CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man...eerie to read the report from that little girl who said the perp's stare was ice cold and she knew who it was who took Jessica to begin with, but her mother didn't believe her. Crime of opportunity? Kinda.... because it was opportune that he came across Jessica alone, but obviously he had his eye on these little girls at the park previously.

Ugh.... from that last local news link.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

so it sounds sexual to me. and power and control too. this went on for a long time???

i'm so glad the perp was caught and no one can or will suspect the mother or family anymore.

Can't argue whether the right perp was really found when they've got a confession, body parts found in the perp's house, and (soon) a full dna match. I'm relieved the family won't face additional wild speculation of being involved--as if their pain and horror aren't enough.

And ditto the father of jr's friend, who drove his son to school and was imagined as being involved in jr's disappearance. The guilt alone has to be awful, but to be thought of as someone sinister...it compounds the pain of so many innocent people.

I always hope lessons will be learned that highlight it's important to not start pointing fingers when a crime occurs and facts are not known. Trying to guess the perp or unsub on csi or one of the crime shows may be fun, but these are real people's lives being altered forever.

amen!

I believe that the prevailing theory on psychopathy is that it is the result of both genetics and environment.

So take someone who does not have a genetic predisposition, give them a horrible childhood and no psychopathy. Take someone who does have genes predisposing them and give them an adequate childhood, no psychopathy.

Take someone who has the genetic predispostion, combine it with childhood trauma and... high risk for psychopathy. In this theory, it's a perfect storm type combination.

I don't think it is an excuse, which to me implies some sort of "well, it's okay" quality. I do think there are reasons, which do not make it okay but can point the way to how to prevent such things from happening.

I can honestly say that I have never wanted to seriously harm anyone or anything in my entire life. I'm not making a decision not to murder anyone, I'm genuinely not at all interested in doing so.

Since I am the only person whose head I can actually peek into, I tend to assume that the vast majority of people don't have any wish to murder. And that is why most people don't commit murder.

I know it's idealistic to think that things like psychopathy could someday be prevented or at least treated so that no one would be hurt but hey, I come from a religious tradition that says that the truly enlightened will refuse nirvana until all living beings are ready to enter it together (Mahayana Buddhism).

<humming "Imagine">

I believe you are spot on. All of my life I have had to suppress intense anger. My father is the same way. I now see signs of this in my 4 yr old child who has started to get in trouble weekly at his pre-school. I do not want him to suffer because of his genetics so I opted to get him evaluated and get him the treatment he needs now before it becomes a real problem. Mental illness runs on both sides of my family. I knew there was a chance that my son would inherit some awful genetic traits. I am glad that I am aware and vigilant enough to take care of the issues now in early development instead of when it's too late.

-----------------

I married at 17yrs. I took care of home, meals etc. watched my sil's kids, I came from the most broken home you can imagine.:floorlaugh:

Oh Nore:blushing::seeya: I meant no disrespect to anyone.

I realize I'm brand new here, but no, the person in Fort Collins has been arrested and he has no connection to the Ridgeway killing.
http://www.coloradoan.com/article/2...ry-assault?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

I see no resemblance between the perpetrators, or any other tie between the two cases, and am surprised to see the comparison.

I live in Colorado and there has never been an association between these cases. There was just no connection at all.

As for the arrest, thank God. I haven't slept through the night since this happened. I hope Jessica can soon be lovingly and respectfully laid to rest.

It's unfortunate this individual can't receive the death penalty, but his age prohibits it so Colorado will have to fund his room and board from here on out.

I was unaware an arrest had been made in the robbery case. I do see enough of a resemblence that if we were comparing a missing person and a john doe, I'd say submit. For those who spend time comparing UID's with MP's there is a resemblence..... but that's neither here nor there, arrests have been made in both cases and that is good news!

Thanks for the update the other case has also been solved.

birthday.gif
Coldpizza!
dance_party.gif

-----------
:angel::cake4u::star::rose:

If the little brother of AS attended Witt and regulerly walked his brother o school Jessica may well have seen AS often enough around the school and/ or neighborhood with her schoolmate to make AS seem not tobe a stranger per se but someone who "fit"/belonged there/ could be trusted enough to allow AS to get close enough to her personal space to grab her. He may not have raised any red flags as he approached her, likely did not.

23 pages begin here but wanted to say a few things. I haven't posted on this case because so many of you said exactly what I was thinking and I respect all of your thoughts, posts, and insight greatly. I was a little shy to jump in!

I'm not only sad about poor Jessica's life being taken in such a horrific way but also that it was by the actual perp. I don't know why it but it does. Not that I feel sorry for him directly. I feel that IMO, he had a warped sense of life and death and a morbid fascination of it. I do think he acted alone. It's actually very scary.

My heart aches for his family as well. How does one ever recover?

Lastly, I originally felt that this was a sexually charged crime but now feel opposite. In fact, my initial feeling although unsubstantiated is that he is gay. Just my opinion.

I think of Jessica often and am still heartbroken about the cruelty in which she died. Such a sad sad case. I am glad though that one less criminal is off he streets in her community. Those poor people and the fear they had over this.

"weird, a loner, socially isolated, quiet, kept to himself"

These words could easily describe someone with antisocial personality disorder -- a pathology seen far more often in crimes of this nature. The word itself, antisocial describes someone disconnected from deep, meaningful, lasting human relationships, someone with limited ability to connect to others in a way that resonates as normal relationships would. They are often socially isolated with idiosyncratic behaviors, described as "odd, weird, or different."

If the little brother of AS attended Witt and regulerly walked his brother o school Jessica may well have seen AS often enough around the school and/ or neighborhood with her schoolmate to make AS seem not tobe a stranger per se but someone who "fit"/belonged there/ could be trusted enough to allow AS to get close enough to her personal space to grab her. He may not have raised any red flags as he approached her, likely did not.

If Jessica's school is the closest school to the perp's house, than I would guess that the brother also went to Jessica's school too. Maybe she recognized him. JMO

WHAT :what:...other human remains?

News stations are reporting AS told LE they would find human remains in his crawlspace. First reaction, OMG! Second reaction, whose are they and how many people?

If Jessica's school is the closest school to the perp's house, than I would guess that the brother also went to Jessica's school too. Maybe she recognized him. JMO

I think his brother is in middle school.

Oh Nore:blushing::seeya: I meant no disrespect to anyone.

Cherie------------------
I'm the one sorry! I didnt mean it that way, I in a warped way meant I must be normal! wait til you get to know me, youll know what I mean..:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I am anxious to learn more about this suspect; so far, there has been nothing released that shows him to be off-the-charts unusual, other than possibly a child saying he looked at her strangely, and to be honest, I am not 100% convinced that the child ID'd this particular suspect. But even if true-so far, he sounds like a quiet, slightly odd teenager whose parents would probably have seen as "doing his own thing" "introspective" "unusual" etc...the type of teenage boy that many people have living in their homes. Yes, his interests seem unusual, but forensics is very hot right now, so that in itself is not that creepy, without knowing what we know now.

So, what are the warning signs here? Are there any?

Knowing so little about him, officially, the speculations are such shots in the dark. With what we have heard and as you indicated - him being quiet, analytical, a bit odd(?), somewhat of a loner, and having a dark side (before his crimes).... perhaps impacted by what we know of his father, not having the most stable male figure in his life.... I believe that someone like this has a great deal of self hatred. I'll be interested to learn if he has a history of self harm. I'm curious if his CSI/mortician interest was his outlet as opposed to writing, journaling, art, or some other form of expression (not like that was any better for Jesse Speer). I wonder if he's ever been in therapy, I imagine he would resist. What kind of relationship did he have w/mom and dad, did he feel comfortable talking w/either of them or did he stay up in his room alone? I imagine he really hated the world and himself without much clarity or insight and just wanted to hurt someone viciously, without any regard for who it was, any consequence (clearly), and whether it was Jessica or the jogger this was an opportunity for him to finally express his aggression.

All JMO, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member