of the classmate who described the rat decomp experiments. :(

I don't think there is any indication of remains found belonging to other people, except for insinuations by media so far. I believe they were Jessica's remains, personally.

I agree. I too think the human remains will end up being those hotly debated and speculated about missing remains belonging to jessica. I won' t be surprised if disarticulated animal remains are found as well though. I am pretty convinced there were animal "practice runs", particularly in light of the classmate who described the rat decomp experiments. :(

Has the ME ruled sexual assault in or out yet?

Hoping he will stick to his confession and plead guilty. No one needs a trial, not the families, or the community.

I don't believe the cross the killer is wearing in that 2009 screen capture is the same one that was found at one of the crime scenes. It's similar in size, but to me it looks different in several ways. The important thing is he was caught and he'll never be able to abduct anyone ever again.

I agree.

To me, it doesn't matter if LE was onto him or not. LE deserves kudos. They pursued and pursued...they communicated....worked WITH the public...released as much info as they could....used social media to release updates. They made everyone aware of the important things to look for and in the end, it is most likely those very things that helped bring this young man in. I see so many cases....SO many....we all do, that never get solved in any form. Info is never released. LE acts like the public is enemy #1. Just look at Holly Bobo's case. The morning of her abduction, several 911 calls were made...we don't even know how many! WHY? Because the blasted TBI won't tell us! LE also will not release the content of the calls, tell who made the calls, tell what time the calls came in...much less, actually let us hear the dang calls! The secrets are overwhelming. I finally, after many months, quit reading over there on Holly's thread because I can't take the frustration any more. That case will never be solved.....not unless TBI opens up to us.

Other PD's should take notice! We are out here, people!
And we will help you get 'em.....

Agree 100%.....think LE did a great job communicating....and the publicity and sharing led to a much quicker arrest....:rocker:

I just read through a few pages and have to stop.

As a member of the Westminster community, I feel sick about what happened to Jessica.

I feel sick that a 17-year-old is accused of committing the crime.

These are both awful things. I don't like to think that either 10-year-olds can be brutally murdered here, or that a 17-year-old who lives here could do that. Even owing for mental illness, it's difficult news to wrap my mind around.

With those things in mind, I'm finding it very difficult to read some of the violent acts people have suggested for the accused 17-year-old either as punishment or in hopes of getting more information about what happened and whether there are other victims. Maybe he's completely evil. Maybe he's playing a game. Maybe he's mentally ill and not as completely evil as would be easier to believe. Nevertheless, most of the people here are mentally ill, and suggestions that he be tortured or subjected to vigilante justice is equally appalling. If he's responsible, I don't ever want him out in society where he can re-offend. But I certainly don't want to see or hear about any more violence, certainly not here, in my community.

MOO--but I'm sure I'm not the only community member who isn't feeling like talk of more violence is going to bring the healing and restore of the sense of safety we desperately need.

I'm not a vigilante but I sure do wish this murderer was 18 and could receive the punishment he deserves for what he did to an innocent 10 year old child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph