CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the crawl space in your house. Each one is different. We're talking about someone who gave LE his DNA, so what if the body was not hidden at all in the crawlspace? We don't know. If LE had shined a flashlight, but didn't see her body, would that be "okay"?

Well, I realize that ... you said that all you had to do was shine a flashlight and you would see what you needed to. I was pointing out that it isn't necessarily true, using mine as an example. Unless you've seen the SIggs' crawl space, your statement can't be a fact. We don't know what theirs is like, thus we don't know if a light would have shown anything.

Can somebody link me to info that other cities want to question him?

I've seen a couple of different crawl spaces here in CO. None were accessed from outside the house. In our first town home we owned, the crawl space was the entire bottom of the house. There was a spot in the hall coat closet that you pulled up the carpet. There were about 3 stairs going down to a tarp covered floor. "Walls" were tarp covered dirt with dirt exposed in some places. The height was about 3 feet...maybe not quite that. I know I could sit up but had to crawl around. It really freaked me out back then and I used to think how someone could keep someone down there and no one would ever know...Anyway, other type I have seen is from a full basement, there is a small door in the wall. You'd need to hoist yourself up to get in but then it's about the same height but elevated somewhat. Also, unfinished with tarp or dirt floors and walls.

Not in my house. You have to go outside. It has a cover that's easy to remove. I can take a picture tomorrow. It's too dark now.

Ummm, please don't. If someone can access your home's crawl space from the outside you certainly should not be sharing that info (esp with pics!) online.

I've seen a couple of different crawl spaces here in CO. None were accessed from outside the house. In our first town home we owned, the crawl space was the entire bottom of the house. There was a spot in the hall coat closet that you pulled up the carpet. There were about 3 stairs going down to a tarp covered floor. "Walls" were tarp covered dirt with dirt exposed in some places. The height was about 3 feet...maybe not quite that. I know I could sit up but had to crawl around. It really freaked me out back then and I used to think how someone could keep someone down there and no one would ever know...Anyway, other type I have seen is from a full basement, there is a small door in the wall. You'd need to hoist yourself up to get in but then it's about the same height but elevated somewhat. Also, unfinished with tarp or dirt floors and walls.

Thanks, the crawl spaces I'm familiar with we're accessed from outside not inside but I don't live in that area of the country so your description is very helpful.

regarding crawlspaces, I went to my real esate guru...my lovely mother and from what she knows (diff states could be diff...we're in CA) there are no set guidelines for a "crawl space" they could be anywhere and accessed from indoors and out. A crawlspace simply means a space that is too small to fully stand upright in.

Wow did he want to be caught?

I think he probably felt trapped. If he refused to do a swab, he had to know that LE would be all over that.

Some drunk drivers at checkpoints do exactly the same thing. They know they are over the legal limit and they know they're caught. According to a friend of mine who used to be a police officer, such drivers just have a very resigned look on their face as they blow into the tube. He said you could almost always pick out who was going to blow over just by the expression on their faces.

We'll be closing this thread shortly...please continue at thread #21...

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189163"]Found Deceased CO - *ARREST!*Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #21 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Not trying to get all complicated but here in California we have "raised foundation" houses which I always thought were kind of the same as having crawlspaces. Apparently not from what I've read here, but anyway the "crawlspaces" I've seen were mostly accessible from indoors only and kept locked. The "raised foundations" I've seen/lived in meant basically the house was a few feet off the ground and you could get around underneath it if need be to say run cable, check plumbing, etc. To get in from outside means unbolting a fairly sturdy locked window thing, and the only way to get into the house from the "raised foundation" area would be sawing through the floor, or I suppose pushing through the floor for the super-strong. "Basement" to me = at least a crude concrete floor/sides, and somewhere safer to hide in a hurricane or tornado. Celllar, IIRC from living on the East Coast for awhile fit more into what I picture as a "basement" but apparently I've lived in California too long because now I just picture a bunch of aging barrels of wine. ;)

In any case... OTHER than the crawlspaces mentioned earlier where the access is from inside the house only, the others seem like odors would be so noticeable from outside. Inside who knows - it's probably sealed off better, add in someone with a weak sense of smell, I can see something inside being less noticed possibly.

Ok folks this thread is now closing...please move to thread #21

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8504980#post8504980"]Found Deceased CO - *ARREST!*Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #21 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard